Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt (986 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper / World Football Player Rankings - Useful Tool For Checking On Player Performance / Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt by Finepaparazy(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
An amateur player in Austria has been hit with a 70-match ban after allegedly head-butting a referee, Austrian media reports.
With his side down 3-2 against SPG Innsbruck West after 86 minutes last Saturday, Ismail Gunduz of amateur side SK Rum was reportedly infuriated after being shown a second yellow card.
According to a report in local paper Tiroler Tageszeitung, the 26-year-old Gunduz then stormed towards the official and head-butted him. The game was abandoned as a consequence.
"We distance ourselves from Ismail Gunduz's behaviour," Rum coach Michael Messner told the paper. "He was thrown out of the club with immediate effect, and has also been banned from stepping onto Rum's football ground."
The Tirol football association imposed the 70-match-ban, and also fined the club 257 euros.
Sporting director Matthias Waldegger was quoted as saying that he was "delighted that the thing is off the table", and that "he is no longer allowed on our pitch." He added: "I hope that player will never find another club."
Waldegger was backed by Tirol FA president Josef Geisler. "Those are activities which stand contrary to the status of football," he said.
"In my opinion you have to sanction him close to the maximum length to discourage others," he added, referring to the maximum sanction of 108 games in the association's rulebook.
However, the player defended himself, and maintained that he "slipped" on the pitch. "This sentence is madness," Gunduz insisted. "I will do all I can to return to the pitch."[i]An amateur player in Austria has been hit with a 70-match ban after allegedly head-butting a referee, Austrian media reports.
With his side down 3-2 against SPG Innsbruck West after 86 minutes last Saturday, Ismail Gunduz of amateur side SK Rum was reportedly infuriated after being shown a second yellow card.
According to a report in local paper Tiroler Tageszeitung, the 26-year-old Gunduz then stormed towards the official and head-butted him. The game was abandoned as a consequence.
"We distance ourselves from Ismail Gunduz's behaviour," Rum coach Michael Messner told the paper. "He was thrown out of the club with immediate effect, and has also been banned from stepping onto Rum's football ground."
The Tirol football association imposed the 70-match-ban, and also fined the club 257 euros.
Sporting director Matthias Waldegger was quoted as saying that he was "delighted that the thing is off the table", and that "he is no longer allowed on our pitch." He added: "I hope that player will never find another club."
Waldegger was backed by Tirol FA president Josef Geisler. "Those are activities which stand contrary to the status of football," he said.
"In my opinion you have to sanction him close to the maximum length to discourage others," he added, referring to the maximum sanction of 108 games in the association's rulebook.
However, the player defended himself, and maintained that he "slipped" on the pitch. "This sentence is madness," Gunduz insisted. "I will do all I can to return to the pitch."[/i]An amateur player in Austria has been hit with a 70-match ban after allegedly head-butting a referee, Austrian media reports.
However, the player defended himself, and maintained that he "slipped" on the pitch. "This sentence is madness," Gunduz insisted. "I will do all I can to return to the pitch."
Re: 70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt by peleson: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
The guy career is finished
Re: 70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt by julioralph(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
ISMAIL gunduz?
Hmmm....
Some people seem to have a monopoly on violence.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Mikel, Moses And Co Arrive Canada For Pre-season Tour / FA Finally Aid Chelsea From Relegating With New Sets Of Rules: See Full List / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: All The Highlights From The Glo-caf Awards 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.