Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,638 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? (1227 Views)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nasri100(m): 9:20am On Sep 07, 2014
My lack of ardent seriousness in my first year culminated to my Misdemeanor.

Yet i have picked up the pace and looking more serious than ever but reaching for 2:1 is going to be an arduous task i MIGHT not succeed.

Still i would, if ASUU whala dont buzz in, graduate when am 21/22 and if it takes doing Masters for better chance of a decent job am ready.

Without the masters degree berth, What are the chances i might actual get a decent job? aside facing the scrutiny of the public, that my babe i bin dey boast to, Parents and peers.

Most job sites i see are asking for 2:1 above.

Course: Industrial physics

University: Public

Please help
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Tolexander: 9:24am On Sep 07, 2014
Who is your father?
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by drake2(m): 9:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Tolexander: Who is your father?

U no serious o; seriously u no well oo. But I like what u said wella.
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nasri100(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2014
Tolexander: Who is your father?

No need to troll. it didn't rhyme with the question
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by slap1(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Nasri100:

It does. Answer the question.

Have you heard of "long legs" before?
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by slap1(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2014
On a more serious note, if you're good in practical aspects, why not?
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nasri100(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: On a more serious note, if you're good in practical aspects, why not?

Thank you
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Tolexander: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2014
Nasri100:

e-diot!

Na you and who dey do rhyme contest? Can now see why you have to come online to post this question.
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Tolexander: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: It does. Answer the question.

Have you heard of "long legs" before?
thanks bro. Leave the boy to continue making fool of himself.
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nasri100(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
Tolexander: thanks bro. Leave the boy to continue making fool of himself.

Guy no vex
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
yes why not ...
teaching profession
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by rattlesnake(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
U are looking for work with people wey no get work...because people wey get work no dey ask for 2:1 but they ask if u can work undecided
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Top physics graduates are not getting jobs in advanced societies let alone one like ours.(Its been a declining trend since world war 2) Most of them have branched off to make meaningful careers in other areas such as IT and finance. So while id say ur prospects here are dim, u do have the foundation to do many other things if u want to.

1 Like

Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by countsparrow: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
Getting a job as a physics student is hard, talk less of having a 2:2... U can try ur hands out in finance or IT like a poster rightly said but if u feel physics is ur way, 40yrs down d line, I am quite sure u will be sitting behind a desk littered with books with ur glasses on the bridge of your note asking questions such as where is ur assignment, when is your free period

D choice is yours
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
I didn't read your post but anybody with this your mindset will always find it difficult to get a job. Don't be a slave to your grade. Liberate yourself from your grade. Let the grade remind you of who you were. It's time to grade yourself bro.
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by Johnnyessence(m): 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
in my own perspective this life is not about queuing for one office its about creativity and productivity I believe if u av d opportunity of starting business why in sch u will not come to this forum to ask for way out about job vacancies see bro d leaders of today are not ready to provide jobs for d graduates in d society but they are there to used u as a tool to rig and bastadized d whole system in d society. I think one thing pls find out about agriculture see its might be so so stressful but be rest assured that one day u will over come from this agriculture concept u will be able to learn on foods.pls and pls i want u to understand this either u av 2.1 or 2.2 doesn't say u don't know what u are doing pls start from some where like me here am doing agriculture business why studying upon that bro any failure that comes my way serve as a stepping stones for me in life to reach d peak of my success Thks.
Re: Will He Get A Job With 2:2 In Physics? by rusher14: 4:10am On Sep 08, 2014
Everything boils down to your personality, your tenacity and how cerebral you truly are.
Luck, fate and others may come into play but don't bank on them.
Physics is the foundation for engineering, Info Tech and various other applied science disciplines.
You could be a Geophysicist, Radiologist, Computer programmer, even Airspace Scientist.
There's a whole gamut to choose from and the list is virtually endless.
One can do worse than a 2:2 so do not be discouraged.
Find an interest and a niche.
You need to be more motivated than the rest.
You need to show more passion and desire.
You need to be more savvy and up to date.
You need to hunger for information and opportunities.
You need to study hard and have self belief regardless of what naysayers bring.
All the best!

(1) (Reply)

A New University Has Been Established In Edo State By The State Government / Did You Know (about NIGERIA) / Scrapping Of First Class Awards:okowa Terminates Awards For Delta State Scholars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.