Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? (997 Views)

Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... / Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by laivwire(m): 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Getting a car with desired hp and torque is enough to give a thrill ride but when faced with buying a stock option, what components can be tweaked to get a faster, more stable ride. I' very heard of increasing the wheel sizes, changing the air filter, probably changing the engine to a bigger size but I need to know more especially considering the Nigerian environment.
I'm here to learn so your advice is needed, thanks smiley
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by laivwire(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
62 views and no comment? shocked, Haba now, Nldrs. Abi make I mention ni
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by Mention(m): 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
laivwire: 62 views and no comment? shocked, Haba now, Nldrs. Abi make I mention ni
You just mentioned me!!!

1 Like

Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by laivwire(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mention:
You just mentioned me!!!
Haha, thats a good one. You'ld be getting hundreds of mentions, just like this one.
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by Mention(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
laivwire:
Haha, thats a good one. You'ld be getting hundreds of mentions, just like this one.
Lol... I dey tell you... But it aids me to get indirectly notified of interesting topics which ordinarily I won't have seen!
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
The driver.

Loose weight. Less weight equals more horsepower freed up to power the car
Skill. Increase your driving skill. It takes more than just mashing the go fast pedal to go fast.

The Car.

Depends on the car.
If you bought ab easily modifiable car then something as simple a changing the supercharger pulley or installing an aftermarket down pipe can give you marked performance increase.
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by didoloan: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
If u want faster acceleration something as easy as a higher ratio differential will greatly increase acceleration. Before u think about increasing top speed u should get a better suspension.
Add me on whatsapp 08138754586.
I like open minded guys
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
In the US and other advanced countries, you can love-vendor your ride to whatever u desire.
You have the green backs, you sure gonna get whatcha want.
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
laivwire:
Getting a car with desired hp and torque is enough to give a thrill ride but when faced with buying a stock option, what components can be tweaked to get a faster, more stable ride. I' very heard of increasing the wheel sizes, changing the air filter, probably changing the engine to a bigger size but I need to know more especially considering the Nigerian environment.
I'm here to learn so your advice is needed, thanks smiley
There are stuff U can buy off Ebay to tweck ur ECU., your Air intake can also me modified
adding Turbo is an Option
Re: What Physical Components Improve A Car's Speed And Acceleration? by Syvyd199: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! / Camry Overheating After Hose Change / Why Is Touran Not Really In Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.