Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

My 5-year-old's Hard Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 5-year-old's Hard Question (1745 Views)

Iowa Pastor Convicted Of Sexually Abusing A 5-year-old / Girl Kidnapped At RCCG Redemption Camp; 5-year- Old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile / 5 Year Old Prays An Unforgettable Prayer At The Potter's House -bishop Td Jakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 5-year-old's Hard Question by rastamouse: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
I was speaking to my little boy about JESUS yesterday. Out of the blue, my son asked me 'Dad, who is GOD?'

Without wasting time, I told him 'HE is JUSUS father.'

At that, my 5-year-old boy asked me 'then who is Joseph?

There was something about the tone he used to ask me that question. I tried to change the topic but he kept bringing it up. I told him I will answer on Sunday. I have thought hard enough but can't explain Joseph's role to him.

What do you think?
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by alabiyemmy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Tell him we all have two fathers - earthly and heavenly/spiritual

1 Like

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by rastamouse: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
alabiyemmy: Tell him we all have two fathers - earthly and heavenly/spiritual

That simple answer will minimize the original teaching I gave him about JESUS. I told him JESUS is the only son of GOD.

My boy is very smart and will catch me on that
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by tobillionaire(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse:

That simple answer will minimize the original teaching I gave him about JESUS. I told him JESUS is the only son of GOD.

den tell him joseph is marys helper or concubine grin
rastamouse:

den tell him joseph is marys helper or concubine
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
The question is isn't a difficult one neither is the answer elusive. It stares you right in the face but the fear of blasphemy cripples the mind of feeble men. Jesus was a bastard on earth. He wasn't of Joseph's seed and never had a earthly father. Joseph was a poor illiterate carpenter deceived by a young promiscuous woman.
Take the young kid to the tree of knowledge like my Father did yearss back. For while Yhwh and Jesus conspire to catch kids young, the kingdom of Lucifer calls them to freedom and knowledge. Be wise like the serpent, tell the kid the truth.

2 Likes

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by rastamouse: 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
sonOfLucifer: The question is isn't a difficult one neither is the answer elusive. It stares you right in the face but the fear of blasphemy cripples the mind of feeble men. Jesus was a bastard on earth. He wasn't of Joseph's seed and never had a earthly father. Joseph was a poor illiterate carpenter deceived by a young promiscuous woman.
Take the young kid to the tree of knowledge like my Father did yearss back. For while Yhwh and Jesus conspire to catch kids young, the kingdom of Lucifer calls them to freedom and knowledge. Be wise like the serpent, tell the kid the truth.

Get behind me satan!
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
alabiyemmy: Tell him we all have two fathers - earthly and heavenly/spiritual
And virgin mothers too.

4 Likes

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
musKeeto:
And virgin mothers too.
cheesy
grin
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by olaeffect(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse:

Get behind me satan!

why binding Satan now? you didn't bind him when your five year old child was asking satanic questions abi?

what will you tell your five year old child if he ask you how babies are made? be sincere ooo. you better allow that your child to attend Sunday school in a bible believing Church to build faith in him before the devil sow seed of heresy in him.

1 Like

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by finofaya: 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
Tell him what you tell yourself, and ask him to take your answer on faith.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think your story is not true.

1 Like

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by rastamouse: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
striktlymi: I think your story is not true.

Why would I lie?
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse:

Why would I lie?

You tell me.

2 Likes

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by honeychild(f): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
@OP
What's so hard in explaining that Joseph was Mary's husband? He adopted Jesus and agreed to take care of him as his father on earth because Jesus father is in heaven?
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by honeychild(f): 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
musKeeto:
And virgin mothers too.

If a virgin agrees to be a surrogate mom and you artificially inseminate her, will she get pregnant?
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by shaneroberts26: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
God is NOTHING.
Man is NOTHING.
God is Man.
Man is God.
Op,didnt Jesus tell you and your fake men of 'God' this in John 10:34?
Why are you people rich Religiously yet so Spiritually POOR?
Believers indeed.
Jesus is not a son of any God.He achieved self-realisation.
He was a God-man just like Buddha and Krishna.
Moreover,he was a BLACK MAN.The Whitemen will never tell u this.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by mployer(m): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse:

You taught him the wrong thing.

How Will You answer the day He asks why we call Our selves children of God if Jesus Is the only son of God.

Jesus Is the only BEGOTTEN son of God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and not by any biological means.

Now your son Is too Young to comprehend that. Let him know and postpone the class till he Is of age smiley
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by rastamouse: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
mployer:

You thought him the wrong thing.

How Will You answer the day He asks why we call Our selves children of God if Jesus Is the only son of God.

You have a great point. How do I correct myself on that?
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by mployer(m): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse:

You have a great point. How do I correct myself on that?

I already edited the post, the answer Is There now.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
honeychild:

If a virgin agrees to be a surrogate mom and you artificially inseminate her, will she get pregnant?

Science for Mary.

1 Like

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by mployer(m): 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
musKeeto:
Science for Mary.

Nope.

She was conceived by the Holy spirit. No material medium was required smiley
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
mployer:
She was conceived by the Holy spirit. No material medium was required smiley
The Messiah was prophesied to come from the seed of David.
[img]For the Scriptures clearly state that the Messiah will be born of the royal line of David, in Bethlehem, the village where King David was born."[/img]
Mary wasn't from David's line. Joseph was. Maybe, the Holy Spirit could have made Joseph pregnant just to fulfill scripture.

3 Likes

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by mployer(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
musKeeto:
The Messiah was prophesied to come from the seed of David.
[img]For the Scriptures clearly state that the Messiah will be born of the royal line of David, in Bethlehem, the village where King David was born."[/img]
Mary wasn't from David's line. Joseph was. Maybe, the Holy Spirit could have made Joseph pregnant just to fulfill scripture.

In the Jewish tradition You don't necessarily need to be a childs biological father to be recognised as the earthly father. Even Igbos have such tradition today.

Joseph Is the recognised earthly father of Jesus by tradition but he has no biological link with Him.

God did it that way to conceal the real identity of christ until the time Is right

There Is no where Jesus recognised Joseph as His father when He was of age
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by alexleo(m): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse: I was speaking to my little boy about JESUS yesterday. Out of the blue, my son asked me 'Dad, who is GOD?'

Without wasting time, I told him 'HE is JUSUS father.'

At that, my 5-year-old boy asked me 'then who is Joseph?

There was something about the tone he used to ask me that question. I tried to change the topic but he kept bringing it up. I told him I will answer on Sunday. I have thought hard enough but can't explain Joseph's role to him.

What do you think?

You ve not told your son the redemption story. You are still running around. Children learn more from stories than just giving them a phrase.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2014

2 Likes

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by malvisguy212: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
rastamouse:

that jesus is the begotten son of God and that through Him[jesus] we will be adopted sons of God. You only need to BELIEVE IN HIM.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
mployer:
In the Jewish tradition You don't necessarily need to be a childs biological father to be recognised as the earthly father. Even Igbos have such tradition today.
You agree Jesus wasn't a seed from the line of David?

mployer:
Joseph Is the recognised earthly father of Jesus by tradition but he has no biological link with Him.
Earthly guardian would be more apt.

mployer:
God did it that way to conceal the real identity of christ until the time Is right
And God told you this where and when?

mployer:
There Is no where Jesus recognised Joseph as His father when He was of age
Of course, that would have been one lie too many.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 07, 2014
malvisguy212: that jesus is the begotten son of God and that through Him[jesus] we will be adopted sons of God. You only need to BELIEVE IN HIM.
Why is belief important?

1 Like

Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by malvisguy212: 5:52am On Sep 07, 2014
musKeeto:
Why is belief important?
you love your wife and she love you to,how would you make her know that you love her? Very simple, by BELIEVING IN HER, if you put your trust on her and you BELIEVE that that she will never lied to you,nothin can sepperate ur bound with her.you need a sincere heart for your wife to believe in you.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
rastamouse:

Get behind me satan!
Lucifer will never force you to knowledge. Remain ignorant.
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by honeychild(f): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
musKeeto:
Science for Mary.

A miracle is actually God manipulating physical laws in ways humans have not yet come to understand. Today human doctors have replicated God's miracle of giving an 80 year old woman a child through ivf. I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) about how scientists have been able to pull water apart using very powerful magnets. They called it the "Moses effect".
Re: My 5-year-old's Hard Question by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
You could have answered your kid that Joseph is Mary's fiance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? / Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... / Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.