Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,887 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup (2116 Views)

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by ifyndy(f): 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Pls help out on hw to make afamg soup and nsala soup. Thanx
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by k4kenny(f): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
Na wa o. not a single reply. Ok lets start with afang soup. You'll need the following:
ukazi(afang) leaves about N200

water leaf, about N100(or ask for the quantity thatvwill be sufficient for the ukazi)

dried fish, crayfish, stock fish

cow/goat meat

periwinkle

palm oil

Cameroon pepper and spices

You can grind the shredded ukazi leaves in the market along with the Cameroon pepper and crayfish.
To prepare, boil meat and stock fish till tender. Add the onions and stock cubes and spices to taste. In a separate pot heat the palm oil, add the waterleaf and cook in the palm oil for a few minutes. You'll notice the leafs shrinking and the mixture getting watery. Add the pepper snd cook for another 10minutes. Then add dried fish and the meat you cooked earlier. Also add the periwinkle stock cubes and spices. Let it all cook together for another 10 minutes. Notice we're not adding water, the water leaf's has taken care of that's. If you notice the soup is getting too thick add the liquid you used in cooking the meat.

After the 10 minutes, you can add your grinded ukazi to the mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes or less. Add the beef stock if you notice the soup getting too thick. Don't cook the ukazi for too long. Voila! its ready to eat grin. Enjoy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by wesley80(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
More interested in the nsala.
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by izaray(f): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
I know how to prepare Ukazi soup, infact dat was wat i cooked dis wkend, can u enlighten us on how to prepare nsala? Tnks
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by foodiciary: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Ifyndy wanting to know how to prepare different kinds of Nigerian soups including Nsala? visit foodiciary .com to guide you.

But here is a link to Nsala soup http://foodiciary.com/2013/06/nsala-soup-white-soup/ enjoy!
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by leofab(f): 1:57am On Sep 21, 2014
ifyndy: Pls help out on hw to make afamg soup and nsala soup. Thanx
come oh, how many teeth do you have?
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by nickz(m): 2:02am On Sep 21, 2014
leofab: come oh, how many teeth do you have?
chai nairalanders and bad mouthgringrin

You just made me almost fall off my bed cheesy
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by nickz(m): 2:05am On Sep 21, 2014
izaray: I know how to prepare Ukazi soup
shocked shocked shocked *drooling*
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by ifyndy(f): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2014
leofab: come oh, how many teeth do you have?

Like 12 pls complete it for me.lolz

1 Like

Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by dechandel(f): 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nsala soup

Ingredients :
Chicken or catfish or goat meat.. Your choice
Dried fish
Utazi leaves
Raw white yam(for thickening the soup)
Pepper, salt, crayfish, maggi, chicken spices, kitchen glory
1) wash your chicken
Put the washed chicken into a pot of water
Add the seasoning and cook till its done..

2) cook and pound the white yam(just 4 pieces of yam will do)
Add crayfish,pepper and the utazi leaves, add the yam paste
Cover pot and allow the stuffs to cook..
While cooking, if you feel the yam paste is too thick for your soup, remove some of it( this depends on how thick you want your soup to be)
Add your dried fish lastly so it won't get piecesed in the soup.
Stir and allow the contents to cook

Enjoy with semo or pounded yam with chilled palm wine grin tongue
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
dechandel: Nsala soup

Ingredients :
Chicken or catfish or goat meat.. Your choice
Dried fish
Utazi leaves
Raw white yam(for thickening the soup)
Pepper, salt, crayfish, maggi, chicken spices, kitchen glory
1) wash your chicken
Put the washed chicken into a pot of water
Add the seasoning and cook till its done..

2) cook and pound the white yam(just 4 pieces of yam will do)
Add crayfish,pepper and the utazi leaves, add the yam paste
Cover pot and allow the stuffs to cook..
While cooking, if you feel the yam paste is too thick for your soup, remove some of it( this depends on how thick you want your soup to be)
Add your dried fish lastly so it won't get piecesed in the soup.
Stir and allow the contents to cook

Enjoy with semo or pounded yam with chilled palm wine grin tongue
me and my team are coming over to video u on our darling tv station .be prepared
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by dechandel(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Unibenstudent: me and my team are coming over to video u on our darling tv station .be prepared
Oh yea
Feel free
Re: Pls Tips On How To Cook Afang Soup N Nsala Soup by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
dechandel:
Oh yea
Feel free
hope u are not a person with stage/media freight

(1) (Reply)

Am I The Only One Who Feels Shoprite's Prices Are Going Up? / How To Make Spicy Chicken Peri Peri / Boiled Corn Or Roasted Corn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.