Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Destiny - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Destiny (1685 Views)

Destiny The Taken King / "You Are My Destiny And You Will Be My Final Fantasy ..." / Any Destiny Players? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destiny by cao(f): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
So, Destiny is officially out. So any fans? Here's how I summed it up. It feels odd that I'm about to quote myself, but here goes...

To the owners: Enjoy your adventure.

To significant others, friends and families, who don’t understand: Enjoy the alienation and/or newly found freedom.

To their bosses: Prepare for sick days.

To significant others, friends and families, who understand: Enjoy.

To the future owners: Patiently wait for the prices to come down.

To those with terrible internet connection: We are sorry for your loss.

To everyone else: Continue living your lives.

http://eaglon.net/2014/09/09/destiny/

1 Like

Re: Destiny by 25omega(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
i played the alpha of that game and i also have the beta on my ps4 that i haven't played because i have a life. i might pick it up after i watch the game play videos on youtube
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
To be honest, they lost me at first person, then they failed to find me at online...but, it looks like one of those games I'll enjoy to watch, when being played.
Re: Destiny by rezy15(m): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Cyberbunk gaming network is a real time community where we swap ideas, advertise games, make game sales. Need to chip or jailbreak ur console to play without cds? This is the place. Add us on whatsapp on 08032842923.
Re: Destiny by 25omega(m): 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
cao: To be honest, they lost me at first person, then they failed to find me at online...but, it looks like one of those games I'll enjoy to watch, when being played.
The question is did you ever play halo? if you did then expect sort of the same theme. If not, then try halo. its fun. Where do you game from? in in the states. my psn id: blue25omega
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
I'm not a fan of FP games, stopped playing them a long time ago. I play from UK (although my DNS servers say US - I really wanted to use Crackle).
Re: Destiny by 25omega(m): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
since you dont play fps, what do you play?
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mostly action-adventure, hack & slash, beat 'em up games. Play sports games sometimes.
Re: Destiny by Flawlessangel(m): 12:54am On Sep 10, 2014
The game of the year is here............and ada, we are dsame , i dont like fps , but plz give dis a try, it rocks
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Not looking good, disappointment seems to be the reigning word for it...

Destiny review: Final verdict on most expensive video game ever made is a disappointing lack of ambition

Destiny is a disappointment. There are plenty of ways to sugar coat that fact, the most obvious by pointing out that it is still a good game in its own right, but despite its many positives Destiny is not some great step forward in video game design or technology. What it does it does well, but it’s discouraging just how obvious its lack of ambition and variety becomes.

The first impressions of Destiny are very good, as anyone that played the alpha and beta will tell you. And certainly after our first day with the game we were very impressed, despite the litany of obvious problems that we listed in our initial report. But as time has gone on, and our progress into the game has deepened, those problems have inevitably become more damaging, and the initial thrill a more distant memory.
In Short: It’s not short of spectacle but in terms of innovation and variety this is nowhere near as forward-thinking as Bungie would like to pretend.

Pros: The gunplay and loot design is expertly crafted to keep you playing. Fantastic art design and music, with some stunning visuals. Mountains of content and great co-op.

Cons: Repetitive enemies, non-existent set pieces, and terrible bosses. No new ideas and overly simplistic role-playing and customisation elements. Almost zero plot.

Score: 7/10

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/12/destiny-review-the-final-verdict-4866002/
Re: Destiny by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
cao: Mostly action-adventure, hack & slash, beat 'em up games. Play sports games sometimes.

Got PSN? My ID is Qoigord
Re: Destiny by ebuksama(m): 12:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Who is on psn my ID is buksbaba. smiley
Re: Destiny by ebuksama(m): 12:24am On Sep 19, 2014
Where can I buy PlayStation plus subscription in Nigeria abeg I've been looking for dat thing since
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
Qoigord:

Got PSN? My ID is Qoigord

Dude, not signed in 2 or more years?! How the heck did you accept my request? Sweet sweet magic...
Re: Destiny by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
cao:

Dude, not signed in 2 or more years?! How the heck did you accept my request? Sweet sweet magic...

AdobisII?
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
Qoigord:

AdobisII?
Yup.
Re: Destiny by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 10, 2014
cao:

Yup.

Lots of bronze trophies there lol!
Re: Destiny by cao(f): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2014
Qoigord:

Lots of bronze trophies there lol!

Some games are really stingy.

(1) (Reply)

Game Centres In Ibadan? / God Of War 4: Another Milestone In Gaming History! / EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.