Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating (989 Views)

Solving All Kinds Of Overheating �️ / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / Top Causes Of Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
INTRODUCTION
Just as knowledge can never be exhausted in the field, and ..., I would like to point out some other causes of overheating, that you probably never thought existed.

Now a days, radiators assemblies comes with external plastic cores, rather than aluminum wholly, as its being heralded in the '70s.

Basically, automakers do that for the cost reductions, and fuel economy that it provides.

But some salient problems that have come to be a key feature of these plastic cores are their ability to seep coolants through the radiator walls, because of the presence of;

1. HAIRLINE CRACKS.

These kind of cracks, are difficult to see with the naked eyes, in some instances, because of their nature.
Their accelerations on the structural integrity if the plastics, in which those radiator walls were made from.
Excess exposures to extreme heat rises, also impacts negatively on them.

SPOTTING A CRACKED RADIATOR?
*****You get to see coolant leaks around the vicinity of the radiator plastic walls(made of plastic), and sometimes, you might just noticed its kind wet around that(those) region.

2. HEATER CORE (HOSE/PIPE) RUPTURE

The heater core piping(plumbing), connects straight on the cylinder heads of some vehicles, while in others, it goes straight to the engine block.
It would behoove you to realised that the sole purpose of the heater core, is to provide warmth, in times of extreme cold weather.

This is how that system works:
As you turn on the to the red level (hot range)button, hot coolants circulating through the engines system, us routed through the heater core attached to the AC system to provide warn air to cushion in the effect of the cold.

Notice that the hot/warmth air comes from the hot engine.

Without the connections from the engine, there's no way warmth air could be transferred to the cabin of the car.

Here's the jinx: Cars fitted with heater cores, with age, have got their hoses/pipes fractured, and coolants just gushes out without ones knowledge.

3. NO2 Thermostat.
Some automakers have incorporated two thermostats on their engine design, to help with better fuel economy, and heat control.

For instance, the Nissan pathfinder displayed in the picture, was a 2000 model. It has got two thermostats: 1) one at the front engine block region, and 2) at the rear of the cylinder head. The one at the rear is always a nightmare for it to be removed though.

If this particular thermostat is faulty, the engine continues to overheat, no matter what remedies you've proffered.

4. WEAK VISCOUS FAN CLUTCH. These fans have got viscous fluids in the fan clutch, that controls the ON and OFF of the fans, when they work.

When the temperatures gradually rises to a certain threshold set up by the engine designers, this heat sensitive fluid in the clutch turns on the fan to cool the temperature down, and vice versa.

How do you test such fan?

Turn the fan blades with a finger, and notice the resistance against your finger.
If there's enough resistance, the fans OK. But if there isn't any, that fan needs to be replaced

Its better to replace such a fan with a new one. Used fans might problematic

So, the next time you've got a shortage of radiator coolants or some overheating problems, do make a duty to check the heater core tubing plumbing (hose itself), and the joints for leaks, or fracture.

They aren't expensive to replace.
For me, in tines if emergencies, I discontinue the heater core connections.

Expecting your comments, or criticisms.

Remember, this piece of writeup might spur some kind of debate in the comments section.

Keep them coming though.
But do expect me to defend my methodologies with some proves.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)

Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2017
better to replace the entire radiator instead of just the top.

Most radiators (camry 1998, camry 2007) get a hairline crack at the top after very high mileage usually over 150,000miles.

Most cooling systems require an overhaul (coolant, thermostat, water pump, radiator in some cases after 100,000 miles as preventive maintenance)

I never knew there were 2 thermostats in the 01 pathfinder.

Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2017
@gazzuzz. Re!!!? Maybe kinda ...deciphering that?
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by kingreign(m): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
better to replace the entire radiator instead of just the top.

Most radiators (camry 1998, camry 2007) get a hairline crack at the top after very high mileage usually over 150,000miles.

Most cooling systems require an overhaul (coolant, thermostat, water pump, radiator in some cases after 100,000 miles as preventive maintenance)

I never knew there were 2 thermostats in the 01 pathfinder.

And they are located behind the engine close to the fire wall in a very tight flitting on that VQ35DE angry
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
Yeah, definitely located in that region.
That's y no one can ever know it all.
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2017
@Gazzuzz. Well, that's cool. But do bear in mind that its not just all clients that bear replacing an entire radiator system for a cracked plastic.

I present all options to the clients, including pros and cons.

You've got to weigh both the economics and safety involved in this.

As long as that can be fixed, I'd go ahead and do it.

What matters is:

1. Are there genuine adhesive silicon gums available?

2. Are there "die hard" heat resistant plastic tops available?

If the answers are yes, sure, I'd replaced that part than replacing an entire radiator system.
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by diportivo: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2017
Walt o

that engine has 2 thermostats

as in,water enters from the back too .

enlighten us pls
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
@diportivo. Yes it has two.

1. You've got one at the front on the engine block. That kind of thermostat there is engrafted or mated to the upper radiator hose connection. So, if that thermostat is faulty, replace the entire connection there. The thermostat on that part of the engine. doesn't come off separately like the rear.

2. The second one is located at the rear ward end if the top cylinder, at the middle, as you can see in the picture of the one I posted.

It controls the cylinder head temperature. So, if its faulty, it is a hell removing it. You've got to remove the manifold system, to get access to it.
Remember, that's where the engine coolant temperature sensor, and the gauge are located.

Thanks for the study, though, and reading through.

Catch you later then.
Hope this answers your s.

Any more, would try answer them.
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2017

Water doesn't enter from the back. Coolant circulates from the front, then to the rear.

1. You've got one at the front on the engine block. That kind of thermostat there is engrafted or mated to the upper radiator hose connection. So, if that thermostat is faulty, replace the entire connection there. The thermostat on that part of the engine. doesn't come off separately like the rear.

2. The second one is located at the rear ward end if the top cylinder, at the middle, as you can see in the picture of the one I posted.

It controls the cylinder head temperature. So, if its faulty, it is a hell removing it. You've got to remove the manifold system, to get access to it.
Remember, that's where the engine coolant temperature sensor, and the gauge are located.

Catch you later then.

Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by kingreign(m): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2017
TRYGO:

Catch you later then.

Na here you manage get sense. Maybe you don go read am online shey?
Re: Re: Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating by TRYGO(m): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
@kingreign. You funny sha! I think we need people like you here, to help other people.

Re: Still waiting for "contacting people o".
Hehehe

I think this shows my threads are making impacts.

I think I like your kind of critic here.

Would classify you as someone who makes people wanna be on their tows.

Its similar to what opposition parties do to a sitting government.

It would keep me more sharpened up.

(1) (Reply)

Thisweek@debargainer #car Swap Option #priceslash / Rx 330 / Mercedes-maybach Ultimate Luxury Fully Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.