Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,722 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? (1145 Views)

Sharon Oyakhilomes Celebrates Her 22nd Birthday Today / Cardinal Okojie Flown To India For Treatment / Emmanuel Eni,occult Grand Master Now In Christ Etc Confessions Are They True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by lolaxavier(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Speaking with a Vanguard reporter recently, Catholic Archbishop Emeritus of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Okogie, said the drama going on between Pastors Chris and Anita Oyakhilome is disturbing. He said when pastors refuse to honour the vows they took at the altar of God, what do they expect from the ordinary members of their congregation?
“When the going was good, they took vows on the altar of God to stay together in sickness and in health, until death do them part. They promise to make one another faithful partner in the presence of God, their family and friends and vow to be each other’s faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. (with their separation ) It shows that they cannot live by what they preach. The Bible says: ‘What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.’ So why are they putting asunder what the good Lord has joined together if they are men of God as they claim?”Okojie said
Asked what the development portrays for the Church of God, the cardinal replied with a question
“What Church are you talking about?. It is not good. Are they true pastors? Good shepherds of the Lord are expected to do everything to shepherd their flock including their spouses even when they err. If God forgave us in spite of our filth, why can any man who is truly called pastor not forgive any malfeasance?”
Okogie blamed the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, which registers every organization which goes about deceiving people in the name of church, noting that there are several “useless” institutions that have been registered churches which are currently painting the Church of God in bad light.

Source: Vanguard

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by kessel: 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sorry dear cardinal,if there is anybody whom i should listen to on God issues,its not you. Not after asking making me attend confirmation class for more dan 2yrs waiting for yo. to confirm me,cardinal not after condemning me
dancing for open thanksgiving after you finally agreed to end our over 2yrs of being in church every Saturday for confirmation class.sir i want to tell you that your very statement on that Sunday in Holy Family Catholic. Church, festac town lagos about 9yrs ago is still fresh in my head. Its not unforgiveness but i weep for other people whom you people has held bound with your religious practice.please sir i beg you, go and restudy d bible.i will rest my case here
Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by Bobby4090: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
It's not just the Cardinal thats asking this question, even me myself is asking same question, especially about Mr Chris. How does a man who call himself a pastor be encouraging/recommending mastuurbation AKA self service in the church. Is that what he has been doing everynight since the past 16 years that his wife wasnt around? Its funny. His wife and kids are away in London and he feels comfortable having several unclot single girls living with him in the same house an travelling with him to lodge in same hotel. Sometimes i ask, what manner of man or couple is this family. This divorce accusations have answered A alot of my questions.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
kessel: Sorry dear cardinal,if there is anybody whom i should listen to on God issues,its not you. Not after asking making me attend confirmation class for more dan 2yrs waiting for yo. to confirm me,cardinal not after condemning me
dancing for open thanksgiving after you finally agreed to end our over 2yrs of being in church every Saturday for confirmation class.sir i want to tell you that your very statement on that Sunday in Holy Family Catholic. Church, festac town lagos about 9yrs ago is still fresh in my head. Its not unforgiveness but i weep for other people whom you people has held bound with your religious practice.please sir i beg you, go and restudy d bible.i will rest my case here

Small wonder he refused to confirm you.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by lolaxavier(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
But there is some sense in what Cardinal is saying nah. He is just been sincere on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
That Niqqa should Shut the F-word Up,He Aint No Saint Neither..Fact has it that the most place where gay p.o.r.n is being view is the vatican!
Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: That Niqqa should Shut the F-word Up,He Aint No Saint Neither..Fact has it that the most place where gay p.o.r.n is being view is the vatican!

okogie isn't in the vatican... How come you are condemning the cadinal emeritus of lagos by what you claim happens in the vatican?
Re: Cardinal Okojie Speaks On Oyakhilomes, Says ‘are They True Pastors'? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ubenedictus:

okogie isn't in the vatican... How come you are condemning the cadinal emeritus of lagos by what you claim happens in the vatican?
Even my last born knows he isn't in vatican but that's where his (untouchable boss) stays *in jessica's voice MayBachMusic....so back to the issue,I just used vetican as a metaphor to describe the imperfection of where his bosses stays so he had better not talk 'tacos' on another man's flaw.

(1) (Reply)

The Secrete Of Sin And Serving God / . / 30 Powerful Prayer Points As Revealed By Pastor Enoch Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.