Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (41552 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by MizTyna(f): 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
sluvy4tune: This bank keep diminishing on a daily basis , I have been trying to use their western union to access money for over 2 weeks, and they are not even a shame to tell me that their western Union portal is down. The Thunder wey go strike down GTbank still dey do Press Up.

**Updated: Use the Gtbank app for airtime purchase, my 1K disappeared its been over 24hrs now

Purchase items worth $54 using Paypal and almost 14k was debited from my account....jeeez the fraud Don reach this level ?

Pls house how much Gt charge per dollar cuz my over 4years with them go end 2moro!!!

For international transactions,u are charged double. They later return it automatically after 30days. I learnt the hard way,when i already used their master card. Its been 3wks today N i am still waiting for my £105
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by loomer: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
na which kind assignment you carry give person na, see how the post long
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bigtt76(f): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sure but only hope no keylogger app out there masked as authentic else we are in deep $h1t grin

slimyem: Except someone has a combination of your user id,password and pin,there's no way anyone can access your account and if anyone has all three,it can only be you who have compromised your security.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by favouredvivy: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ever tried wemamobile, it's easy, fast and very secured. The beneficiary gets credited immediately.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Dreambeat: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
slimyem: It's not really that cumbersome. You do not have to impute the sort code and address on your own.
All you need do is type in the correct bank name in the box provided for it and click on "search bank archive" next to it. All what you need automatically populates.
Postal code is simply 234. The process of maintaining a number as beneficiary is all to provide an extra layer of security for you
Nigerians complain about the layers of security banks put in place for their own security. They are the same ones who would be quick to want to hold the banks liable for successful fraudulent attempts if those things are not in the first place.
Thanx.I will try it out once more
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nehemiah459(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
sluvy4tune:

Gt cards doesn't work on quick teller #GreedyBank
It is true cos I noticed that recently I can't transfer funds, but for the case of western union, these peeps (quickteller) will have done it perfectly.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by moneyhungry(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: GT must have increased theirs cost at a time it was N240 when Zenith was N450. Don't know about Union Bank ...though I would dine with them using a very looooooooooong spoon grin they're so archaic

lol. thanks. I'll go for GTB.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by pickabeau1: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Augustbreak: Be careful with GTB's internet banking.Hubby used the bank for paying school fees and visa .Some months after he left,all the money remaining in his account was withdrawn by an unknown person.No notification from the bank regarding the activities on his account.The account has been blocked by the bank.
pls what happened
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Jovie: 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
People pay for my data plans all the time via GTB's internet banking. Just that I haven't been able to use it myself....i seem to have forgotten my security question and i heard they won't remind you of it... embarassed
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Chubhie: Once a bank is getting too many customers know tis time to look for alternatives. Stanbic does it for me.

Stanbic is the best . Instant transfer for both savings and current account at N73.5 Naira. GTB only allows instant transfer from current accounts and thier transfers cost N105-110.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by mecussey(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
I use the ibanking and its cool
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by pickabeau1: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
kittykat1:
Here

But ur initial post was misleading

This is a foreign currency card

Naija Banks charges annually for visa card and for card replacement.I think its about 20 dollars
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Idrico(m): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
smartchoice:

Please don't mention FBN n UBA in same sentence again.....UB what?
I will go for UBA anytime anyday when it comes to e-banking platform.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by justi4jesu(f): 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
You have no idea what crap I have been through with First Bank.
It started with $2000 disappearing after a transfer. First bank said they sent it. The recipient did not receive it.
It took 6 months (Yes! 6 freaking months) of writing letters, emails and phone calls before FB admitted that the
fault was from their end.

If you log onto FBank online portal, almost every link gives Error message. It defeats the whole purpose of e-banking.
Like I said, the only reason I am talking about it is BC I am not around.
As soon as I step in, I am closing all the accounts with them.

I don't need unnecessary headache in my life.
\

Pls inform me so we can share the taxi fare to the bank..they have caused me countless heart attacks.

Now am even confused as no one for the past 1week can withdraw with their firstbank Atm here in dubai and when you call their whack customer service they act like they were just employed and know nothing about what you are saying.

Worst bank Ever. undecided
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by usmanspihn(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonardo:
You must buy their token..
I have their token. When I tried it, I was told I could only transfer when I use a current account. And I mos def don't want to run a current account now
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idrico:
I will go for UBA anytime anyday when it comes to e-banking platform.

Cool thanks for complying.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ice234: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Did I see visa dollar maintainance fee... Hello!!!! Remind me again what is our currency.... Why won't they charge you for dollar card is dollars ur currency? Abeg show me any hidden charge on your naira card
kittykat1:
Here
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by dammytosh: 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
I agree that GTB's internet banking/ services is over rated. They only have a perception advantage. You will be shocked that over 60% of the people defending GTB's internet banking don't even av a relationship with GTB.

It is all perception.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by carbony4red(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
StreamerBlogger: Can a Nigerian send money outside through western union?

Of course u can,walk in to any First bank branch close to u,its awesome,talking 4rm experience here.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by FlyboyZee: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
GTB sucks. First Bank and UBA are ahead on mobile/internet banking as it stands right now. I have accounts in GTB I have operated for almost 10 years and I can authoritavely tell you that the bank sucks.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nmeri17: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
lmao!! refreshing piece. OP I'm surprised u could still attach some sense of humor to the whole drama. kudos!!

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Decryptor: I have been an ardent customer of GTB for the past 8yrs and enjoyed their mode of services until recently. I use to read comments (even here on Nairaland) about how they are over-rated and refused to agree to it until recently esp in the area of their online banking services.

I received some money from a relative who resides in the United States via Western Union and i set off to the bank with the personal details he gave me for identification and collection. At first i wanted to collect the money thru the Western Union via First Bank but on second thought changed my mind to make use of my bank GTB so could easily transfer the funds directly into my account.

I whistled my way into the banking hall and walked straight to the part of the counter that had a sign dangling from the top with the inscription "Receive Western Union Payments Here" and told the lady saw there my mission but to my dismay, she said that they don't pay western union anymore physically across the counter. she inquired whether i was a customer of GTB of which i gave an affirmative and then she suggested i do the whole thing right from the internet banking.

I just nodded and was quite disappointed because i needed the money in my account right away in order to take care of some urgent issues but i had no choice since it was already some minutes to 4pm and judging that it was late to get to another bank.

So i decided to make use of the ibanking facility and quickly browsed my way to their app on Google Playstore on my Handheld. After downloading and installing the app, i was face to face with the interface where i was to log in but suddenly remembered that i had forgotten my ID and Password. I remembered i was furnished with those details on the day i was issued a token for internet banking and it comprised of some long digits as the user id which i could not remember because the token was issued sometime last year and i had never run into a circumstance where i needed to make use of it while doing my online purchases in the internet.
I walked over to the customer care rep and told her i wanted to retrieve my info and there was no place on the app that gives an option to recover it. She tossed a form to me asking me to fill it which i complied to and i handed the form back to her. She casually told me that i should retry login in after 3 hrs and i would receive the link on where to recover my password (INSTEAD OF JUST INSTRUCTING ME TO SIMPLY MAKE USE OF THAT THEIR TABLE PHONE IN THE BANKING HALL TO CALL THE MAIN CUSTOMER CARE REPs TO ASSIST ME)

Fast forward to about 8 hours later at home (I decided to give them more time) i tried to login into the internet banking facility and the "Enter your USER ID" and "Password" interface kept staring at me in the face while the so-called retrieve password link was conspicuously absent.

It was then that i realized that the lady who gave me that instruction to wait for 3 hrs was a dummy and i was somewhat a bigger dummy not to have thought of the impossibility for the IT Guys behind the IBanking to magically discern that there was someone like me who will try to login from my device at so-so time so as to make sure i get a link. CHAI! embarassed

I had no other option than to call the customer care number i saw on their website and gave it a go. The number connected and i was given instructions by an automated machine to follow some prompts which i did and after about 5 mins later, i was talking to one of their customer rep. I told him my problem and he asked me some personal questions which are connected to my account which i provided the correct answers to he gave me the user ID which was a combination of my former account number before the new one was issued by the CBN. he also said he was going to forward me to an automated machine so that i can type the ID he provided in order to reset my password. I waited and about a minute later, i heard the voice of the machine instructing me to type the 14 Digit number followed by the Hash (#) key. The annoying thing about the machine was that the time frame it gave for typing the long digits was too short...Just a mere 3 or 4 seconds angry then it would say, "You have either typed the wrong key or did not respond to the instruction and then it would hang up only for me to call again and another customer care rep would pick and start the process of Question and Answer to verify my identity and then connect me to the evil automated machine..a process that would take about 4-6mins of call time: REMEMBER THAT IT IS NOT MY NETWORK PROVIDER CC I AM TALKING ABOUT IN WHICH THE CALL WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE BUT GTB CUSTOMER CARE OF WHICH MY NETWORK PROVIDER WAS CHARGING ME FOR THE CALLS. cry

After trying the whole thing about 4 to 5 times without any luck and with my drained up airtime, i just sat there thinking of my life! Until i just remembered that when it came to passwords that were numeric, i usually used a combination of numbers from my dad's former car plate number. So with my fingers crossed, i typed the ID that i managed to retrieve from them and typed in the numbers on the password field...GBAM! I had successfully logged in! cheesy Hurray Now i could get my Western Union Funds into my account or so i thought...

I took time to get familiarized with the control panel or rather the account dashboard so after a long try, i saw the option that said "Receive Western Union"...i happily clicked on it and it asked for my token code which i immediately generated and i came face to face with the form where i had to type in the details like the MTCN Number, the name of the payee and all that. Then with a big grin, i clicked on submit and was rubbing my palms in anticipation to see $$$$ but to my disappointment, i saw a page telling me error..could not connect to https://ibanking.gtbank.com/blah-blah-blah/confirm.aspx
"This must be a network ish",I thought to myself so i tried it again and again and again but still got the same result! Conclusion: The page was dead!!
Just almost immediately, my younger sister came visiting saying she needed some money to get something we discussed about the previous day. The problem was that i did not have the amount required of her in the house and the nearest ATM was very far and she needed to get the item first thing in the morning by 7am.

And like a proud peacock, i told her that she should not worry, i would simply transfer the money into her Diamond Bank account from my own account instantly right here in my living room. If una see the way i keep face as i dey talk...i made it look like having a GTB Account was the coolest thing on earth! grin

I scrolled down to the ibank page and located the "Transfer Funds Locally" and selected the "Transfer to another Bank Account" option. I filled the form with every information needed and her own account details which she provided and clicked the Submit button and to my dismay, the error page exactly the one that displayed during the Western Union greeted my computer screen. I wanted to save face by running to my Tab for succor...maybe the GTB App would help since all my attempts on the computer failed but i still got the error message in form of a pop-up. Embarassing!

Since the item she wanted to pick up was of immense importance to both of us, we resorted on calling the guy to keep it for her so that while she goes to collect it, i would rush to an ATM and make the withdrawal. But remember, GTB Customer Care line had already drained my airtime.

So i remembered that i saw a part on the online banking dashboard where one can recharge his/her line and so i leaped again. Logged in cos it had already logged me out and clicked on the "Recharge Airtime" link...a decision which i regret taking! After i typed in my phone number and scrolled to my network provider option, i typed in the amount...since it was almost 11pm, i thought of calling my cousin who sent the cash from the US to notify him of my inability to get it via my bank so i decided to recharge heavily. I typed in N3,000 and the money was instantly debited from my account but up till this very moment while you are reading this, i am yet to get the airtime on my phone. I waited till 12 midnight, 1 am, 2am...dozed off...woke up with a flash by 5am to see if my phone was recharged but didn't see any message from GTB or Etisalat...checked my account balance just to be sure but my airtime was N0.70k!

I had to go to their facebook page to complain since i did not want to burn airtime again but on opening their facebook page, i saw numerous complaints and complaints. That was when i knew that something was wrong. Is the once admired GTB performance decline as a result of the death of their former MD or is it a case of irresponsibility and mismanagement? If they had merged with any bank during the recapitalization era, I would have said that it could be the reason for this change in their mode of operation. Right now, i am thinking of moving to another bank but don't even know whether i may jump from frying pan to fire. It's so unfortunate that there are no laws or punitive measures from the govt to checkmate this kind of discrepancy from financial and private institutions like our inefficient network providers and banks like these.

Below are screenshots i got from facebook from other customers who were lamenting! One of them even had her money swiped off from her account after she had given one of the Customer Care Reps her details in an Online Chat on their Website shocked shocked and the Facebook Administrator's replies are just consistent and annoying angry

GTB...Guarantee Trust Trouble Bank

Bros abi na Babe, na only you get all this wahala for GTB.

But wait ooo. Why did you request fro online banking when you actually had no plan to make use of it. You obviously got it back when you do maybe because it sounded cool to you. Well that is beside the point.

Like you I have been banking with GTB for some time now. While I do admit that their services are not exactly as top-notch as it used to be, I do no think they are as bad as you paint them.

I use GTB's online service and I rely on them heavily. I make a lot of transfers, transactions, purchases and international receipts through GTB's online service and they have never failed me. Not once. Infact I prefer doing the online thingy than going to the bank.

However I have noticed something. You rarely get much help from a GTB female staff. So usually when I call Customer Care and its a female voice I hear I usually drop the call and redial again until I get a male voice. The Guys seem more adept at handling the techie stuffs as against the female counterparts who are absolutely clueless.

That said, there are a few precautions I take. Airtime recharge through your banks portal is a VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA. Its not just GTB, Ive noticed it in virtually all Banks I use. FirstBank used to be fantastic but ever since they phased out their maiden FirstMonie application, its has been total BS. If ever you need to do airtime recharge online, please use Interswitch. If you cant use interswitch then go outside your house and buy it on the streets.

I am not aware that you can no longer do Western Union over the counter. That kinda defeats the whole purpose of Western Union.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by InvertedHammer: 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
justi4jesu:

Pls inform me so we can share the taxi fare to the bank..they have caused me countless heart attacks.

Now am even confused as no one for the past 1week can withdraw with their firstbank Atm here in dubai and when you call their whack customer service they act like they were just employed and know nothing about what you are saying.

Worst bank Ever. undecided

/
On many occasions, I had called Firstcontact and DiasporaBanking for some issues. I finally decided that I will never call them again.

I might as well be talking to Elementary school pupils. And when they'd finished blabbing, they end with that "sorry for inconvenience" apology that makes me want to pop off. It will be far easier for a prostitute to go to heaven than for a First Bank customer rep to correctly answer a simple banking question.

No serious business person should be dealing with First Bank. It should be reserved for retirees. I have given up on them already.
\

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Drabrah(m): 12:01am On Sep 08, 2014
mastercee: well! I'm not saying you are lying oooo but the thing is I've never had this kind of issue with GTB most especially the online platform.

I receive money form other accounts without problem, send money to any account without any fuss, recharge my mobile line at anytime of the day. I guess you just had a bad day
ditto.
gat acct in @least 4 different banks & gat online banking in 2. Still prefer my gtb cos I've always done my transactions hassle free .

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Drabrah(m): 12:07am On Sep 08, 2014
That said, there are a few precautions I take. Airtime recharge through your banks portal is a VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA. Its not just GTB, Ive noticed it in virtually all Banks I use. FirstBank used to be fantastic but ever since they phased out their maiden FirstMonie application, its has been total BS. If ever you need to do airtime recharge online, please use Interswitch. If you cant use interswitch then go outside your house and buy it on the streets.

I am not aware that you can no longer do Western Union over the counter. That kinda defeats the whole purpose of Western Union.

[/quote]
well, 4 me, the reverse is d case. Neva issue wt bank recharge (via sms tho) bt I've gat issues a couple of times on atm recharge dat I gat stat writing epistles 2 get it reversed. In fact, jst had another episode of such y'day wc, luckily, was auto's versed.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sunnysunny(m): 12:13am On Sep 08, 2014
mastercee: well! I'm not saying you are lying oooo but the thing is I've never had this kind of issue with GTB most especially the online platform.

I receive money form other accounts without problem, send money to any account without any fuss, recharge my mobile line at anytime of the day. I guess you just had a bad day
I was trying to transfer money from my gtb to zenith on internet banking.. After entering all necessary stuff. It ask me for a secret answer. Pls where do I get that?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by abidemidare: 12:32am On Sep 08, 2014
FCMB Internet banking is one of the best. Am using their visa and master cards. thier mobile Internet banking is superb, transferring money immediately or buying airtime. I prefer using FCMB than Gtbank.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by delors(m): 12:59am On Sep 08, 2014
Well, I had no time to read your loing epistle but the first few lines point to the fact that your write up is more of a criticism than not.

I can authoritatively say that GTbank's internet banking system rivals any in the world. Most especially their phone banking...Chisos! There is nothing simpler and easier than this system. I compare the system with TD Bank's and Nova Scotia Banks' in Canada (Google them abeg) and GTbank's system is super easy and straight forward. I send money to any one in Nigeria via my Gtbank on my phone anytime with absolute ease, like never before.

I used to send money to my friends via Western Union then one day, my friends said they were asked to open a current account before they could receive the money. they were furious. Nobody wanted to go though the stress of opening a current account, etc. Later they were told to start operating internet banking before they could receive WU, they went mad again. Lesson: Nigerians do not want to take steps to make things easier for themselves. They just want to be spoon-fed! Daz all!

Now, i can easily send money from my GTBank to anywhere in the world with absolute ease using my internet banking services. I can even send WU from abroad to myself (e.g from myself in Canada to myself in Nigeria, and easily cash it online and deposit in my GTbank....everything online within 20mins)! Bingo! What could be easier!!!!

If they want you to open a current account, open it. If they want you to operate internet banking, do it! It is for your own benefit, trust me on that!

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bosteps: 12:59am On Sep 08, 2014
favouredvivy: Ever tried wemamobile, it's easy, fast and very secured. The beneficiary gets credited immediately.

Does wemabank still exist? shocked
favouredvivy: Ever tried wemamobile, it's easy, fast and very secured. The beneficiary gets credited immediately.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bosteps: 1:12am On Sep 08, 2014

Does wemabank still exist? shocked

Definitely my worst investment decision. No longer bother to check their share price -virtually no activity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC / Kennedy Okonkwo Celebrates 12th Wedding Anniversary - Pictures / My Experience In The Bank Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.