Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" (34194 Views)

Lagos Driver Brutally Beaten By A Policeman For Scratching A Car (photos) / Mobile Policeman On The Lose / Photo Of A Drunk Nigerian Policeman On Duty (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by msmon(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2014
Bail is FREE!
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Tymax(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2014
CharlieMaria: I hate police men with passion. undecided
As in eh! You no hate them reach me. angry
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by lionduke(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: Nonsense!! How much did fp achieve ‎u Mumu of d highest oder undecided
on top my headache, you dey drink panadol.
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Amosiye: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2014
No mind dem. Changing dier uniform will not even solve dier problem, remove the bad image from them Or give dem respect . In less than 3 years dem don bring out 2 other new uniforms. Wethere dey call it official non official or bribery regalia or wateve, na dem know. All I know is dat the image of nigerian police force is stained already. No one can clean d stain dey can only mk it blurred. Kuddles to d former igp.
priscaoge: Hahahha...Some comments here makes me wanna pee on my 'Victoria Secret' panttonguetongue..Omo some police officers are devil incarnate I swearcheesygringrin, is their uniform affecting their brain? Because anything black is darknesscheesycheesycheesy
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by fyneboi79(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2014
VocalWalls: Okay

But OP, can a corps member, NYSC, use the 'Espirit de corps' language?
Of course yes.Its more of a paramilitary service for that period ‎u r in uniform. ASP or second lieutenant rank.
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by SStoneCCold: 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
arsetalks: Good read. However about this this?

Na so we drag am till the iidiot took me to the police station, even answered my call after forcefully taking my phone and managed to make my now late fiancee scared before the DPO who I happen to know asked him to leave me.

May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Ekundayo7: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
arsetalks: Good read. However about this this?

I was coming from inside a UBA bank. A man stopped me branding his police ID card to my face wanting to know where I am coming from ( he saw me coming from inside a bank).

Me - I am coming from UBA.

Police - what did you go to do in a bank?

Me - I went to buy beans, you can go and buy some if you need.

Police - you are bla bla bla. Follow me to the station.

Me - why should you ask me what I went to do in a bank, do I look like a kid to you? Why should I go to the station with you, am I under arrest or what?

Police - you are under arrest.

Me - where is your arrest warrant or do you just pick anyone coming from the bank to arrest?

Police - I will slap you if you talk again?

Me - Slap me and show me how much of a coward you are and be ready for a bigger slap.

The idiiot thought I was a Yahoo boy as it is obvious he saw me collecting Western union.

Na so we drag am till the iidiot took me to the police station, even answered my call after forcefully taking my phone and managed to make my now late fiancee scared before the DPO who I happen to know asked him to leave me.

If people are rude to them, it is because a good number of them are clue.less about their own job. How is going to a bank or collecting western union a bad thing?
Because you are then set up as easy target and didn't dash your "protection" waiting outside o
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by goodygirl1(f): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2014
#coughs#....policepolice....ur friend indeed!!!
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Anywhere you go, anytime, the presence of a police man causes not security but anxiety in the mind of an average nigerian.. That's pitiable.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by nickz(m): 8:06am On Sep 10, 2014
this thread made me remember this video grin grin cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2O7PZFJmOo

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Amosiye: 8:15am On Sep 10, 2014
Shame

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 10, 2014
grin The easiest way to get away from a police stop and search interrogation is to immediately ask for directions to a place, feigning you're a visitor.. It has worked many times for me.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Mention(m): 8:22am On Sep 10, 2014
The police can only be your friend if your pocket is friendly..
If you are the learned man and rights activist, then be sure to always meet an enemy each time you approach a checkpoint!
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Mention(m): 8:23am On Sep 10, 2014
wordsbase: grin The easiest way to get away from a police stop and search interrogation is to immediately ask for directions to a place, feigning you're a visitor.. It has worked many times for me.
Badoo
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by jujunaty(m): 8:26am On Sep 10, 2014
lionduke: “Police is your friend,” an officer would proudly say.

“2. USE, MISUSE, AND ABUSE OF ‘ESPRIT DE CORPS’

You, a bloody civilian, just blurt out those words ‘Esprit de Corp’ once we flag you
down. You are not a police officer. Neither are you in the navy, army, or air force.

Copyright 2014 The Cable.

www.thecable.ng
see this poster oh... you said bloody civilian. who said the police is not a civilian too. If you are not of the army, navy, airforce or DSS, that works under the director of military intelligence, then you are equally a bloody civilian. Mr poster of this thread if I catch you, na 5000 pushups for you and the inspector on the road. Go and learn your police norms and ethics. YOU ARE ALSO A BLOODY CIVILIAN! DSS says SO cool
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by phibah: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2014
lionduke: my topic on front page. Chisos igwe!!! Thank you uncle seun, Thank you MTN and to priscaoge, I believe in your government.
What's chisos.....do not take the name of the Lord your God in vain..
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by bdek(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2014
CharlieMaria: I hate police men with passion. undecided

As a Naija proper ,we dont like to obey law,why will u like policeman
Edited version,police na useless ppl if u see wetin eye suffer during weekend if not for connection from OGA @ the TOP ,i for no fit edit this page now.
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by priscaoge(f): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2014
lionduke: my topic on front page. Chisos igwe!!! Thank you uncle seun, Thank you MTN and to priscaoge, I believe in your government.
Congrats Brogrin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by priscaoge(f): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: Nonsense!! How much did fp achieve ‎u Mumu of d highest oder undecided
Haba that's too harsh broundecided,that was only a joke+ d dude is happy as well. Can't someone joke or be happy again? It's too early 4 d insults.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by hansad: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2014
What Provoked this Born To Rule Policeman mercilessly beating Omolara in Lagos, in the presence of a large Lagos crowd?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203618894332063&fref=nf
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by CharlieMaria(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2014
bdek:

As a Naija proper ,we dont like to obey law,why will u like policeman
Just one word for you: you have not encountered a police man. If you do come back and let's talk.
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Sammyblaq(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2014
Taaaaaa! Nooooo! Ojó cant be my friend. Those claiming that they are friends gats believe it one day. Just wait 'one day'
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by tosingcfr(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Police hate it when you are stopped,yet you are still "blasting" the music while they are working under the hot sun
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by bigtt76(f): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2014
Hahaha ...like seriously ...this just made my day grin

lokito: They are not our friends jare.

One angry Army man asked my friend a simple question, my friend was like "I know my right and i...." Army hausa man didn't allow him finish his statement, see many many slaps like seven-in-one knockout (banger) sound.

Furious Army man shouts at him "you see those 500 blocks across this gutter carry all of them cross over back here now"
Politely my friend started carrying the blocks.

One hour later, The Army commandant was driving past and saw my friend, who happens to be his Lawyer carrying blocks. Commandant scolds Army man seriously then turns to my friend and asks "my brother don't be angry please, how many blocks have you carried so far?"
My friend says 300 blocks. Commandant says "don't mind that fool, take the 300 blocks back" LOL!!!

You see, POLICE oh, Army oh none of them is our friends at all
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Sammyblaq(m): 9:05am On Sep 10, 2014
2006 - there is this day i got stranded in a town around PM(past meridian) ...my battery flat, my wallet lost, physical-cash low.
I sited a police station, went in reported my case; u know wat got 'locked up'.... A police woman intervened after 2hrs...... *plate B loading*

imagine such happening....Fvck Police
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Dreyl(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2014
I hate policemen.
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by mujiboy(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2014
Police is your friend,but Nigeria police isn't your friend. Don't get it twisted
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by san316(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2014
Ok, civilians cannot use espirit de corps abi? No be together we(police & civilians) dey dive enter bush if unknown gunmen appear. We have thesame spirit joor, SURVIVAL!!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Gentlebabs(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Sometime in 2012, I was driving to Unilag for an exam which I was already late for. Before I negotiated 'Oja', I'm my quest to get to the hall quickly, I entered "That Lane" that most people still do not know is ONE - WAY. It took a passer - by whom I did not even know his face to hulla "One way - One Way" for me to realise and suddenly began to re - negotiate the road, but it was too late. The officers on duty quickly used "Okada", blocked me like they have been waiting for me to breach the law. Immediately I saw them, I removed my car key and gave it to them, acknowledging guilt & told them there is no ignorance in law. Fortunately for me, I know the Sign - calls from A - Z. As a Marketer, i addressed the officer that approached using his name tag "Uniform Charlie Hotel Echo". He looked at me & asked me to identify myself; for which I told him with a smile "I am a bloody civilian". With my car key in his hand, he looked at me in depth and said, "Chai! If not for your humility?. Just show us love". Unfortunately, I had just about #400 after buying fuel. I appealed to him that I am not buoyant at the moment, he should please forgive. He did, I left for my exam without paying a dime for an offence that is not less than #............. (You know how much you paid when you were caught).

Morale: Police is your friend. If you see them as your friend, you will be courteous in your approach and response. Who knows, it could be a win - win situation for you. This strategy still works for me like the talisman of India. Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2014
Those black fools aren't our friends at all, if i were the President of this country i will scrap the police force; they are our biggest problem in this country
Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Gentlebabs(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2014
The next time a Policeman stops you, You say "Good morning Mr. Uche, How is your family". Knowing you present or actually care a little could melt any purported ulterior motive. You - lol get a better result when you try to call him using his sign call. Hence I have decided to make it available to those who are not acquainted with it (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Gambia, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Serial, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whisky, Xerox, Yankee & Zulu).

Try spelling your name using this sign calls. Mine is: Bravo Alpha Bravo (Babs). Signing out. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" by Gentlebabs(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Adetayo100: Those black fools aren't our friends at all, if i were the President of this country i will scrap the police force; they are our biggest problem in this country
Should the Police proceed on indefinite strike around your locality, will you stay there for another week? Honestly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Crushes 6 Persons To Death In Ogun State / Owl Caught In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / Biography Of Pretty Nollywood Actress Helen Enado Odigie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.