Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

A Thread For First Sons. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For First Sons. (1304 Views)

Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude / Why Do Moms Prefer Their First Sons? / Must First Sons Marry From Their Tribe Or Ethnic Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For First Sons. by mentorandfriend(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
I'm the first son in my family. It really can be fun. My uncles and aunts accord me so much repect that sometimes it puts me off; but I like it though. They call me to sit in meetings of the elders in the clan, and I have a word on any family decision, as young as I am. So are you the first son in your family? What are the responsibilities required of you in the family? What priviledges do you get to enjoy? ANY SPECIAL THING ABOUT THE FIRST SON IN YOUR TRIBE? Do you sometimes wish you were not the first son in the family? This is a fun and edutainment thread. Derailers, please keep off. Thank you.
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by mentorandfriend(m): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
Mods, pls do the needful for me. This is weekend. Edutainment things. Thank you.
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by DankemzI(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
Am a first Son, 2nd to last born in a family 5. No special priviledge
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by mentorandfriend(m): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
DankemzI: Am a first Son, 2nd to last born in a family 5. No special priviledge
Serious? Cant believe it.
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by nzeobi(m): 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
Am the first and only son but the thing is people keep reminding you of it and it gets boring.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by ernie4life(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
am the first son and to be honest it's not easy because the younger ones are looking to me so am expected lead by example, but I won't deny the fact that I have been highly favoured. but still e no easy, I don't know if any other person is in same shoes with me!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by orlaryhincah(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
First son here too, Laying a good example to my junior ones is the motive.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by dejt4u(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
m d 1st son of my family nd i have 5elder sisters.. The 1st born is 10years older than me.. So who am i to debate issues with her nd the rest of them..but now that m a man(yea, a full grown man), all of them do accord me respect...they cant talk to me anyhow now(mayb its because all of them are married now)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by AbuMikey(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
Signing in sha.

With 3 elder sisters.
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
**strolls in with swagga smiley
First of two boys...Too many special previleges o, my brother too dey jealous me sef....buh he's a cool guy sha...we are treated equally most of the times nd some people mistake us for twins on sooo many occasions.
It feels good being the head of the family smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
Everybody expects me to be responsible.... na stress

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
njokusboy: Everybody expects me to be responsible.... na stress
Abi Oooo cool cool cool
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by egopersonified(f): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
Abeg, being first son is stressful, my husband is and since their parents are late, every family decision, action or inaction lies on his head. Even when he is thousands of miles away, no rest from family wahala. It even affects me too, other wives can come and enjoy every occasion, but me must join organisers' association. Sometimes I have to feign sickness. Abeg, make them still dey give my guy breathing space sometimes.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For First Sons. by mentorandfriend(m): 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
jimmy4x: **strolls in with swagga smiley
First of two boys...Too many special previleges o, my brother too dey jealous me sef....buh he's a cool guy sha...we are treated equally most of the times nd some people mistake us for twins on sooo many occasions.
It feels good being the head of the family smiley
You're the main man.
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
First, last and only son cool

it's not easy in the slightest.

But it feels good sometimes knowing that you are important.

The responsibility sha.... Everyone expects you to be without fault.

All in all, it has it's good and not so good sides cool smiley
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by dre11(m): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
First son and more responsibility

It's makes one grow its age fast
Re: A Thread For First Sons. by gidjah(m): 3:09am On Nov 08, 2014
I GREW old fast because i carried every one's load in d family,i am always under pressure to meet d needs of my younger ones,even till date,work of load carrying never finish sef!bin the first ,eno easy o!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO:The Epic Response He Gave When She Asked Him To Leave / Pls Be The Judge To This / My Husband Is Living With His Mother. help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.