Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal (1360 Views)

Arsenal Signs Danny Welbeck for £16m / John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / John Terry Vs Rio Ferdinand: Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
Former Manchester United defender says his old club is 'mad' to sell Danny Welbeck to Arsenal

Rio Ferdinand criticises Manchester United for selling Danny Welbeck to Arsenal
Former Manchester United defender says his old club is 'mad' to sell Danny Welbeck to Arsenal and expects forward to be a huge success at the Emirates.

Rio Ferdinand has criticised his former club Manchester United for selling Danny Welbeck to Arsenal.
Ferdinand, who left for Queens Park Rangers this summer after more than a decade at Old Trafford, believes Welbeck will be a star at the Emirates Stadium.

Welbeck moved to Arsenal for £16million on transfer deadline day on Monday and Ferdinand says United are "mad" to have sold him to their rivals.

"I cannot believe United let Danny go, especially to Arsenal," Ferdinand said. "That seems mad to me.
"He's a real threat to defenders and, if Arsenal use him right, he will be very dangerous for them. That will be good news for England, too, because if he is playing regularly that has to benefit the national team.

"Danny has everything to be a top player. English football has yet to see what he can really do because he hasn't been getting a run of games.
"At Arsenal he will be the main man and I have no doubt he will flourish. Imagine the pace Arsenal will have when everyone is fit."

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11079912/Rio-Ferdinand-criticises-Manchester-United-for-selling-Danny-Welbeck-to-Arsenal.html

Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Oga Ferdinand
No vex na cheesy cheesy
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by ammyluv2002(f): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Manchester United did the right thing. No other club was coming for him and it doesn't make sense for him to stay when we have top great strikers. There's no sentiment in football, you just have to be wise
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by slap1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
ammyluv2002: Manchester United did the right thing. No other club was coming for him and it doesn't make sense for him to stay when we have top great strikers. There's no sentiment in football, you just have to be wise
I'm an Arsenal fan and I disagree with you. United should have loaned him. That said, I'm very happy that we finally have a pacy forward who can score.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by ammyluv2002(f): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: I'm an Arsenal fan and I disagree with you. United should have loaned him. That said, I'm very happy that we finally have a pacy forward who can score.
He refused according to reports. LVG wanted to loan him but guy man no agree
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: I'm an Arsenal fan and I disagree with you. United should have loaned him. That said, I'm very happy that we finally have a pacy forward who can score.

I think ammyluv2002 is right, Welbeck rejected the loan move, he even rejected Tottneham and prefer a permanent deal to Arsenal. However, Man United should have try all means to tie him down. Though he's not Suarez, not Drogba, but he might be a goal machine in EPL and then considering his age he's young.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by seankay(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Did I hear you say a striker that can score? Hehehe Welbeck has never been a great scorer....but who knows,he might just be another sturridge and light up the Emirate Stadium
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by slap1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
seankay:
Did I hear you say a striker that can score? Hehehe Welbeck has never been a great scorer....but who knows,he might just be another sturridge and light up the Emirate Stadium
His finishing is way better than Giroud's. Hell, Welbeck even scores with chipped shots!

1 Like

Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by slap1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
dotcomnamename:

I think ammyluv2002 is right, Welbeck rejected the loan move, he even rejected Tottneham and prefer a permanent deal to Arsenal. However, Man United should have try all means to tie him down. Though he's not Suarez, not Drogba, but he might be a goal machine in EPL and then considering his age he's young.
I read something like that on The BBC but I thought it was Wenger who rejected a loan offer and opted for a permanent deal. Anyway, I hope he comes good for Arsenal. I believe he will.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by seankay(m): 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: His finishing is way better than Giroud's. Hell, Welbeck even scores with chipped shots!
How many EPL goals does he have in his last 2 seasons?
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by slap1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
seankay:
How many EPL goals does he have in his last 2 seasons?
How many games has he started as a striker ? Giroud has a better goals return than him, agreed. But Welbeck rarely had the time to explode at United in his favoured position with RVP, Rooney and Hernandez jostling for the centre forward position.
Most Arsenal fans would agree Welbeck is a breath of fresh air from the wasteful, rigid Giroud.

2 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by seankay(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: How many games has he started as a striker ? Giroud has a better goals return than him, agreed. But Welbeck rarely had the time to explode at United in his favoured position with RVP, Rooney and Hernandez jostling for the centre forward position.
Most Arsenal fans would agree Welbeck is a breath of fresh air from the wasteful, rigid Giroud.
I don't follow United's games much but I know Welbeck goal sense and threat might not be better than Giroud's though I must agree he might have a better footwork
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by M4gunners: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
All i can say is time will tell.Welback am just watching you waiting for you to deliver.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by Antell95(m): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
dotcomnamename: Former Manchester United defender says his old club is 'mad' to sell Danny Welbeck to Arsenal

Rio Ferdinand criticises Manchester United for selling Danny Welbeck to Arsenal
Former Manchester United defender says his old club is 'mad' to sell Danny Welbeck to Arsenal and expects forward to be a huge success at the Emirates.

Rio Ferdinand has criticised his former club Manchester United for selling Danny Welbeck to Arsenal.
Ferdinand, who left for Queens Park Rangers this summer after more than a decade at Old Trafford, believes Welbeck will be a star at the Emirates Stadium.

Welbeck moved to Arsenal for £16million on transfer deadline day on Monday and Ferdinand says United are "mad" to have sold him to their rivals.

"I cannot believe United let Danny go, especially to Arsenal," Ferdinand said. "That seems mad to me.
"He's a real threat to defenders and, if Arsenal use him right, he will be very dangerous for them. That will be good news for England, too, because if he is playing regularly that has to benefit the national team.

"Danny has everything to be a top player. English football has yet to see what he can really do because he hasn't been getting a run of games.
"At Arsenal he will be the main man and I have no doubt he will flourish. Imagine the pace Arsenal will have when everyone is fit."

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11079912/Rio-Ferdinand-criticises-Manchester-United-for-selling-Danny-Welbeck-to-Arsenal.html

You, tell Wenger to take good care of Welbz.

Man United's 5th choice striker --> Arsenal's first choice
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by buskie13(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
what did u expect to hear from Igbo Ferdinand
deluded fellow
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by Vionlp: 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Are you serious? Welbeck can score? Are u smoking something?
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by slap1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Vionlp:
Are you serious? Welbeck can score? Are u smoking something?
He just scored two goals for England tonight in 31 minutes.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Called Manchester United MAD For Selling Danny Welbeck To Arsenal by slap1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Antell95:

You, tell Wenger to take good care of Welbz.

Man United's 5th choice striker --> Arsenal's first choice
Don't hate. I'm an Arsenal fan but I don't like bashing United. Right now, I don't think Man U fans have any bragging rights, but let's keep it at that.

(1) (Reply)

Premier League Clubs Should Rule Europe For The Next Coming Decade. / Uefa Champions League 2nd Round Draw / Euro 2012 Qualifier : England Vs Wales (1 - 0) On September 6th 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.