Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Root - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Root (687 Views)

The Root (Why Only Christianity Is Recognized By God) / Atheism - The Root Of Humanity's Problems / Religion Is The Root Of All Evil ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Root by eyeopener: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
In the beginning Abraham had a wife, her name was Sarah. Sarah had a slave, her name was Hagar. God promised Abraham that he was going to have a son, Isaac but the fulfillment of the promise tarried. Sarah advised Abraham to go into Hagar , her slave for him not to die childless. Abraham met with Hagar and the result was the birth of Ishmael.

The Covenant

Genesis 17:19
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Genesis 17:20
And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 17:21
But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year

This covenant is confirmed in the Quran:

Surah 29:27] And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and We established the prophethood and the Scripture among his seed, and We gave him his reward in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he verily is among the righteous.

True, God blessed Ishmael because he was the seed of Abraham but had no covenant of prophethood with him. His covenant was with Isaac. Both the bible and quran confirm it (Gen. 17:19-21, Quran 29:27). God could not have sent a prophet through Ishmael seed, i.e Muhammad.

The reality is that, true to God’s covenant with Isaac, all of the prophets came through Isaac’s lineage up to Jesus Christ.

Jesus Is The Last Prophet From God the Father

Mark 12:1-7
And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.

And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

Having yet therefore one son and the last is indicative of the truth that Jesus is the last to be sent by God.

Jesus is He Who sends Prophets After Him

Matthew 23:34
"Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city,

Therefore any prophet not sent by Jesus to preach His Gospel is a false prophet.

Some of the True Prophets Sent by Jesus

Ephesians 4:10-11
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Acts 15:32
And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them.

Acts 10:43
To him bear all the prophets witness, that through his name every one that believeth on him shall receive remission of sins.

Muhammad was not a prophet from Jesus and his teachings contradict that of Jesus.

Jesus Gospel is God’s Final Message to the World

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Only the Gospel of Jesus should be preached till the end will come, i.e till Judgment Day. This does not allow for Islam or any other religion to come.

Unfortunately, muslim try to find the source of Islam in the Bible, both in the Old Testament and New Testament. All these are fabrications. Every bible prophecy talks only about Jesus.

Matthew 21:43: 43 Therefore I tell you, "the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a different nation" producing the fruits of it.

Who was Jesus addressing in that verse? The answered is in verse 45: "And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them". Therefore Jesus was addressing the chief priests and Pharisees as a NATION. The kingdom was actually taken away from them and given to the Christian as a NATION.

Referring to the Christians to whom the Kingdom has been given, the bible says: But ye are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, an HOLY NATION, a peculiar people......(I Peter 2:9).

A study of the verse reveals: PRIESTHOOD has been transferred from the Priests and Pharisees to the Christians as a HOLY NATION.

MUHAMMAD IN THE BIBLE:

HOLY SPIRIT

Muhammad’s grandfather’s name was Muttaleb, his father was Abdullai. They were idol worshipers – Satan’s devotees. How could the Holy Spirit of God be born by servants of the Devil. Impossible. Besides, even the Quran does not call Muhammad the Holy Spirit but “messenger.

MUHAMMAD THE PROPHESIED PROPHET

Nowhere did the Bible talk about Muhammad or islam. Muslims fabricated it. Jesus said Moses and other prophets spoke concerning Him, not Muhammad:

And beginning at Moses and ALL prophets, he expounded unto them in ALL the Scriptures the things concerning HIMSELF (Luke 24:27).

And he (Jesus) said unto them, these are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were WRITTEN in the law of Moses and the PROPHETS and in psalms concerning ME (Jesus). Luke 24:44

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches And Their Individual Madness 4 – Household Church Of God / Synagogue Church Replies Media Over Collaspe Building / His Wife’s Change Of Denomination Is Affecting Their Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.