Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT (2241 Views)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Convert Recharge Card To Money. And Also Convert Money To Airtime Here / Convert Recharge Cards To Cash And Make Withdrawals From Any Atm Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by ojsmscom(m): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dear fellow nairalander,i will like everybody to comment positively on this...............
as we all know,recharge card is the only form of money that could be easily accessed by both the rich and poor,learned and unlearned,so if the central bank of this country can instruct the commercial banks in Nigeria to liaise with the mobile service provider so as to create a platform that can enable the conversion of recharge cards into bank account....

this will go a long way to promote small scale business,because many people today whom for one reason or the other can hardly go to banks will find it difficult to make little purchase/services of items online which ordinarily would have encourage sellers of the item/service in question..
please your opinions and positive suggestions to this tread will go a long way in helping some small scale business owners in Nigeria....
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Brilliant idea, I wish you had the technical know how to make it a reality.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by ojsmscom(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
blink182: Brilliant idea, I wish you had the technical know how to make it a reality.
AM WORKING TOWARDS ITS ACTUALIZATION IF ONLY I CAN GET MY REQUIRED SUPPORT
I DONT MEAN FINANCIAL SUPPORT BUT KNOWLEDGE CONTRIBUTIONS
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
ojsmscom:
AM WORKING TOWARDS ITS ACTUALIZATION IF ONLY I CAN GET MY REQUIRED SUPPORT
I DONT MEAN FINANCIAL SUPPORT BUT KNOWLEDGE CONTRIBUTIONS
If the ideas come, can you source for funds?
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by bigtt76(f): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Not practicable because the face value of the recharge cards not the same as the actual value. A lot of discounts, taxes are involved meaning the network operators would incurr loses doing this.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by ojsmscom(m): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
bigtt76: Not practicable because the face value of the recharge cards not the same as the actual value. A lot of discounts, taxes are involved meaning the network operators would incurr loses doing this.
A LITTLE DEDUCTION FROM THE ACTUAL VALUE MAY BE ACCEPTED FOR THE PRACTICABILITY/REALIZATION OF THIS ASPIRATION
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by arbitrage: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
I believe this idea is already at work and being used across Nigeria and Africa strictly between Telcom companies and short code business users. Or what do you think the short code service is all about when you receive those Telco-supported spams, telling you to text YES or NO to 33012 or 33000 or such like, saying each text cost N50 or N100 per sms? Where do you think win this, win that or text to vote your favourite of Project Fame or Big Brother or Glo Sings or Malta Dance, et cetera, is getting those winning prices? From their business profits? It's your money as you keep sending text messages daily/weekly in millions of populations across countries, the total bounties will make up the winning prize plus big funding from advertising supporters/companies. Then the organizers will have something to share with the Telcos. They are not going to share your N50/N100 airtime. It is money. Only the know-how is not made available to all phone users.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
bigtt76: Not practicable because the face value of the recharge cards not the same as the actual value. A lot of discounts, taxes are involved meaning the network operators would incurr loses doing this.
What are you talking about, what is our business with the telcos? We buy our cards and load even transfer with the channels already available. What this business does is to convert airtime to cash. The business charges 2% of whatever amount is to be converted. So every million naira brings in a profit of twenty thousand naira. The problem now is what happens to the returned airtime? The higher the amount converted the higher refunds networks have to deal with. If this issue can be solved then we can get somewhere with this.

After thinking, I believe the way out is to create an outlet to sell airtime on a large scale. The CBN or any big financial system is not needed. The charges have to go up to 5% and the profit is not made at exchange of air time for money point but when the airtime is sold at face value. This is just one suggestion.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by Danyl(m): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
nice one....
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by samseen02(m): 12:29am On Sep 06, 2014
brilliant idea! If this can work then it will go a long way making transaction easier bt issue with network will be a problem unless its been resolved.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by bigtt76(f): 3:09am On Sep 06, 2014
Your business with the telecos will how to detect valid recharge cards from used ones, separate the cards into different networks.

Reselling would also pose an issue as these cards also expire after the lapse their shelf life.

I know back then, recharge cards were the easiest mode of transfer for cash based transaction needs but then it was more effective because of the numerous call centers around then ready to buy the sent cards for less the face value. These days with almost every payment platform having recharge card vending system, it would be difficult dispensing your stock.

Guy abeg think other solutions joooor sad

blink182: What are you talking about, what is our business with the telcos? We buy our cards and load even transfer with the channels already available. What this business does is to convert airtime to cash. The business charges 2% of whatever amount is to be converted. So every million naira brings in a profit of twenty thousand naira. The problem now is what happens to the returned airtime? The higher the amount converted the higher refunds networks have to deal with. If this issue can be solved then we can get somewhere with this.

After thinking, I believe the way out is to create an outlet to sell airtime on a large scale. The CBN or any big financial system is not needed. The charges have to go up to 5% and the profit is not made at exchange of air time for money point but when the airtime is sold at face value. This is just one suggestion.

Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by suolboy(m): 3:43am On Sep 06, 2014
I think what I understand here is, since we can recharge our phones through ATM of our bank accounts, we should be able to deposit to our bank accounts from the airtime of our phones. We need a reversed order of what is already in existence if am right Op.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by ojsmscom(m): 5:45am On Sep 06, 2014
suolboy: I think what I understand here is, since we can recharge our phones through ATM of our bank accounts, we should be able to deposit to our bank accounts from the airtime of our phones. We need a reversed order of what is already in existence if am right Op.
my dear,you have the holistical understanding of the entire issue.take for instance dat u want to recharge 500naira airtime from atm to ur phone and you mistakenly added N5,000, this system if enabled can finally enable you transfer back the excess N4,500 to ur bank account without lost of value.

1 Like

Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2014
bigtt76: Your business with the telecos will how to detect valid recharge cards from used ones, separate the cards into different networks.

Reselling would also pose an issue as these cards also expire after the lapse their shelf life.

I know back then, recharge cards were the easiest mode of transfer for cash based transaction needs but then it was more effective because of the numerous call centers around then ready to buy the sent cards for less the face value. These days with almost every payment platform having recharge card vending system, it would be difficult dispensing your stock.

Guy abeg think other solutions joooor sad

I see you are bent on killing this idea and your mind is closed to assimilating anything on the good side.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by suolboy(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2014
ojsmscom:
my dear,you have the holistical understanding of the entire issue.take for instance dat u want to recharge 500naira airtime from atm to ur phone and you mistakenly added N5,000, this system if enabled can finally enable you transfer back the excess N4,500 to ur bank account without lost of value.
Then it is very possible. The programmers that did the program on recharge of phone via ATM can and should also do a program on crediting ur account from u phone airtime. It's a simple thing, only the will is not there.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by bigtt76(f): 10:01am On Sep 06, 2014
Not so my dear. I work with a payment gateway and we had explored all this options way back and came out with the pros and cons which gave rise to the mobile money ish you have on the market now.

Its just going to be difficult except everyone is ready to bear the hidden loss -network operatirs, subscribers etc.

Goodluck to you guys though. Let me not be your showstopper.

blink182: I see you are bent on killing this idea and your mind is closed to assimilating anything on the good side.
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2014
bigtt76: Not so my dear. I work with a payment gateway and we had explored all this options way back and came out with the pros and cons which gave rise to the mobile money ish you have on the market now.

Its just going to be difficult except everyone is ready to bear the hidden loss -network operatirs, subscribers etc.

Goodluck to you guys though. Let me not be your showstopper.

this is what I wanted to hear from you. That you are truly knowledgeable in the field and were not just talking sentimentally
Re: CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT by bigtt76(f): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
grin

blink182: this is what I wanted to hear from you. That you are truly knowledgeable in the field and were not just talking sentimentally

(1) (Reply)

A Good Business Idea One Can Start For Say N1.5 To N2.5 / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Is Restaurant Business Profitable In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.