Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? (5963 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by PasD(m): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2014
Ok. This is an old Igbo puzzle often asked by our in-laws when we come to marry their daughters. The conversation often goes thus:

PROSPECTIVE SON IN-LAW: Papa, there is this beautiful bird I saw that flew into your compound and I've come to see if you can give it to me.

PROSPECTIVE FATHER IN-LAW: (understanding fully well what the young man meant) My son, I have a question for you first. If you were married and on a journey with your wife and mother on the same boat and the boat is to sink, and you have the chance to save only one person out of the two (your wife or your mother) which one would you safe?

The son in-law often looks sheepishly at his mother who is just sitting right besides him. And she gives him a 'am watching you' kind of look. He turns to the 'to be' wife who also gives him a 'special' look!

Funny enough, the question seem to have not gotten a direct answer since 'men where boys'.

So I ask you, fellow niralander, if you were in a sinking boat with your wife and mother and you have the chance to save one of them who would you pick?

A LITTLE ADVICE*
Be careful how you answer cos your wwife or mother might be a nairalander!
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by PasD(m): 8:43am On Sep 08, 2014
For me eh......mother no dey two ooo. But since my 'yet to be' wife is a nairalander too I really cannot say now who I would save first. But maybe from the comments below (If there will be any) I can make my choice!

EDITED
Kai..no one is saying sumtin acceptable by me. So what I will do is this...I will jump into the water and drown wt them! After I die, I will come out of the water and run away!
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 08, 2014
na my wife i go first save o. Just dont know why
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2014
ajibolabd: na my wife i go first save o. Just dont know why

shocked shocked shocked shocked awwww,really!!!!!
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by PasD(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2014
Kai.....your mummy dey NL? Where is ur mum cos she needs to see this! Kai
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Truth24(m): 9:40am On Sep 08, 2014
My Wife sha....

I'm not bad but would just wish mom don't die in d process
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by PasD(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2014
Both are drowning remember?
Truth24: My Wife sha....

I'm not bad but would just wish mom don't die in d process
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by derrick333(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2014
iwakolewa:

shocked shocked shocked shocked awwww,really!!!!!

. U surprise ?? Ajibola wil buy anoda moda ,as 4me I dnt pray4such,but she's stil wife2b n cn get anoda,but cnt gt anoda mum
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by derrick333(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2014
. U save ha,ur mum drawn,a week leta she jilted d relationship, grin cheesy
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Vikky014(f): 11:17am On Sep 08, 2014
if am d man i will save both.
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by tellwisdom: 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
I go save my mama, come push my wife inside the water well sad
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by tellwisdom: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
Vikky014: if am d man i will save both.

If you have big yansh, i can save you.sad
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by AriDsexy(f): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
tellwisdom: I go save my mama, come push my wife inside the water well sad
Ok,u really cracked me up with ur comment. cheesy
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by PasD(m): 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Your wife must have shown u perper!
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by usermane(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
The one easier to save.
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by tellwisdom: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
PasD: Your wife must have shown u perper!

I'm not married
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
My wife. And I leave my mother inside the water and tell her to call out to my brother to come and save her if she can. She loved him more than me.

1 Like

Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Haywhymido(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dis is really a hard one o. But one thing is permanent n 100% sure, mothers don't disown or divorce dia sons or dotas oo. Who knws wot d wife may do tomorrow?
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by PasD(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Awwwww! I can't say I knw that feelin but it must hav been hard 4u
pDude: My wife. And I leave my mother inside the water and tell her to call out to my brother to come and save her if she can. She loved him more than me.
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by Domwiz4all(m): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2014
My wife ofcus but d painful tin is dat am very sure she won't do Same if am in d Same situation. Dat does not mean I don't luv my mum, I luv her more dan any one can imagine
Re: If Both Were Drowning Who Would You Save First? Your Wife Or Mother? by reincarnation: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hahahaha just cant stop laughing. You are effin' hilarious.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nairalanders Lie So Much? / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me, And This Is Happening / Pretty Nigerian Lady Chased Out Of Shoprite For Wearing A Revealing Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.