Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy (4404 Views)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by mmsen: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sheep are meant to be fleeced.

If you give all of your money to a charlatan because he asks you to then you probably don't deserve to have it in the first place.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by dorox(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
mmsen: Sheep are meant to be fleeced.

If you give all of your money to a charlatan because he asks you to then you probably don't deserve to have it in the first place.
I can't argue against the post above, it says a lot about how foolish majority of religious people are.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by mbaemeka(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
You were merely attending a CE church. You were not a member for if you were you would have known that CE is more than a church, it is a vision. If you go there and you don't catch the vision of the ministry you would feel lost and restive. It is only normal. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to go to a church, that's not how God leads people. It is like waking up one morning and telling yourself which of your neighbors houses you would go to have breakfast. That's spiritual vagrancy.

Let me just correct some of your falsities for the sake of posterity.

1. Anybody (even those not called of God) can mount the podium and teach on Adultery and fornication or indecent dressing. It will not change the fact that people will still do it. If you prevent them from entering the church, they will do it outside. So what have you achieved? So in CE, we don't complain about the darkness we just show you the light. That's a better approach and it has longer lasting implications.

2. If you believe that giving a first fruit to God denies you and your family the basic amenities you require, then CE wasn't the problem- your greed is. God gave his own firstfruit to you and it didn't deny him of any amenities, instead he gained more sons through him.

3. If the man gave his all what does that have to do with you or CE. Did they force him to give his all? If he didn't would they have ostracised him? What about the widows mite? What about the widow of Zarephath? Didn't they give their all? How is this a new act in the church? If you were ever in CE as long as you claim then what were you still doing there for 1...2...3...8 years for I am sure these type of givings were always done in all your stay? And the man deprived his wife because of this, the church told him that?

4. CE don't teach you how to give your fellow man? Are you sure you where in a CEC? Pastor Chris teaches that if you are in a house that has some unused rooms it is wrong for you to move to a bigger one. He teaches that we are to accommodate as many people as the house can take and only move to a new one when the capacity has been met. We raised more than $3M to help alleviate the challenges in Haiti during the earthquakes they suffered (no other church in Africa did as much). All our CEC around the world have innercity missions where we take homeless children and orphans. Feed them, clothe them, put them in schools etc. Their accommodation is even better than many other good institutions or orphanages etc. During RON we give cars and patrol vehicles to the police, we give ICT centres to prisons, we provide pipeborne water to rural communities etc.

I ask again are you sure that was a CEC?

5. Besides, all those arms of ministry that you claim belongs to Pastor Chris and Anita are lies. Neither of them gets a dime from the sales of any books and if you were a member for as long as you claim you ought to have known all these. Maybe you need to do some research and find out how expensive it is to host anything on the air via satellites or the Internet. When you do you would have the fear of God.

6. The award nights is for awards and not REWARDS. The awards are for recognition and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The rewards for all labour towards God's people or his work is given by God and Pastor Chris teaches that profusely.

7. As for that your story I don't even know where to begin from. All I can sense is your greed. You have mentioned "deprived" like 100 times and it is to your shame. There was a sound guy that lived in Agbara and worked in CE Ikeja. One day one of the resident pastors told them that Pastor Chris wanted to have a meeting with the workers so they all assembled and waited to no avail. Hours went by and much later the Pastor came and called off the meeting saying the MOG was very busy. So this sound guy headed home by bus. When he was almost there the a friend of his who happened to be a fellow worker called him to say that Pastor Chris was on his way for the meeting. The sound guy thought to continue with his journey home but he remembered a pledge he had made to himself in the past that no day will come when Pastor Chris was meeting with them and he won't be there to attend so he turned back and attended the meeting.

Pastor Chris didn't teach or stay for long. He just asked each person what their roles were but when he got to the sound guy who introduced himself as so the MOG paused for some seconds and kept muttering "the sound guy, the sound guy. . .thank you lord". Then he asked him to go out and pick one of the 2 Brandnew SUV Landcruiser models that was parked outside.

I wonder how long the sound guy would have saved to get such a car yet he got it by just simple obedience. The things of God require such.

8. Again with all your talk about being forced to give Mr greedy man. Nobody can force you to give or make a pledge. If you didn't want to why did you do so? You ran away from church because of pledges you made. Funny guy. You remind me of someone who said he was leaving church because of the "immoralities" he was noticing. But when he left and stopped going to church he got 2 girls pregnant and lost his job. He wasn't noticing any immoralities- he was the immorality and God removed him from our midst. Amen. grin

Besides, 2007 January 1 to 2013/2014 is never 8 years no matter how dishonestly you try to calculate it. So let your tales by moonlight have better symmetry. And again learn the importance of praying in your closet about the perceived ills in the church, instead of subjecting her to public scorn like the children of destruction are known for. If you were a serious member for even 3 years you would have known all these things.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
mbaemeka: You were merely attending a CE church. You were not a member for if you were you would have known that CE is more than a church, it is a vision. If you go there and you don't catch the vision of the ministry you would feel lost and restive. It is only normal. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to go to a church, that's not how God leads people. It is like waking up one morning and telling yourself which of your neighbors houses you would go to have breakfast. That's spiritual vagrancy.

Let me just correct some of your falsities for the sake of posterity.

1. Anybody (even those not called of God) can mount the podium and teach on Adultery and fornication or indecent dressing. It will not change the fact that people will still do it. If you prevent them from entering the church, they will do it outside. So what have you achieved? So in CE, we don't complain about the darkness we just show you the light. That's a better approach and it has longer lasting implications.

2. If you believe that giving a first fruit to God denies you and your family the basic amenities you require, then CE wasn't the problem- your greed is. God gave his own firstfruit to you and it didn't deny him of any amenities, instead he gained more sons through him.

3. If the man gave his all what does that have to do with you or CE. Did they force him to give his all? If he didn't would they have ostracised him? What about the widows mite? What about the widow of Zarephath? Didn't they give their all? How is this a new act in the church? If you were ever in CE as long as you claim then what were you still doing there for 1...2...3...8 years for I am sure these type of givings were always done in all your stay? And the man deprived his wife because of this, the church told him that?

4. CE don't teach you how to give your fellow man? Are you sure you where in a CEC? Pastor Chris teaches that if you are in a house that has some unused rooms it is wrong for you to move to a bigger one. He teaches that we are to accommodate as many people as the house can take and only move to a new one when the capacity has been met. We raised more than $3M to help alleviate the challenges in Haiti during the earthquakes they suffered (no other church in Africa did as much). All our CEC around the world have innercity missions where we take homeless children and orphans. Feed them, clothe them, put them in schools etc. Their accommodation is even better than many other good institutions or orphanages etc. During RON we give cars and patrol vehicles to the police, we give ICT centres to prisons, we provide pipeborne water to rural communities etc.

I ask again are you sure that was a CEC?

5. Besides, all those arms of ministry that you claim belongs to Pastor Chris and Anita are lies. Neither of them gets a dime from the sales of any books and if you were a member for as long as you claim you ought to have known all these. Maybe you need to do some research and find out how expensive it is to host anything on the air via satellites or the Internet. When you do you would have the fear of God.

6. The award nights is for awards and not REWARDS. The awards are for recognition and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The rewards for all labour towards God's people or his work is given by God and Pastor Chris teaches that profusely.

7. As for that your story I don't even know where to begin from. All I can sense is your greed. You have mentioned "deprived" like 100 times and it is to your shame. There was a sound guy that lived in Agbara and worked in CE Ikeja. One day one of the resident pastors told them that Pastor Chris wanted to have a meeting with the workers so they all assembled and waited to no avail. Hours went by and much later the Pastor came and called off the meeting saying the MOG was very busy. So this sound guy headed home by bus. When he was almost there the a friend of his who happened to be a fellow worker called him to say that Pastor Chris was on his way for the meeting. The sound guy thought to continue with his journey home but he remembered a pledge he had made to himself in the past that no day will come when Pastor Chris was meeting with them and he won't be there to attend so he turned back and attended the meeting.

Pastor Chris didn't teach or stay for long. He just asked each person what their roles were but when he got to the sound guy who introduced himself as so the MOG paused for some seconds and kept muttering "the sound guy, the sound guy. . .thank you lord". Then he asked him to go out and pick one of the 2 Brandnew SUV Landcruiser models that was parked outside.

I wonder how long the sound guy would have saved to get such a car yet he got it by just simple obedience. The things of God require such.

8. Again with all your talk about being forced to give Mr greedy man. Nobody can force you to give or make a pledge. If you didn't want to why did you do so? You ran away from church because of pledges you made. Funny guy. You remind me of someone who said he was leaving church because of the "immoralities" he was noticing. But when he left and stopped going to church he got 2 girls pregnant and lost his job. He wasn't noticing any immoralities- he was the immorality and God removed him from our midst. Amen. grin

Besides, 2007 January 1 to 2013/2014 is never 8 years no matter how dishonestly you try to calculate it. So let your tales by moonlight have better symmetry. And again learn the importance of praying in your closet about the perceived ills in the church, instead of subjecting her to public scorn like the children of destruction are known for. If you were a serious member for even 3 years you would have known all these things.

Here's my reply

(1) Why should I go to church to worship God and have my manliness erect, commit fornication in my mind because one of the choir members leading praise and worship would not cover her booobs. Instead of worshiping God, I start imagining myself sucking her booobs because her jerry curled pastor wouldnt correct her.

(2) The bible says "Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your increase" It means every time you are being increased or promoted in the office, sow the first part of your increase. i.e If you were earning 200k and your salary increased to 250k, sow the first 50k to God which is the first fruit of your increase. But they tell you to sow your first salary in the year at C.E

(3) Most people who gave everything didnt do so because they wanted to, they gave their all because they wanted to please the pastor. Example is the sheraton guy who stole the company's money to sow seeds. Shey God dey tell people make them go steal to come sow seed for church ni?

(4) C.E members would rather take the money to the church to be praised publicly by the pastor than give you the money. I know of more than 10 cases. The pastors dont tell the members to help one another, they tell them to sow seeds. Example is a sister who sowed all she had, later she needed about 50k to complete her rent because she was squatting with a friend who was showing her hell on earth, she told all her leaders and brethren, no one helped her, and she sees the same people coming out to give in hundreds of thousands every Sunday. She told me she left the church because of this

(5) It is written gbagada on Rhapsody of realities that Chris Oyakhilome and Anita (dont know what her new surname would be) owns it. They are the author, they are the owners. The author of a book owns the book and the money from the sales of the books goes to their account. If you sow a seed into ROR, you are sowing into their pockets

(6) Why then are people dying to receive the awards? I would rather let God award me than Chris Oyaks

(7) Do you know how much that guy must have given before getting that SUV?

( 8 ) People can force you to give without you knowing it when you see them as demi gods and worship them instead of the Almighty. They coax you, they dont coerce you.

So you no even go school,.. 2007(1) 2008(2) 2009(3) 2010(4) 2011 (5) 2012 (6) 2013(7) 2014( 8 )

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by mbaemeka(m): 12:47am On Sep 17, 2014
saasala:

Here's my reply

(1) Why should I go to church to worship God and have my manliness erect, commit fornication in my mind because one of the choir members leading praise and worship would not cover her booobs. Instead of worshiping God, I start imagining myself sucking her booobs because her jerry curled pastor wouldnt correct her.

To those whose hearts are pure all things are pure. The reason you had those thoughts is because you have a problem- not the "Jerry curled" Pastor or even the girl that didn't cover her boobs.

(2) The bible says "Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your increase" It means every time you are being increased or promoted in the office, sow the first part of your increase. i.e If you were earning 200k and your salary increased to 250k, sow the first 50k to God which is the first fruit of your increase. But they tell you to sow your first salary in the year at C.E

CE teaches both. Those who want to do the whole thing aren't wrong. Your own greed and conscience was disturbing you and I am sure you never gave.

(3) Most people who gave everything didnt do so because they wanted to, they gave their all because they wanted to please the pastor. Example is the sheraton guy who stole the company's money to sow seeds. Shey God dey tell people make them go steal to come sow seed for church ni?

What a member you were! Shame on you. You think that a church will teach anyone to steal money to sow seeds- you are a disgrace to Christianity. How do you think someone stole money and gave all the money to the church? smh. Let me correct your falsities. FYI Lawrence Agada stole money from Sheraton but he didn't bring all the money to church he didn't even bring up to 25%. He bought a generator and gave offerings, period. When he was found out by his company and they wanted to recoup all the money as some had been spent on his own personal expenses etc. They then told him to claim that he gave all the money to the church so that the church will be asked to remit it. They even asked him to say the money went to Pastor Chris- even when Lawrence Agada's church was a satellite one. Besides, the Pastor of the church immediately returned the generator to Sheraton- but the media didn't tell you that.

(4) C.E members would rather take the money to the church to be praised publicly by the pastor than give you the money. I know of more than 10 cases. The pastors dont tell the members to help one another, they tell them to sow seeds. Example is a sister who sowed all she had, later she needed about 50k to complete her rent because she was squatting with a friend who was showing her hell on earth, she told all her leaders and brethren, no one helped her, and she sees the same people coming out to give in hundreds of thousands every Sunday. She told me she left the church because of this

Tales by moonlight. If the members give the church more than they help other members then the blame is on them and not the church. I help others even as I give to God and I learnt that in church. If you didn't learn so that's because you were looking at people's boobs instead of listening.

(5) It is written gbagada on Rhapsody of realities that Chris Oyakhilome and Anita (dont know what her new surname would be) owns it. They are the author, they are the owners. The author of a book owns the book and the money from the sales of the books goes to their account. If you sow a seed into ROR, you are sowing into their pockets

Thrash! Pastor Anita has no new surname. Member ko, member ni. Besides, they are the authors of the book meaning they write the materials that is published but they do not get a dime from the sales of the book. The proceeds are used to pay the staff of ROR, improve prints and quality etc. When you sow into ROR you are making sure that someone somewhere will get the copy of ROR free of charge and not to the pockets of the authors. Take this information from a real member- one who shares the vision of the ministry.

(6) Why then are people dying to receive the awards? I would rather let God award me than Chris Oyaks

Did they tell you that they would not rather God REWARDS them?

(7) Do you know how much that guy must have given before getting that SUV?

Given to who? Did you understand that story at all? Pastor Chris didn't award him the car- he said God told him to come to the meeting to give the 'sound guy' that car. That's why the story was interesting as the 'sound guy' had almost gotten home but then decided to go back to church because he revered his MOG not knowing that God called that meeting for him especially.

( 8 ) People can force you to give without you knowing it when you see them as demi gods and worship them instead of the Almighty. They coax you, they dont coerce you

Boring and irreverent.

Without even mincing words I am happy you left the ministry. You are the sort that gives us a bad name. Thank God you left. Enjoy wherever you now are.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by suckcybay: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
I AM A MEMBER OF CHRIST EMBASSY. I HAVE BEING A MEMBER FOR OVER 9YRS NOW. IF NOT FOR CHRIST EMBASSY CHURCH I WONT HAVE BECOME A CHRISTAIN, THIS IS BECOS I HAVE BEING TO SO MANY CHURCHES. WE HAVE A UNIQUE MESSAGE. MY GIVING HAVE PAVE WAY FOR ME. YOU ARE CHEATING YOURSELF IF YOU DONT GIVE. ALL WHAT YOU SAID ARE BECAUSE YOU ARE A BABE IN THE THINGS OF GOD.
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by paulGrundy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
saasala: I joined Christ Embassy on the 31st/1st night of 2006/2007. It was my first time of being to the church after much persuasion from my sister. I fell in love with the church instantly and decided to make Pastor Chris my man of God and spiritual father after hearing the sermon that day. It was the sweetest sermon I have heard in years.

Christ Embassy is a great church with men and women especially young people boiling with the word God. Christ Embassy thought me to know my rights in Christ and defeated all manner of fear whatsoever. After about a year of joining I started speaking in other tongues and began functioning sufficiently in the cell.

I stopped going to church (not just Christ embassy) more than a year ago because:

(1) The church doesn't tell people what God wants them to hear but what they want them to hear: Because C.E doesn't want to lose its members, the pastors dont preach against adultery and fornication. They dont preach against the members exposing their body. They tell you to sow seeds to be blessed of God. You are asked to bring all the money you have earned in the first month of every year as first fruits, depriving yourself and spouse of necessary amenities.

(2) Men are coaxed into sowing their entire earnings as seed: My sister and her hubby attend the church and because of the seeds the man has to sow, he couldn't give his wife enough money to start her business making them argue over and over and over again, at a time almost tearing their marriage apart.
I know of a sister whose whose husband work in a reputable company, they almost got divorced (dont know about now) because the man would sow everything he earned to the church, not giving the wife enough money to take care of her self and the children.

(3) Christ Embassy don't teach you how to give to your fellow humans, they only teach you how to give to the church. If you ask your fellow member to borrow you say 100k for business, they wouldnt do it, the next Sunday you see the same person sowing 200k.

You have to sow into these arms: Rhapsody Of Realities (owned by Pastor chris and Anita), LoveWorld Plus (owned by pastor Chris), LoveWorld Media (owned by Pastor chris), Campus Ministry, Stage Set, Inner city mission, Healing school etc etc

(4) Christ embassy organizes a particular event every year end "The Love World Award Night" Where the biggest givers in the ministry are given awards for their givings. Are we not supposed to be rewarded by God and not men? People started giving, not because they wanted to please God but because they want to receive awards from pastor Chris. They later brought the award night down to every satellite church while still holding on to the big one, thereby making members deprive their families of necessary things.

I became a choir coordinator in early 2013 after my gifts as a guitarist and drummer was discovered by the pastor of the new satellite church I joined when I relocated to another town. I left the church about 7 months after. During my time as the choir coordinator, one of the choir members, a young man of say 23 years wanted to learn video editing from me. I told him to get a laptop first. He told the pastor about it. The pastor told him he has a laptop that is strong enough to edit videos. The pastor is well to do, he has a good job, drives a clean car and his kids and wife look like they are from above. The pastor told the brother to pay for the laptop knowing fully well the young man is jobless, he later started disturbing the guy with phone calls asking him to send the money into his account. That brother, just like me has stopped going to church because of this, my own reason for quitting is different though. Imagine!

The one who gives is praised and worshiped while those who don't are looked down upon. Bottom line is that, you are forced to give, I mean to give all your dime to the extent of neglecting the needs of your wife. They force you to pledge and pay up to the last dime. I left the church owing thousands of niara.

Hi, I do not attend that church and I have only been there once, have you ever considered the possibility that they do not consider giving as a donation, but as a way of practising their faith. Consider this phrase in the BL anthem;

"...... All we know is a life of giving"
(Can't remember the rest).

Although I don't agree with their teaching on prosperity, but I think you should respect that.
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by estacyresource: 9:14am On May 04, 2015
Prophetic Instinct Leads Woman to Save Her Husband's Life

http://chriistianityupdate..com/2015/05/prophetic-instinct-leads-woman-to-save.html

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

Hi, I do not attend that church and I have only been there once, have you ever considered the possibility that they do not consider giving as a donation, but as a way of practising their faith. Consider this phrase in the BL anthem;

"..... All we know is a life of giving"
(Can't remember the rest).

Although I don't agree with their teaching on prosperity, but I think you should respect that.

I will complete the bolded for you "... Love is shared abroad in our hearts, belivers love world, living in a happier world with love"

Now to the bolded again... Giving to who? To the church or to the poor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Juanita Bynum Visits Bayelsa Flood Victims / Pastor Chris And Christ Embassy Members In Israel. / Is This Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's New Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.