Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,387 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do (1030 Views)

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do by Joelezob(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
I just feel like sharing some pranks most motor mechanics in our country do. I know most car owners have become victims of some of their antics. These are just a fraudulent way of making money from helpless car owners. Feel free to share your own experience for others to learn from it.

Do not totally believe him when he tells you what is wrong with your car except when you are sure. Most times they do trial and error at end you pay more money than required.

Always verify the cost of parts to be replaced before parting with your money. Sometime they inflate the price by 100% and sometimes they end up fixing substandard parts.

If you have the time, be on ground to ensure the parts you bought is what is fixed. What they tell you they changed is not always true. Don't forget they will always have old parts to show you as a replacement to the one they porportedly changed for you.

Beware of the mechanic that always return balance of money you gave him to buy parts. They do that to win your trust. It will will not be long they hit you hard without you knowing it.

Don't forget that the more they see you, the more money they put in their pocket. They will always want you to come back. Ensure they dont create more trouble in your car.

Their tricks are endless! Please share more.
Re: Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
''Beware of the mechanic that always
return balance of money you gave him to
buy parts. They do that to win your trust. It
will will not be long they hit you hard
without you knowing it.''

I quite disagree with the excerpted point. It is an abberation to the iconic and laudable personages of mechanics and other persons out there...You can't be trusted doesn't mean they can't too.
Re: Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do by Waspy(m): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
I still trust the Nig Police more than the mechanics....they can make any car owner trek at the long run
Re: Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do by Joelezob(m): 2:51am On Sep 08, 2014
@blizzard Is either you are sentimental or they never cross your way.
Re: Funny Things Motor Mechanics Do by Piyke: 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Joelezob: I just feel like sharing some pranks most motor mechanics in our country do. I know most car owners have become victims of some of their antics. These are just a fraudulent way of making money from helpless car owners. Feel free to share your own experience for others to learn from it.

Do not totally believe him when he tells you what is wrong with your car except when you are sure. Most times they do trial and error at end you pay more money than required.

Always verify the cost of parts to be replaced before parting with your money. Sometime they inflate the price by 100% and sometimes they end up fixing substandard parts.

If you have the time, be on ground to ensure the parts you bought is what is fixed. What they tell you they changed is not always true. Don't forget they will always have old parts to show you as a replacement to the one they porportedly changed for you.

Beware of the mechanic that always return balance of money you gave him to buy parts. They do that to win your trust. It will will not be long they hit you hard without you knowing it.

Don't forget that the more they see you, the more money they put in their pocket. They will always want you to come back. Ensure they dont create more trouble in your car.

Their tricks are endless! Please share more.

I cant agree more! Which is why am a strong proponent of car owners knowing a thing or 2 about the cars they drive. I have even had a bad experience at a car dealer. Its not just roadside mechanics. I mean the kind of dealer where you sit and watch DSTV in an AC-chilled waiting room while the "AutoEngineer" drives your car into their restricted access service/maintenance bay. Their flop soon became obvious some few weeks after and guess what it was discovered by my regular mechanic undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Part Of The Car Is This? [PICTURE] / Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! / Do You Know What Could Be Wrong With Your Vehicle Fuel Pump?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.