Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Stubborn BIOS Password - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Stubborn BIOS Password (1196 Views)

Unlock Your "Stubborn" Huawei E173 (airtel Nigeria Modem) / Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stubborn BIOS Password by Pr0ton: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
This has been a burden for me for over 2yrs now. I just abandon the laptop at home till I see any hope of recovery.

I've forgotten the BIOS password, so I can't gain access into the laptop. I've heard of the CMOS battery stuff, but it's useless to me since my laptop, dell inspiron 1100, has no CMOS battery.

I've tried the backdoor password and the ones from password generator, yet none worked.

Well, I don't wanna call Dell, and I'm not willing to change the motherboard.

Someone told me that If I change the hard disk (or mayb hard drive) the BIOS password would get erased. Please how true is this?

Or any other help? Thanks.
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by mbanny: 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
get the expact on it ....i can be done.....
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Pr0ton: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
mbanny: get the expact on it ....i can be done.....

I don't get you
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Tolzeal(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pr0ton: This has been a burden for me for over 2yrs now. I just abandon the laptop at home till I see any hope of recovery.

I've forgotten the BIOS password, so I can't gain access into the laptop. I've heard of the CMOS battery stuff, but it's useless to me since my laptop, dell inspiron 1100, has no CMOS battery.

I've tried the backdoor password and the ones from password generator, yet none worked.

Someone told me that If I change the hard disk (or mayb hard drive) the BIOS password would get erased. Please how true is this?

Apologies in advance if I'm incorrect but I don't believe that Dell will help you unless the laptop is under warranty. The CMOS battery on the Inspiron 1100 series is soldered to the motherboard and has no individual product number, if you call Dell they'll advise swapping out the motherboard (Which they'll do if it's under warranty), there's no way they can reset your BIOS password remotely.Also BIOS passwords aren't stored on your HDD soreplacing/removing it would do nothing.Replacing the motherboard isn't financially viable for a laptop such as yours, replacing it would cost around as much as buying a new laptop. The only fix I can recommend would be to unsolder the cmos battery and solder a replacement in. Please don't try this if your laptop is under warranty as it would obviously void said warranty.Apologies for being the harbinger of bad news, if you have any problems please let me know.
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Pr0ton: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks very much Tolzeal. I really appreciate your response.

The laptop is no longer under warranty, so I don't bother calling Dell. And do you mean I'll replace the current cmos by buying another cmos? If so, how much is a new cmos battery? Thanks
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Tolzeal(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pr0ton: Thanks very much Tolzeal. I really appreciate your response.

The laptop is no longer under warranty, so I don't bother calling Dell. And do you mean I'll replace the current cmos by buying another cmos? If so, how much is a new cmos battery? Thanks

Before Doing that.... Try Reset With password Jumper.
It might Work : http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/52016/EN
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Pr0ton: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tolzeal:

Before Doing that.... Try Reset With password Jumper.
It might Work : http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/52016/EN

The site isn't working
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Tolzeal(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pr0ton:

The site isn't working

Google That Link

or Search : password reset jumper
and go for first Dell link..
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by Pr0ton: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Tolzeal:

Google That Link

or Search : password reset jumper
and go for first Dell link..

Ok, thanks.
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by alasco1(m): 11:25am On Sep 10, 2014
call dis number 08165495555
Re: Stubborn BIOS Password by dioss: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pr0ton: This has been a burden for me for over 2yrs now. I just abandon the laptop at home till I see any hope of recovery.

I can help you unlock the bios password. Just call me on 08036409952 or add me on whatsapp lets do justice to the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Laptop For Downloading Business / Discount Sale On Iview Laptop Pc At Micostar Mall / Clean Hp Laptops N Dell With Nvidia Graphics Cheap!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.