Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? (1606 Views)

Family: Why Is It That 90 Percent Prefer Their Mothers / Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude / A Thread For First Sons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by chinkichun: 6:13am On Sep 09, 2014
Maybe I'm not right about this, but it's my observation from some families I've met and mine too.

I come from a family with six kids, I'm the 2nd son and I have an elder brother. My mom is very nice and she loves all of us very much. Still, i always feel she has a stronger bond with my elder brother. Whenever the family is talking and she's asked "mom, which of your kids do you like most? " even before she answers, everyone will shout "Sam" (that's my elder brothers name) but she will always reply "I love you all equally" and yes, she loves us, cares for us and sacrifices a lot for us.

Another scenario is that of my cousin, she has 4 kids, I've stayed with them, and i still noticed this same thing, she loves all her kids but she's much more closer to the first son (first child).

Some people say it's because it's women's first experience of childbirth. Others say moms shower the first son with so much love so that he too can extend the same loving hand to his younger siblings.

I don't know if this also happens in the case where the first child is a girl.

Share your story, have you noticed this same phenomenon in your family or elsewhere? If yes, what are your thoughts about it?
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by thorpido(m): 6:20am On Sep 09, 2014
First sons are usually like their crown especially when it's a first born except that child turns into a rebel.
It's usually not like that with first daughters.A lot of times they are even cat and mouse.
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by lirusehn(m): 6:55am On Sep 09, 2014
#TeamMumPreferzAllHerChildren undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by Uchwilliam(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2014
Firstborns are lik first lovers.they are first nd only child b4 odas came.thereby 1st son nd mum has bond nd it sticks b4 oda kids cum.
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by egopersonified(f): 7:47am On Sep 09, 2014
Apart from the love a mother has for all her kids, the first son always shows more maturity even at a tender age when compared to others, so she sees him as someone dependable and reliable. The child also learns to adjust faster to his parents rules, demands, chores, emotions, etc as he arrived first. And becos we are all crazy about our first child, parents put in more effort to educate and nurture him, unlike when the 2nd and 3rd arrive as a result of less free time. #just my own little experience#. Its not that parents love the first more, its just that they connect to him as another 'adult' in the family. 'Everybody Hates Chris' comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by Kanwulia: 8:07am On Sep 09, 2014
Because they are less emotionally fragile. kiss
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by MabraO: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2014
Y do I feel different about y'all contributions

1 Like

Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by Haywhymido(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
U maybe rite
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by komek(m): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
It is because they see us as their second husbands.
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
komek: It is because they see us as their second husbands.
and pillars of the home incase dad is not around
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by mirajune: 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Because the first son is like the 'better' side of their husband that has changed since they got married. (Just kidding). Let me ask my mum why she prefer and always support my senior bro. Be right back......
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by komek(m): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
grin no be lie
lofty900: and pillars of the home incase dad is not around
Re: Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? by chinkichun: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
mirajune: Because the first son is like the 'better' side of their husband that has changed since they got married. (Just kidding). Let me ask my mum why she prefer and always support my senior bro. Be right back......

Lol... We are waiting for you smiley.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Pretend About Sex (season 1) / 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage / 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.