Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet (631 Views)

The Three Most Important Aspects of Digital Marketing / "I Think Alot About Blogging" A Hindrance To My Education. / 10 Bitter Truths About Blogging That You Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by Jossyluv75(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BLOGGING.

I am just a week and some days old in blogging and this is my first official Article on my blog page.

I am Jossy Joseph by name and out of experience, i want to share with my fellow bloggers; 5 important tips we need to know about blogging.

1. Blogging is more than just creating a blog site, posting or uploading on your blog page or even purchasing a domain name.

2. Blogging is all about driving Traffic.

3. Blogging is all about uniqueness and originality and not just copying and pasting from other blogs.

4. Blogging is all about devotion and sacrifices.

5. Blogging is all about passion, enthusiaism, patience, love, faith, zeal, hardwork and fighting.

I know the word "fighting" is kindof contradicting things for you now, got you there right??

Just follow me as i expain in details.
I am a big fan of bloggers, i spend time daily reading Articles from blogging sites. Before i started blogging, i had the impression that blogging is all about posting and writting Articles and people then visit your blog site to read your posts and Articles and if they like it, they drop a comment before leaving.

Do You think that the idea i had back then about blogging was right?? What is your own definition of blogging??

Now after reading and knowing what blogging really is, i then refered back and tagged the definition i was used to as a "definition or idea from an inexperienced or rather an illetrate blogger".
I am glad and bold today because i now have an idea of what blogging really is. Today i can stand anywhere and speak as a litrate blogger, all credit to Almighty God for the Grace He has bestowed upon me. I am indeed thankful and will forever remain greatful to God.

One thing that keeps blogging going is traffic. In my own words, i see "traffic as the centre of attraction of any blog site".
These are my reasons;
- No investor will have interest in a site with no traffic.
- No organisation would want to promote or advertise its product in a blog site with no traffic
- Sometimes visitors feel reluntant to comment in a blog page when there is no traffic because a blog site without traffic is like an empty room.
- No matter how good you are in writting Articles, your works look like waste without nobody appreciating your good works.
- When there is traffic, visitors are curious to know whats popping and interesting in your blog that has resulted to the huge traffic.
- The traffic in your blog site attracts those (internet user's) that where just passing-by to your blog page.
So now i believe you now know the reason why i said that traffic is the centre of attraction for every blog site.
Driving traffic to your blog page is like driving through a narrow and rough road. It takes time to get to your destination all you need to do is to be focused.
You can only get to your destination if you are patience, passionate, if you have faith, if you are determined and so on but note that you must be strong and hard working. Remember that the road is rough so be prepared to make sacrifices but always put this at the back of your mind "hardwork pays".

When you finally get to the top, you need to fight to remain there because there are millions of bloggers that are also interested and working hard to get to the top. So now you know why i said "blogging is all about fighting".

To be a successful blogger and to remain at the top, you need to be an original and unique Author.
My reasons are clear and simple; most bloggers try to be original and unique by copying from another blog and editing the the post with their own words before publishing on their site.
Note this; at the course of editing a post, if not properly checked before publishing, you might contradict some things in the post and through that means make it difficult for your readers to get the main details and story out of your post and through that means, they get and circulate wrong informations.
What visitors need from a blog Author is originality. I bet when you are original and unique, you will get your visitors glued to your blog site.

I will drop my pen here with this food for taught, "out of every NON-SENSE and UNREASONABLE statement that is been made, there is always a SENSE and a REASONABLE word in it"

To be a successful blogger, you must always read wide.

Note this; an information is been made up from every little data that has been gathered, so pick up every raw data you come across while reading and restructure them to make up an information.

Thanks for reading.
Via www.naijatweet.blog.com
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by Sethuncahier(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
#Blogging is all about #Writing. That's the key. Without that,you've got it all wrong.
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by Jossyluv75(m): 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sethuncahier: #Blogging is all about #Writing. That's the key. Without that,you've got it all wrong.
eah i said that but maybe because i did not include the word "writting".
Take note of this; "blogging is not all about copying and posting, its all about uniqueness and originality". so to be a unique blogger, you must first become an original writter with you own words.
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by VanessaOsuka(f): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
Well said there, Joseph. In addition too, blogging is about making a difference with your words. I've been blogging for some time now and I've come to realize.

If you must keep your readers tuned to your blog, there must be something of value that keeps them hungry for more.

Blogging is about adding value.

You've got a nice blog by the way. Good to meet you. I'm Vanessa, a blogger too.
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by Jossyluv75(m): 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
VanessaOsuka: Well said there, Joseph. In addition too, blogging is about making a difference with your words. I've been blogging for some time now and I've come to realize.

If you must keep your readers tuned to your blog, there must be something of value that keeps them hungry for more.

Blogging is about adding value.

You've got a nice blog by the way. Good to meet you. I'm Vanessa, a blogger too.

Thanks Vanny for your contribution and complement. I visited your blog also and i liked what i saw there. I followed you on twitter already and i will love us to talk more. Welcome to my world dear
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by Sethuncahier(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Jossyluv75:
eah i said that but maybe because i did not include the word "writting".
Take note of this; "blogging is not all about copying and posting, its all about uniqueness and originality". so to be a unique blogger, you must first become an original writter with you own words.
Sure I'm not disputing that, I just like to quote a popular blogger AdrienneSmith "Blogging is Writing, Writing is Blogging" too. I give credit to your explanations on blogging,at least to some people who thinks its all about copy and paste,especially the Celebrity News blogs. Yeah! Even the news are the same but you have to bring about a unique style that will quite different from others. Then you stand out!
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging. Via Naija Tweet by Jossyluv75(m): 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sethuncahier: Sure I'm not disputing that, I just like to quote a popular blogger AdrienneSmith "Blogging is Writing, Writing is Blogging" too. I give credit to your explanations on blogging,at least to some people who thinks its all about copy and paste,especially the Celebrity News blogs. Yeah! Even the news are the same but you have to bring about a unique style that will quite different from others. Then you stand out!
okay! thankx man 4 ur contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Free Website Hosting / 5000 Verified Nigerian Phone Number For Just $5 / I Need A Website Developer To Do A Blog(wordpress)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.