Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Cudos To Calabar Fans; All Hail The Eagles! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cudos To Calabar Fans; All Hail The Eagles! (436 Views)

The Eagles Should Fear This Congo Man / When The Eagles Won The Final: How Did You Feel? / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cudos To Calabar Fans; All Hail The Eagles! by ekemini007(m): 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have alwys fault tking the eagles games to lagos. Becuse for me thy are no real football fans.

Any football fans tht cnt stomach defeat, are no real fans to me.over the yrs we've seen lagos fan grow so corky and arrogant often believing tht they possess the sole right to host the eagles. And as such wenever games are tken to lagaos, thy go as far as booing the team wen thy play badly or loose.

This is very shamefull at times..nt becuse this event are being beamed to the outside world, bt rather becuse it speak volume for lack of understanding for the sport we love in the first place.

loosing is part of the sport.This demand we cheer our team even in defeat as we wld in victory.Its shamefull to speak of wenevr we cheer our team or associate with dem wen thy win,bt quickly turn on them wen thy are loosing(somtims evn goin as far as cheering the opposition)

I am yet to see this among the calabar fans and thts why i salute them so far. I sense of cus it's hard "holding it in""..even resisting the urge to swear or curse wen one's team is playing badly. Bt thy (the calaber fans) prove themselve once again as great host. holding it in and seeing tins all tru to the end. Pls join me to give them a big cudos.

All hail the super Eagles!..all hail calabar fans!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Drops To 37th In The Latest FIFA Ranking / Real Madrid Tracks Liverpool Star / Saturday 25 Oct. Over Goalfootball Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.