Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim (2199 Views)

Pope Francis Declares Fornication No Longer A Sin / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / Be Glad!ogaga4luv Is Now A Christian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by Akindarchi(m): 6:34am On Sep 10, 2014
macof:

Pls why does seun allow mad men on nairaland??

Truth be told this sounds just like the response the pharisees would have given to Jesus when he preached to them...just saying. not saying I agree with mr president though. grin mr president (it feels funny typing that)
lovaleenny: Op whatever floats ur boat...christains to deir own...muslims to their own...atheists to their own and so on...problems only arise if ppl don't accept their differences. Nigerians can like to shove their beliefs down on ppls throats undecided
Have got frnds who r atheists,christains,muslims and we get along very well. For those claiming RELIGION is d issue...hate to break it to you but if GOD doesn't exist ppl will still wage war on each other. ..they'll find something little dt shouldn't be blown out of proportion as a reason or excuse to fight,kill and commit all sorts of atrocities. The day people start to learn how to accommodate each other and find a common ground that's the day the world might know peace.
Am proud to be a muslim and I stand by my decision to continue to be one...I don't hate on ppl of different beliefs and I can bet my life on it that all dose psychos out dere claiming dey r killing for Allah aren't muslims and neither do they practice islam...so like I said "OP" whatever floats ur boat but don't try to capsize another's!
Hate to say this, but belief you me, there are some crazy muslims out there who really are the real deal killing in the name of God and all that. Of course whaat they are doing is wrong and not endorsed by anyone but themselves, but these Christians here won't hear that, so that's that about that. I saw a statistical analysis showing that muslims account for a whole 6% of terrorism worldwide, and I was like REALLY?! Muslims account for 100% of it on the news, why all the emphasis?

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by malvisguy212: 7:41am On Sep 10, 2014
macof:

Words of Jesus ..."do not think I came for peace, I came to bring violence, and cause a father against son, mother against daughter, families against each other"
this prophecy is being fulfilled, today we see mother hate daughter because she accept jesus, because of jesus a family is at war because one of them convert to christianity.
Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by JesusisLord85: 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
MrPresident1:

With the bolded and italicised above, now I know that you have lost it!
Deuteronomy 4:2
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Shdemidemi why are you so deathly afraid of what you have never read in your entire life?
Open the Bible and READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

PS:
This is the verse you misquote;
Romans 15:4
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

They are written for our learning, that through patience and comfort of the scriptures we might have hope.

Shdemidemi, read and free yourself. Throw away the iron yoke of slavery on your neck!

Loool. The gentleman quoted some funny version for me this evening, I almost fell off my bed with laughter.

Truth be told, all one can do is pray for him. >50% of my threads are inspired by him challenging me to explain certain things.

Better to spend it on those who might hear and understand
Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by Babacele: 1:06am On Apr 23, 2019
rinrin23:
Very interesting and informative write-up. I too share your disapproval of Islamic radicals, and all religious extremists.

However I don't see why you should stop being sympathetic for the loss of innocent lives simply because they happen to be of the same religious affiliation of the extremists on another side of the world.

You forget that Christianity wasn't always a religion of peace, and if christians weren't always choosing parts of the bible they want to follow, it would still be a violent religion.

I see no difference between the god of Islam and the god of the Torah/Old testament. Abraham was willingly going to kill his son simply because his god told him to. So hows that any different from what BH and ISIS are doing. So if you can say Christianity is a religion of peace, then so can moslems.

So many atrocities have been committed in the name of religion, not just Islam and Christianity but others too. The common denominator here is religion. IF we solve that problem, everything else will fall into place.

bitter truth. once told a guy who authoritatively said Muslims would go to hell because of sharia to shut up! Moses ,long before Christ, practised Sharia e.g by instituting the stoning of women caught in adultery but claimed it was from God . Only God knows how many had suffered that painful injustice before Christ came and diplomatically denied it by the ' let he without sin be the first to cast the stone' caveat.

If God could wait and send Christ to correct the decades long sharia , then he can also wait to 'save' Islam at his own time which makes any human judgements or conclusions invalid.
Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by rinrin23(f): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Babacele:
bitter truth. once told a guy who authoritatively said Muslims would go to hell because of sharia to shut up! Moses ,long before Christ, practised Sharia e.g by instituting the stoning of women caught in adultery but claimed it was from God . Only God knows how many had suffered that painful injustice before Christ came and diplomatically denied it by the ' let he without sin be the first to cast the stone' caveat.

If God could wait and send Christ to correct the decades long sharia , then he can also wait to 'save' Islam at his own time which makes any human judgements or conclusions invalid.

Agreed

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by Babacele: 3:57am On Apr 24, 2019
rinrin23:

Agreed
but not an excuse for radical Islamism anyway....
Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by rinrin23(f): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2019
Babacele:
but not an excuse for radical Islamism anyway....

Of course there should never be an excuse for religious extremism

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad I Am No Longer A Muslim by Babacele: 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
rinrin23:

Of course there should never be an excuse for religious extremism
absolutely. Any philosophy that is not democratic in its preachments, ideals and approach could be inimical to humanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evils of The Evolution Theory / What Does The Future Hold For Israel? / Celebrate With Me. I Just Got A Scholarship From David Ibiyeomie Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.