Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Wordpress Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Help (733 Views)

5 Best Free Customer Support Wordpress Help Desk Plugins For Customer Care / Pls Wordpress Help / Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Help by omoelu1(m): 6:43am On Sep 08, 2014
hi to everyone in the house,
I recently upgraded my WordPress site to the las test version 4.0. and ever since then, WordPress no longer recognize my username.
it tells me "the username is not correct" and even my email as well.
anybody to help please?
Re: Wordpress Help by dwebwalker(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2014
Have u tried login in to your cpanel and check the Config file to see if u av problem there.
Re: Wordpress Help by omoelu1(m): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2014
dwebwalker: Have u tried login in to your cpanel and check the Config file to see if u av problem there.
oh no! I haven't.
I will do that and get back to you.
thanks
Re: Wordpress Help by dayus444: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
I suggest you contact you host immediately.
Re: Wordpress Help by dwebdesign(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
This does not have to do with your config file or your host. the databse can't recognise your details again.
Simply log in to your cpanel, locate phpmyadmin and then update the users table and look for your details. change your username and password.
if you don't understand this,
call 08133884165/ mail segzy54@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Wordpress Help by mavtrevor(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
omoelu1: hi to everyone in the house,
I recently upgraded my WordPress site to the las test version 4.0. and ever since then, WordPress no longer recognize my username.
it tells me "the username is not correct" and even my email as well.
anybody to help please?

Seems most people that encounter problems after the Wordpress 4.0 update are those that use iTheme Security and those that hid their dashboard login URL. Try copying your .htaccess file content to somewhere, then delete the file from your cPanel and see if you can login. When you have successfully logged in you can make your changes and return the .htaccess file content you copied.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Nairaland Credits For Sale / New Fresh Non Hosted Adsence Account For Sale / A Brother Want To Open A Web Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.