Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing (1719 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Why Accuse Catholics Of Idolatory , When Non-catholics Are Doing This? / The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by MartialArt2(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
1. “Catholics worship statues.”
This stereotype is painful to hear. Not only is this
completely false, but it is ludicrous. Despite the fact
that there are 801 millions Protestants world-wide,
according to the Pew Research Center, my rant will
be geared towards our brothers and sisters in the
United States. In this country, approximately 51.5%
of people are Protestant Christians. Realistically,
most of these families have pictures in their home,
which is completely normal, right? Right. They have
pictures of their loved ones, both living and
deceased. Is it not hypocritical then to say that
Catholics are idol worshipers, when these families
have portraits of their loved ones on the walls? If
these Protestant families can have pictures of Uncle
Bernie and Mawmaw hanging on the wall, then
most certainly the Church can present pictures of
our beloved Jesus, his disciples, and the saints.
2. “Catholics pray to Mary instead of God.”
This is a very common misconception throughout
the Protestant community, and while I can
understand why it is, I am also disheartened that
many jump to such a harsh conclusion of the
Catholic faith. We don’t pray to Mary, we ask her to
pray for us, just as a Protestant asks their deceased
grandparent/parent to watch over them.
3. “The saints can’t hear your prayers, because
they are dead.”
I beg to differ. Since when is anyone who is in
Heaven considered dead? We call it the afterLIFE for
a reason. In fact, there is biblical proof that the
saints can hear our prays:
-Revelation 5:8 “And when he had taken it, the four
living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell
down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and
they were holding golden bowls full of incense,
which are the prayers of God’s people.”
-Revelation 8:3-4 “Another angel, who had a golden
censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given
much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s
people, on the golden altar in front of the throne.
The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers
of God’s people, went up before God from the
angel’s hand.”
4. “Mother Mary isn’t important; she’s just like
anyone else.”
If our Blessed Mother isn’t important, then every
female would have had an immaculate conception.
For this reason, that is why the declarative
statement above doesn’t make sense. Of course
Mother Mary is important, she gave birth to our
Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. What is so amazing
about the Catholic faith is the fact that we recognize
the importance of Mary, and we honor her
accordingly. She is a role model and saint for all
Christians to look up to, because she submitted to
God completely. Until the day another woman gives
birth to Jesus, no one will ever be just like Mary.
She is a very special, holy woman.
5. “Catholics made up all their rules.”
Every single tradition we have in the Catholic
Church, namely during Mass, has biblical roots. Not
to mention the fact that Jesus was the founder of
our Church. I don’t know about you, but Jesus
doesn’t make mistakes.
6. “God said to confess sins to Him, not a
priest.”
This one is a personal favorite of mine. Drum roll
please.
-James 5:16 “Therefore, confess your sins to one
another, and pray for one another so that you may
be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man
can accomplish much.”
It is true that we pray directly to God, and ask Him
to forgiveness, however for sins (mortal) we do as
Jesus commands and confess it to one another (our
priests). Jesus said this directly to his disciples, so
through Him, they were able to forgive sins. This
power passed down to every priest, and so on and
so forth. That felt good.
7. “Catholicism is a cult.”
Jesus Christ founded this Church more than 2,000
years ago, I would hardly call it a cult.
8. “Catholics aren’t Christians.”
The word Christian is associated with anyone who
follows Christ’s teachings, and since the Catholic
Church does just that then we are to be called
Christians. Not to mention Catholics were actually
the first Christians.
9. “Catholics added books to the Holy Bible.”
This one is so hilarious it hurts. For 300 years there
was no Bible, only random writings from the
prophets like St.Peter etc, until the Catholic monks
compiled and canonized what is now known today
as the Holy Bible. (That is until the Protestant
Reformation occurred, in which one man *Martin
Luther* removed 7 books). Ouch.
10. “Catholics believe you can pay your way into
Heaven.”
We definitely do not. That is a huge misconception
which occurred during the Protestant Reformation.
Despite the many stereotypes that hang over our
faith, the important thing to remember is our
Church has stood the test of time and remained for
more than 2,000 years. Whether you are Catholic or
Protestant– we are all followers of Christ, and He is
the ultimate goal.
“The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it,
let it loose, and it will defend itself.”
-St. Augustine of Hippo

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by anuma1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
Catholic Reigns Forever
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Lumiere91: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
Catholics posses the complete theological truth......others have 1 truth+20 falsities
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Speeechless3(f): 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
People get tired of hearing the truth.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Peritus(m): 12:04am On Mar 21, 2016
Bro MartialArt2, all these defences of yours to me are too porous. I reply as a Catholic who is committed to worshipping God in truth and in spirit. I won't tell you that the church is right or wrong in there practices, but ur argument I will challenge.
1. Talking about having pictures and portraits of loved one at homes, you shld ask yourself if they are for worship and veneration. The church attributes miraculous powers to the images used. Special prayers are offered to some of 'em. Remember that no one can prove that they are true semblance of what they represent as no one took pictures of those they represent. I believe u are aware of Exodus 20:4 where God maintained His position on images of any likeness for the purpose of worship. You should equally know that the snake sculpted by Moses was destroyed by Hezekiah when people started worshipping it. The question is: who is keeping people in check from worshipping these images? Are they right to be used?
2. You talked about not praying to Mary. It's either that u are oblivious of the fact or u don't want to admit. Go true the prayer to Our mother of perpetual help. The 2nd stanza says:
"O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke thy most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying. O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary, let thy name henceforth be ever on my lips. Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to help me whenever I call on thee, for, in all my needs, in all my temptations I shall never cease to call on thee, ever repeating thy sacred name, Mary, Mary."
So answer yourself. Whether it is right or not, let the Holy Spirit who is the minister of truth help us.
Her last statement in the Bible was " anything he tells u, do it". Are we doing as Christ commanded with respect to worship?
3. Talking about praying tru saints. hmmm, God help us. Do u think that the prayers carried by those heavenly beings were offered to them not God? I guess not. The issue is not praying thru them but praying to them. A certain saint is for lost items, another for healing the sick... you pray to them when u are in need of those. Go thru prayers to St. Anthony and St. Jude. Remember that the angel that gave John msg rebuked him when he wanted to bow to him.
5. Good friend, Catholic made some rules, yes. Some we're greatly influenced by traditions, and some no longer in force. Go back to history. Have u heard of the black Madonna? Do u know much about the doctrine of indulgence for both the living and the dead, forgiveness tru works of mercy and good deeds against grace only? The doctrine that forgiveness does not remove temporal punishment for sin or guilt. Indulgence does.
6. As per confession... answer this, did the apostles hear any confession? Confess to one another is different from confess to a certain person.

7. What do you have to say about papal infallibility? ...none of the apostles was seen to be infallible. Even Paul admitted his weakness and power of grace. He rebuked Peter when he played double standard too.
Gal 2:11
8. What do you have to say on individual accounts of apparitions, as you know that even the devil can disguise as the angel of light.
2Cor 11:14
Whether the church is right or not, I can't say, but I'm committed to worshipping God only in spirit and in truth as he commanded, using the Bible as my working tool. Thanks and may God's grace be on you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by analice107: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2016
Peritus:
Bro MartialArt2, all these defences of yours to me are too porous. I reply as a Catholic who is committed to worshipping God in truth and in spirit. I won't tell you that the church is right or wrong in there practices, but ur argument I will challenge.
1. Talking about having pictures and portraits of loved one at homes, you shld ask yourself if they are for worship and veneration. The church attributes miraculous powers to the images used. Special prayers are offered to some of 'em. Remember that no one can prove that they are true semblance of what they represent as no one took pictures of those they represent. I believe u are aware of Exodus 20:4 where God maintained His position on images of any likeness for the purpose of worship. You should equally know that the snake sculpted by Moses was destroyed by Hezekiah when people started worshipping it. The question is: who is keeping people in check from worshipping these images? Are they right to be used?
2. You talked about not praying to Mary. It's either that u are oblivious of the fact or u don't want to admit. Go true the prayer to Our mother of perpetual help. The 2nd stanza says:
"O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke thy most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying. O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary, let thy name henceforth be ever on my lips. Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to help me whenever I call on thee, for, in all my needs, in all my temptations I shall never cease to call on thee, ever repeating thy sacred name, Mary, Mary."
So answer yourself. Whether it is right or not, let the Holy Spirit who is the minister of truth help us.
Her last statement in the Bible was " anything he tells u, do it". Are we doing as Christ commanded with respect to worship?
3. Talking about praying tru saints. hmmm, God help us. Do u think that the prayers carried by those heavenly beings were offered to them not God? I guess not. The issue is not praying thru them but praying to them. A certain saint is for lost items, another for healing the sick... you pray to them when u are in need of those. Go thru prayers to St. Anthony and St. Jude. Remember that the angel that gave John msg rebuked him when he wanted to bow to him.
5. Good friend, Catholic made some rules, yes. Some we're greatly influenced by traditions, and some no longer in force. Go back to history. Have u heard of the black Madonna? Do u know much about the doctrine of indulgence for both the living and the dead, forgiveness tru works of mercy and good deeds against grace only? The doctrine that forgiveness does not remove temporal punishment for sin or guilt. Indulgence does.
6. As per confession... answer this, did the apostles hear any confession? Confess to one another is different from confess to a certain person.

7. What do you have to say about papal infallibility? ...none of the apostles was seen to be infallible. Even Paul admitted his weakness and power of grace. He rebuked Peter when he played double standard too.
Gal 2:11
8. What do you have to say on individual accounts of apparitions, as you know that even the devil can disguise as the angel of light.
2Cor 11:14
Whether the church is right or not, I can't say, but I'm committed to worshipping God only in spirit and in truth as he commanded, using the Bible as my working tool. Thanks and may God's grace be on you.
Thank you very much sir for answering him. The Catholics talk forgetting that most of us were born there, grew up there, practiced these things before now. It was just reading the Bible for one's self that brought about the questions which eventually led to us wanting to know more.

The first protestant, read the Bible, and sort to share what he read with others, persecution started till today.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by analice107: 10:05am On Mar 21, 2016
@Ops.
You should rather say, Catholics are tired of being told the truth. Look at the Image of Mary you posted very well. You'll see Mary larger than life, look down, you'll see a tiny image of what u Catholics believe is Jesus. Besides, when will you catholic bury your Jesus? Why is he still on the cross?

And pls do well to answer @Peritus, a Catholic too.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by MartialArt2(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Peritus! I believe that you are neither a Catholic nor a protestant, but an atheist, because you can't tell me that only Catholics keep Christ images in their places. You only claimed to be Catholic to deceive some gullible ones who don't know their stands in faith.
I know that, whatever reasons I or any other faithful Catholic will give, will never stop protestants like you from protesting.
People still make this ridiculous claim. Because Catholics have statues in their churches, goes the accusation, they are violating God’s commandment. It is right to warn people against the sin of idolatry
when they are committing it. But calling Catholics
idolaters because they have images of Christ and the saints is based on misunderstanding or ignorance of what the Bible says about the purpose and uses (both good and bad) of statues.
Representations of Christ, likenesses of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Saints, or others which may be sculptured, painted, or formed in any other way.
Images are never adored. The honor and veneration given them is referred to the
person they represent. Thus in praying before a
statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our prayers
actually are directed to Our Lady in Heaven, and
not to the inanimate likeness.
David gave Solomon the plan "for the altar of
incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that
spread their wings and covered the ark of the
covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the
writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all
the work to be done according to the plan" (1 Chr.
28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple, which the
biblical author tells us was "by the writing of the
hand of the Lord concerning it all," included statues
of angels.
During a plague of serpents sent to punish the
Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to
"make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a
pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it
shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set
it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would
look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8–9).
One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent
to be healed, which shows that statues could be used
ritually, not merely as religious decorations.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic
devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as
it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her
photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the
saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also
use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church
they were especially useful for the instruction of the
illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus
and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for
teaching children. Catholics also use statues to
commemorate certain people and events, much as
Protestant churches have three-dimensional nativity
scenes at Christmas.
If one measured Protestants by the same rule, then
by using these "graven" images, they would be
practicing the "idolatry" of which they accuse
Catholics. But there’s no idolatry going on in these
situations. God forbids the worship of images as
gods, but he doesn’t ban the making of images. If he
had, religious movies, videos, photographs,
paintings, and all similar things would be banned.
But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God
does not even forbid the ritual use of religious
images. It is when people begin to adore a statue as a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when
people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a
snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"wink, the
righteous king Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs.
18:4).

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by MartialArt2(m): 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sometimes anti-Catholics cite Deuteronomy 5:9,
where God said concerning idols, "You shall not bow down to them." Since many Catholics sometimes bow or kneel in front of statues of Jesus and the saints, anti-Catholics confuse the legitimate
veneration of a sacred image with the sin of idolatry. Though bowing can be used as a posture in worship, not all bowing is worship. Here in Nigeria some tribe like Yoruba show respect by kneeling and bowing completely or even lying in greeting (the equivalent of the Western handshake). Similarly, a person can kneel before a king without worshipping him as a god. In the same way, a Catholic who may kneel in front of a statue while praying isn’t worshipping the statue or even praying to it, any more than the Protestant who kneels with a Bible in his hands when praying is worshipping the Bible or praying to it.

Can anyone deny that protestants now adore their pastors and general overseers, even carry their pictures around like holy pictures, and no one said anything against because "scapegoat Catholic" is not involve in the act.

You talked about praying to Mary, YES we do, When we pray to her, we honor and venerate her
and ask her to pray for us and help us especially
at the hour when we are about to die. At death bed
if we pray sincerely to our Lord Jesus Christ for
the forgiveness of all the sins we have committed
in our whole life from the deepest recesses of our
heart, with the intercession of our Blessed
Mother, our ever loving and merciful God will
always listen and grant mercy and forgiveness.
As the Mother of God, the Virgin Mary has a
unique position among the saints, indeed, among
all creatures. She is exalted, yet still one of us.
Mary is the greatest intercessor of all next to her
son Jesus Christ who is our mediator between God
and us. Jesus, the mediator is the bridge between
Heaven and Earth, between God and Man and
Mary is next to her Son and showing us the way
through the bridge who is Jesus the mediator.
John 6:44 "No man can come to me, except the
Father, who hath sent me, draw him; and I will
raise him up in the last day. "
John 14:6 "Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and
the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the
Father, but by me."
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one
mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:"
Luke 8:21 "Who answering, said to them: My
mother and my brethren are they who hear the
word of God, and do it."
Ecclesiasticus 3:18 "Of what an evil fame is he
that forsaketh his father: and he is cursed of God
that angereth his mother."
Mary is venerated, honored and respected but
never worship as non-Catholics say otherwise. As
humans we do not condone anyone who
disrespects our own biological mother. Would
you allow? We respect in return those who give
respect to our own mother.
We pray for her for intercession and yes
Catholics honor and give her reverence more than
anything and anyone in thisworld for because of
her, God’s Plan of Salvation was consummated.
Without her there will be no Jesus Christ born of
the Virgin Mary. Without her son, Jesus Christ,
the Incarnate God, of all ofus would still be
wallowing and living in sin without any hope of
salvation.
Now that her son is now backed in heaven sitting
in the right hand side of the Father, all prayers
that Mary will intercede for all of us will be
heard and granted by her son, the Son of God.
This is so for accepting to be the Mother of Jesus
Christ our God.
But in spite of all these, anti-Catholics are still
insisting on their heresies and unbelief always
accusing Catholics of worshiping Mary like God
and brazen man-made idols.
The only logical reason is simply because they
have to show to the world that their Protestantism
(the state of being against the Catholic Church of
God) and hard-line anti-Catholicism stand is the
only way to heaven. Not only have they added
several false and un-biblical gospels and
teachings, they have removed the 7 books from
the original 73 books of the Old which is in
disobedience and defiance of the commandments
of God in book of the Apocalypse. So anyone who keep insisting that the Blessed Mary is being worship as God like graven idols are anti-Christ and shall take away themselves from the book of life and they will be judged as they judged others and according to their works. And whose name is not found in the book of life will be cast into the eternal fire. But blessed are those who believe and yet do not see for they shall be clothed in white garments for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Peritus(m): 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
My good frnd MartialArt2 I'm surprised that your response is on idolatry when all I did was asking questions that beg for answers with no mention of idolatry. I didn't even tell u that images were bad or good. I merely laid out facts. You cld strengthen my faith with good answers if one exists. You called me an atheist and a Protestant (they aint dsame, u shld have used one). However, I call you God's favourite child.
That you hold tenaciously to the doctrines cld mean u are a better Catholic, no contest. Do u remember where the Gospels of this Sunday & previous Sunday were taken from and the chapters/verses? This I can tell you in details because they are so important to me. If not swallowing everything from the church makes me a lesser Catholic or a Pentecostal, I humbly accept.
I accept that God commanded two winged creatures to be molded to indicate His presence then, and this was inline with the old medium of worship. But if you read Hebrews chapter 9, you will discover that Christ though did not annul the old law but he completely changed the mode of worship.
The first covenant had the tents (inner & outer), covenant box, animal sacrifice, cherubim and seraphim, two stone tablets, and ritual cleansing.
Christ replaced all with his death & resurrection, establishing a new covenant.
The cherubim and seraphim cannot by this be a veritable reason as u alluded, except we are moving back to the old system of worship. And I have settled the issue of sculpted serpent.
Don't misunderstand me, check the veracity of every word I typed and condemn me by them if found wrong. I yearn for your valid correction and teaching.
Do u know that you are meant to test every spirit even in the places of worship? 1Jhn 4:1 How do u test spirits? Which tool do we use in verifying falsehood? The answer is in 1Jhn 4:5&6. Be blessed.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by MartialArt2(m): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
Let's use the first miracle Christ performed at Cana as a case study, despite the fact that His hour isn't yet come to perform but still He did what His lovely Mother asked due to the Love and respect His has for His Mother. Now, the question I want to ask is, "why didn't they meet Christ and made their request since they have access to Him? but rather, they chose to covey their request through Mary" they believed that any request through Her MUST be granted.
Let's be realistic, Even you as a person will never sit and allow people to toy with your own mother. Now use it to know how Christ feels whenever people say nasty things about His own lovely Mother.
Brethren, I will not go more than this, but will drop some bible verses for perusal.
For Images, Num 21:4-9; Ex 25:17-22; Ex 27:20; Acts 19:11-12.
For Mary, Gen 3:15; Ezek 44:2; Mt 1:18-25; Lk 1:26-28,32-35,39-56; Lk 2:1-40; Jn 2:1-12; Gal 4:4.
For Intercession of the Saints, Tob 12:12; 2Mac 15:14; Jn 2:3-11; 1Tim 2:1-4; Rev 5:8; Rev 8:4.
For confession, Mt 16: 18-19; Mt 18:18; Lk 5:21-24; Jn 20:22-23; 2Cor 5:18
In conclusion, the message I have for everyone of us is that, this world is per head, on the day of judgment, nobody will stand for anyone, you will be there alone, on your own, so if I decided to worship Mary as people claimed, its non of any one's business, its my own decision and I will be judged for that (Read Mathew 7:1-5). I advice you to make your own decision today and stop being dependent.
Thanks.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by MartialArt2(m): 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
[/quote]

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Ubenedictus(m): 1:30am On Mar 22, 2016
10 LIES.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Amberon: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2016
Lol, Catholics now trying to justify idolatry and lots more.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by MartialArt2(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2016
Jesus I trust in You!
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by dayyan(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2016
if any xtian can tell me d verse n chapter in d bible where Jesus said " accept me as your personal lord n savior" , ( 2)d church dat Jesus went , and( 3)d xtian mode of worship as stipulated in d bible den I will join xtianity ryt away
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2016
As for number 2, your defense is still wrong. The only person that is supposed to be recognised as a channel between God and man is no other person than 'Jesus Christ' himself. Yes it's true that Mary was the mother of Jesus, she already has that honour but not the honour of being a channel between God and man. Jesus said this Himself and that's why we pray 'in the name of Jesus'. If you still insist, i'll like to see a biblical proof of your statement.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by ElCount: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
dayyan:
if any xtian can tell me d verse n chapter in d bible where Jesus said " accept me as your personal lord n savior" , ( 2)d church dat Jesus went , and( 3)d xtian mode of worship as stipulated in d bible den I will join xtianity ryt away
the answer u need is in John 14:6 "Jesus told him, I am the way the truth and the life. No one can come to the father except through me".
You want a verse/chapter with exactly those words, you won't get it and I stand to tell you what Christ told the Pharisees in
Mt 12:39-40 "But Jesus replied, only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah 40-For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."
Serving God is for your own good Exodus 23:25-26. Don't make it look like you re doing God a favor cos you are not. And if truly you desire to serve God, then you need to believe in Him first and have faith in Him
Heb 11:6 "And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him".

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by dayyan(m): 9:34am On Mar 31, 2016
ElCount:
the answer u need is in John 14:6 "Jesus told him, I am the way the truth and the life. No one can come to the father except through me".
You want a verse/chapter with exactly those words, you won't get it and I stand to tell you what Christ told the Pharisees in
Mt 12:39-40 "But Jesus replied, only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah 40-For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."
Serving God is for your own good Exodus 23:25-26. Don't make it look like you re doing God a favor cos you are not. And if truly you desire to serve God, then you need to believe in Him first and have faith in Him
Heb 11:6 "And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him".

bro
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2016
Beckino:
As for number 2, your defense is still wrong. The only person that is supposed to be recognised as a channel between God and man is no other person than 'Jesus Christ' himself. Yes it's true that Mary was the mother of Jesus, she already has that honour but not the honour of being a channel between God and man. Jesus said this Himself and that's why we pray 'in the name of Jesus'. If you still insist, i'll like to see a biblical proof of your statement.
do u knowww anyone wwho doesnt pray in Jesus name.
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ubenedictus:
do u knowww anyone wwho doesnt pray in Jesus name.
a Muslim
Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by proudofficial(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2016
To those who believe, no explanation is necessary. To those that do not believe, no explanation is possible and again, do not attack what you do not understand

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
I must talk sha...
am a Catholic.
but some things get on my nerves..

1- How are you sure that the pictures in printing and the image all over, are the face of Jesus and Mary.

- possible answer might be: maybe some people drew blah blah blah and kept records.
it's not fair, a lot of actors even Bruce Willis that acted the Passion of Christ' his pictures are widely used as Jesus.

2- even if maybe 1 out of the hundreds of pictures I have seen is Jesus.

what did God say in Exodus.

he mentioned, thou shalt not make an IMAGE of anything that is in HEAVEN... thou shalt not bow down or worship them.

thou shalt now bow down is one.
and thous shalt not worship them is two.

I know some will say, Moses put a serpent and people looked up to it and they were healed, but I don't think we were instructed anywhere to do it.

and another possible answer is that.

the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life.

does that mean I can steal and rampage it in such a way that, I believe am not stealing. ?

#justmypointofview.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Christ Embassy Founder Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Engages Himself In Sports / The Hypocrisy Of Religion / Serious Problem With The Watchtower Study Of 23rd And 30th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.