Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army (4391 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? / Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Ewizard(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Na dat 'ofe mmanu' dey wan use stand attention??
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Twistaray(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Evergreen123:

See this one. Do yorubas strive to be educated more than any group?
NDA graduates scholars with B.Sc too,in addition to military training.
How many yorubas are in AC office?
Ma'am Ngozie,why don't u give us your counter source rather than screaming ur anger all over him.
That shud do.
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Twistaray(m): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ewizard: Na dat 'ofe mmanu' dey wan use stand attention??

Who is this thing? By the way what are u doing here if u as a person ain't seeking for attention.?
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Twistaray(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
Evergreen123:
I hope u are not putting the blame on the north?
Stop crying abt quota system.
Ur people and northerners signed that quota deal and misplaced merit since 1970.
Obviously we are ok with the north rather than Igbos with their BIG,fat mouth.
Cease interfering and face ur Akpu tribe Ngozie.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Twistaray:
Ma'am Ngozie,why don't u give us your counter source rather than screaming ur anger all over him.
That shud do.

Am not angry.
Was only saying that NDA is not what he thinks. They have bsc too
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Twistaray:

So y was he bemoaning the quota thing? Lol
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by nerodenero: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
...and you are brave.The military needs your bravery in the fight against terror more than ever before.
Tawis06: Because they are Cowards
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Twistaray(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
Evergreen123:

So y was he bemoaning the quota thing? Lol
Why don't you ask him,as what u read/see might not be what it is.
Isn't that simple to construe?
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Twistaray(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Evergreen123:

Am not angry.
Was only saying that NDA is not what he thinks. They have bsc too

Very well.
Anyways,welcome back to NL..lol
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Yoruba don't join the army because of what hapen to general ogundiya grin
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Twistaray(m): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
ANAMBRA11: Yoruba don't join the army because of what hapen to general ogundiya grin

Explore NL politics thread "OBJ son" and perhaps,just maybe u might choose to swallow your own words.
Or better still,since u are brave/family new faces are needed in the nigeria Army.
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Waspy(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tawis06: I'm a yoruba guy and I know my people,so pls dnt insult me
You know poo then angry
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 09, 2014
You re simply an omo ale. The Yoruba tribe is bigger than you and your family. Nonsense!
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 09, 2014
Twistaray:
Lolz! Akpu tribe indeed
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Calling the Yorubas cowards is a disrespect to the master of cowardice, ojuiku. nonsense. Op, be careful what you wish for. if you want to start a tribal war here, then be my guest.
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by hayoakins(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

See this one. Do yorubas strive to be educated more than any group?
NDA graduates scholars with B.Sc too,in addition to military training.
How many yorubas are in AC office?

The fact that Yorubas strive to be more academically inclined is evident, google is always available. I am not in for a debate.

Cheers!
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
hayoakins:

The fact that Yorubas strive to be more academically inclined is evident, google is always available. I am not in for a debate.

Cheers!
striving is different from achievement
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by hayoakins(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Evergreen123:
striving is different from achievement

...and over 90% of them do achieve the feat.
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Truth234(m): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2014

Obasonjo, Diya, Kayode etc are the soldiers that faced Sani Abacha, no single igbo soldier show or even talk. Mumu like you will be making noise, that they are cowards.

Hope you know who is Tunde Idiagbon. Dey there dey mumu
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Truth234(m): 1:15am On Sep 10, 2014
acenazt: bros me and u dey think alike,i neva c cowards lyk yoruba guys. even dem ladies get balls pass dem

Never seen coward like your tribe, how many of your tribal men stood up against abacha? No be the yoruba men plan coup?

Na coward dey plan coup?
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by acenazt: 1:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Truth234:

Never seen coward like your tribe, how many of your tribal men stood up against abacha? No be the yoruba men plan coup?

Na coward dey plan coup?
which tribe i be? na only yoruba don plot coup for Naija?
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Truth234(m): 1:42am On Sep 10, 2014
acenazt: which tribe i be? na only yoruba don plot coup for Naija?

Of course not but we all know what happened to Aguiyi-Ironsi wey try.

Since then no one from him tribe try am again. Truly Yoruba na coward. Mumus
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Tawis06(m): 2:24am On Sep 10, 2014
grin
Truth234:

Obasonjo, Diya, Kayode etc are the soldiers that faced Sani Abacha, no single igbo soldier show or even talk. Mumu like you will be making noise, that they are cowards.

Hope you know who is Tunde Idiagbon. Dey there dey mumu

grin
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by charles424(m): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2014
acenazt: bros me and u dey think alike,i neva c cowards lyk yoruba guys. even dem ladies get balls pass dem

The Yoruba people are not cowards and they are not fools like you and your forefathers, go and ask but we are the moving spirit of Nigeria..
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by acenazt: 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Truth234:

Of course not but we all know what happened to Aguiyi-Ironsi wey try.

Since then no one from him tribe try am again. Truly Yoruba na coward. Mumus
laff my eyes out. Yoruba Cowardice bad pass dog wey no dey house. If dem see wahala dem go tuck dem tails between dia legs pick race with maximum velocity.
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Truth234(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
acenazt: laff my eyes out. Yoruba Cowardice bad pass dog wey no dey house. If dem see wahala dem go tuck dem tails between dia legs pick race with maximum velocity.

Na Awolowo and Gowon stop your forefathers mumu war. Abi una get mind why una no dey rule nah?

Abi coup no dey? Oh sorry Yorubas are too smart, they will stop you again. Fool!
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by SpaceAngel: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Weep for this country. Bunch of fools
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by acenazt: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2014
[quote
author=Truth234]

Na Awolowo and Gowon stop your forefathers mumu war. Abi una get mind
why una no dey rule nah?

Abi coup no dey? Oh sorry Yorubas are too smart, they will stop you or
even kill you again. Fool![/quote]ore speak for your self. i am hausa.
yoruba men are so cowardly that even the ones with enough courage to
join d army get shot in the behind. now how on earth will a lt colonel be
shot in his nyash if he isn't running away or has the bh procured
weapons that can curve its bullet's trajectory?
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mcbussy:

The only reason why I'm posting on this thread is because u claim to be Yoruba...if truly u are Yoruba,then its because of illiterate urchins like you that ignorant goblins like the op say crap about other peoples tribes.

If you and d op are actually interested in knowledge, then you should learn the proper way to seek for it.

Go to a recruitment centre and u'll realise that the army,navy and air force select equal number of candidates for each state,every year. The funniest thing is that candidates from SW & SE usually score higher and are usually more qualified than candidates from northern states,but because of the quota system,equal numbers must be selected from each state regardless of performance.

na so una go dey tell lies any how just to feel valuable. Norrth is this, north is that! Its like you guys have a crush on the north shaaa.
Re: Why Yoruba's Dont Join The Nigerian Army by deb(m): 1:06am On Jun 11, 2016
funshyboi:
We fear a lot

You are wrong!

We have standard & will not rush in to join the military like so many O'level holders. Check the administrators in Airforce & Navy; loads of them are Yorubas. You can't be schooled so much and still be doing infantry with the Army.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!!!!!!!! ARCON and NIA are killing Architects in NIGERIA. / All About FERMA / I Need List Of Companies In Nigeria That Use Oracle Database Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.