Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! (750 Views)

South African Disease Lab On Frontline Of Ebola Fight / Ebola Tagged As An African Disease / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by segradino(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2014
I've given this much though,t and still can't understand the reason behind the whites(Europeans) committing suicide out of depression. I need answers pls.
Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by luvola(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2014
grin I am going through hell and yet I didnt commit any suicide. If the white visit Nigeria where alot of fustrated people are roaming the street ,they will have a rethink not to commit suicide.
Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by Danhumprey: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2014
That's because Africans are suffering and smiling. They see the good side in every circumstances.
Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by honeychild(f): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
I also think that our busy body way of life helps. Extended family, neighbours etc are into each others business. So there's a huge support network. No matter how trying the circumstances, an African rarely feels left alone and completely helpless.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
honeychild: I also think that our busy body way of life helps. Extended family, neighbours etc are into each others business. So there's a huge support network. No matter how trying the circumstances, an African rarely feels left alone and completely helpless.
I agree with ur opinion, totally
Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
honeychild: I also think that our busy body way of life helps. Extended family, neighbours etc are into each others business. So there's a huge support network. No matter how trying the circumstances, an African rarely feels left alone and completely helpless.
I totally agree with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by seankay(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
I suffered depression twice and its not a nice experience,I was saved by God.The solution to that shii is getting oneself busy and you won't have time to think about shii smiley
Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by phreakabit(m): 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
A larger % of the entire populace have spent most of their lives being depressed, and have thus gotten "immune" to it.
Re: Why Is Depression Not An African Disease! by adeoladrg(m): 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
God has blessed us with things to make life interesting. When you think you've had it all, there'll always be a 'mama patience' or 'Oga at the top' to spice things up. We really are immuned to depression, esp the guys because. fun.

(1) (Reply)

Why Trekking Is Good For The Health / Closed... / Why Ladies Of 'AA' Genotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.