Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment (1238 Views)

The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System / The Two-headed Dog Experiment / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by chibecanglobal(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
Harvard University scientists claim to
have conducted the world's first
successful telepathy experiment,
sending a "mental message"
between two people over a distance
of some 4,000 miles (6,500
kilometers).
In the experiment, the minds of two
people – one in Mumbai, India and
the other in Paris, France – were
connected over the Internet, with
each wearing an identical headset.
When the first person thought of a
greeting – “ciao,” Italian for “hello,” -
the recipient in France was aware of
the thought occurring, according to a
report in the journal PLOS One.
The subject receiving the message
could not comprehend the word
itself, but his brain displayed
flashes of light corresponding to the
exact moment when the word “ciao”
was being thought.
The Harvard scientists maintain that
the technology can be used to
transmit information from one
person’s brain to another.
Giulio Ruffini, a theoretical physicist
and co-author of the research, said:
“It is kind of technological
realization of the dream of telepathy,
but it is definitely not magical. We
are using technology to interact
electromagnetically with the brain.”
Harvard neurology professor and
research co-author Alvaro Pascual-
Leone said they wanted to see if
they could use “existing pathways”
to find out if “one could
communicate directly between two
people by reading out the brain
activity from one person and
injecting brain activity into the
second person.”
www.haaretz.com/mobile/1.614438
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
Wow nyc
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by Unionised(m): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
These oyinbo people sef.

They want to take credit for every invention.

Technology wey we don perfect since 20 BC...

Come to my village.

A trial will confuse you....

1 Like

Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by kultimate009: 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Telepathy na new thing? Where Chris Angel dey?
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by pastormustwac: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nonsense, something wey don dey since before the time of man. Walks out of the thread.
Did you read in your bible where it was said that - jesus perceived the thoughts in their heart? Tell me what that is.
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by romzyxy(m): 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
nice 1 dere........telepathy is what i dread for
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by McWhillion(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2014
Reminds me of George Orwell's novel "1984"
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by pastormustwac: 9:18am On Sep 07, 2014
1984 eh? Must have missed it, it had nice reviews too. Downloading. . . .completed, shall read it later.
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by McWhillion(m): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2014
pastormustwac: 1984 eh? Must have missed it, it had nice reviews too. Downloading. . . .completed, shall read it later.
Maybe I would still read it again. Enjoy your reading bro
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by chibecanglobal(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
The technologies that will come out of this effort will be interesting
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by pastormustwac: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2014
But I still believe some people can do this without technological enhancement. And I am not speaking of witchcraft or wicca. I mean 'ordinary' real life people.
But due to stigmatization, being labelled as crazy and all that. Most of these people just play along and act like every other 'normal' person.
Face facts no one wants to be labelled abnormal or paranormal.
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by chibecanglobal(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
pastormustwac: But I still believe some people can do this without technological enhancement. And I am not speaking of witchcraft or wicca. I mean 'ordinary' real life people.
But due to stigmatization, being labelled as crazy and all that. Most of these people just play along and act like every other 'normal' person.
Face facts no one wants to be labelled abnormal or paranormal.
If i possess such power na comnercialization straight..no dulling

1 Like

Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2014
There are people with such gifts tho.
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by chibecanglobal(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Djangocode: There are people with such gifts tho.
Bro have you actually verified one of such claims?
Thanks.
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by pastormustwac: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
^^^You need scientific verification eh?
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
"Ifura" has been in existence since the era of "Orunmila". undecided
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by chibecanglobal(m): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2014
pastormustwac: ^^^You need scientific verification eh?
yes naaa
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by pastormustwac: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2014
You may have to visit india, there are GURUs there from what I hear or visit Orunmila's shrine.
Re: Scientists Conduct World's First Successful Telepathy Experiment by Raypawer(m): 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
men that are thinking on how to change the world... great programmers!

(1) (Reply)

Industrial Uses Of Sulphur(iv) Oxide And Its Importance As A Bleaching Agent / How To Fix Air Canada App Not Working / PD PROXY VPN SERVICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.