Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Okrika Clothes Versus New Clothes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Okrika Clothes Versus New Clothes (815 Views)

Why Do You Buy And Wear Okrika Clothes? / Why Are Second-hand Clothes Called Okrika In Nigeria / Check Out The New Clothes In Town "My Oga At Top Tshirt Is Out" (see Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okrika Clothes Versus New Clothes by EndtimeBlessing: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Because Dress my child sells new clothes, the temptation to write off Okrika clothes for new ones is very high for me but I won’t succumb. Knowing the Nigerian market, understanding the demographic and following the trend is important here.

Firstly, family budgets are based on family income implying most of those that buy Okrika clothes can barely afford to buy new ones. There are also those that argue they will rather buy Okrika for their children to save money or because it has better quality than the Chinese mass produced newer once. While this sounds reasonable, it only partially true.

What is absolutely true is that every quality Okrika clothe has been first used by somebody and that person is not necessarily broke. Also, there is a growing population of Nigerian middle class and upper middle class in Lagos and other cities and there is a growing demand for new children’s clothe at least by our own statistics. We believe this new demand is rather due to economic trend and not so much of our marketing effort. It should be noted that increased prosperity always increases options and opting for new top branded children’s clothes at such time becomes effortlessly probable.
source: http://www.dressmychild.com/2014/09/okrika-clothes-versus-new/

(1) (Reply)

Put Your Picture On The Scarf You Wear, Is It Cool? / Oasis Plus Size Calls Retailers To Purchase Wholesale Plus Size Activewear Women / 10.80 Cts Diamond Chain Necklace 18kt White Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.