Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. (34875 Views)

70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt / Zidane's World Cup Head-butt Immortalised In Bronze / Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by alexmakaay(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2007
Below is the authentic and real reason while zidane head butted marco materrazi:

Italy defender Marco Materazzi has broken his silence over the verbal exchange that led to his violent World Cup final clash with French star Zinedine Zidane.
Materazzi was sent crashing to the turf by a Zidane head-butt near the end of extra-time of the July 9 final in Berlin following a verbal altercation.
Mystery has surrounded the exact nature of the abuse directed at Zidane by Materazzi ever since the incident, which subsequently earned the Inter Milan centre-half a two-match ban from world governing body FIFA.
But in an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport here Tuesday, Materazzi revealed it was a remark he made about Zidane’s sister that provoked the French captain’s moment of madness.
Materazzi said that when Zidane offered to give him his France jersey after the final whistle in response persistent shirt-tugging by the Italian, he had replied: ‘I would prefer your sister.’
Materazzi insisted however that he should not blamed for sparking the incident. ‘I did not cause it,’ he told Gazzetta. ‘I answered verbally with a provocation to defend myself.
‘Yes, I was tugging his shirt, but when he said to me scornfully ‘If you want my shirt so much I’ll give it to you afterwards,’ is that not a provocation? I answered that I’d prefer his sister, it’s true.
‘It’s not a particularly nice thing to say, I recognise that. But loads of players say worse things , I didn’t even know he had a sister before all this happened,’ added Materazzi, who is suspended for Italy’s Euro 2008 qualifying rematch with France in Paris on Wednesday.
Zidane was given a three-match ban for his part in the spat, but as he had retired from football he was made to do three days of community service instead.
Materazzi said he would have been happy to do three years of community service if it meant he could play against France on Wednesday before criticising FIFA for what he felt was favouritism shown towards Zidane.
‘I only know that I was the one head-butted and I got a two-match ban,’ said the Inter Milan defender.
‘I would have done three months or even three years of community service to be on
the pitch at Saint Denis. But I definitely count less than Zidane.’
Zidane has never specified what Materazzi said to him and has pointedly refused to apologise to his opponent.
Asked on July 12 what exactly Materazzi had said, Zidane would only offer that it was ‘very personal and concerned his mother and his sister.’
‘You hear those things once and you try to walk away. That’s what I wanted to do because I am retiring. You hear it a second time and then a third time , ’
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by tosinadeda: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2007
Stale gist
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by tosinadeda: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2007
Did u read the topic at all? Or u think u can just batch into any forum and talk crap?
Read the topic and post on the topic
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by tosinadeda: 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2007
Did u read the topic at all? Or u think u can just batch into any forum and talk crap?
Read the topic and post on the topic
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by folahann(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2007
some people
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by A40(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2007
Even Zidane don forget say him headbutt person
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by alexmakaay(m): 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2007
uhhhmmmmm! foolish set of nonentities.
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by tosinadeda: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2007
Hey makaay
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by alexmakaay(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2007
i said i'm sorry, man.
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by 9ja4eva: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2007
Old story
Re: Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. by Jsolomex(m): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
GGGØOOAAALLLL!! GERMANS DON CARI AM oOoHH

(1) (Reply)

Lampard Speaks On Tammy Abraham Playing For England / Zlatan Sent Off After Slapping Michael Petrasso / Top 5 Biggest Spenders In The European Transfer Transfer Market Since 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.