Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Need An Answer. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Need An Answer. (591 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Answer. by Nuahall2k14(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2014
Friends made in secondary school and those made in university which of them do u think stand the test of time?...I am asking this because i met my best friend back then in secondary school in NYSC camp d other day,we just said hi and went our various ways.there was no connection whatsoever.this was a guy who was my sit-partner for Six years.sincé that time i have been thinking about d above question.
Re: I Need An Answer. by perry2020(f): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2014
None. people change and upgrade,most forget where they are coming from.
Re: I Need An Answer. by Nuahall2k14(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2014
I know some people that went on to marry théir high school swthearts..didnt those two also upgrade? @perry
Re: I Need An Answer. by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 09, 2014
For me its the secondary school friends and even primary ie if you end up in the same secondary school. There you make real friends especially in the boarding school where you can't hide who you really are unlike the tertiary level.
Was he really your best friend or was just a seat partner? May be he is one of those people for whom out of sight is out of mind or he didn't value or cherish the time you spent together..

I met a seconday school classmate 3weeks ago in Lagos. I was staying at my cousins' place in lekki. One evening,we went to KFC and right there I met this old friend of mine. You need to see the way we jumped on eachother and spent over one minute saying 'is this you?its a lie' lol cheesy
She didn't let me go with my cousins but took me to her father's house. You won't belive I spent 2days there catching up on old times,gisting ,shopping and she also took me to other old friends who also stay in Lekki and it was indeed a wonderful reunion.
Don't think I miss any of my course mate in the university but I cried a lot the day I left FGGC Osha but thank God for technology especially facebook.
In secondary school we know ourselves by our names and hardly one calls your name without your surname unlike tertiary institutions where most of us know each other by Reg.No undecided

Nuahall2k14: Friends made in secondary school and those made in university which of them do u think stand the test of time?...I am asking this because i met my best friend back then in secondary school in NYSC camp d other day,we just said hi and went our various ways.there was no connection whatsoever.this was a guy who was my sit-partner for Six years.sincé that time i have been thinking about d above question.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chogon Cleaning And Maintenance Services / Mr/miss Culture Akwa Ibom 2015 Pageant / What Is This Local Fruit Called In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.