Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nairalanders I Need Your Assistance In This - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nairalanders I Need Your Assistance In This (478 Views)

Drivers Not Installing. Need Your Assistance / Need Your Assistance / Need Your Assistance To Use Glo Macro To Browse On Universal Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders I Need Your Assistance In This by megatran(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2014
Here is the scenario on ground. i am a student of pharmacy in one of the Nigerian universities and i recently i had the urge to do something very tangible and productive with my talent and possibly knowledge. i wouldn't go into details but here are the key points.
i currently have a network use, it has unlimited bandwidth which is free. its a satellite network with clean ip and good speed and i have up to four laptops at my disposal. Power supply can be easily resolved with generators of course.
Now to the me part, i am very versatile with computers and networks as in manipulating them ( some refer to it as hacking). i am talented at putting electronics together after destroying them of course, i also have little knowledge of website design.
My big question is that if you were in my shoes, in what way would u be able to use all that gadget and network to make money while in school?
i must mention here that i have tried to host the network in form of hotspot and get to other students to subscribe to me at a reasonable amount but where i reside is like the outskirts of town and i only have 7 neighbors and even the other hostels around are scarce with residents. Although i have tried hosting the network from my remote location but it would require heavy capital as i may need to have a network mast and purchase heavy biquads and network senders. i have also tried online purchases but i havent gone that far (maybe i am not that good at advertising things), majorly because they have to pay before service.

So pls nairalanders i would really appreciate if you could share some ideas on how to monetize this whole situation i am in, if u were in this situation, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Your Important Files Can Now Be Recovered / Pls I Have Question About Username Change? / Moving Cursor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.