Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. (754 Views)

I Will Become A Christian If..... / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Are You A Christian If You Don't Believe Every Bible Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by alexleo(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Is giving to God restricted to giving to our pastors and church?

A look at Matthew 25:34-46 gives gives another perspective on how to give to God.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Its worrisome to see some people give hundreds of thosands of naira to our pastors while neglecting the least of the brethren who is in need of just 10,000 naira. The least of the brethren who has no money to pay for his school fees.

We dash out new cars to pastor who already has several flashy cars in his garage while neglecting the least of the brethren who might need a fairly used car for cab business.

We have several estates on rent yet we can't dedicate one of our estates or building to habour the least of the brethren who don't have shelter.

We eat and waste food in our houses while the least of the brethren has nothing to eat.

Jesus said, when you don't do this to the least of the brethren, you are not doing it for me. Would you like to please Christ or to please your church/pastor? May God help us to give as Christ instructed us. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
Trust me you lose nothing at all.

Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by Ramon92: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
alexleo: Is giving to God restricted to giving to our pastors and church?

A look at Matthew 25:34-46 gives gives another perspective on how to give to God.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Its worrisome to see some people give hundreds of thosands of naira to our pastors while neglecting the least of the brethren who is in need of just 10,000 naira. The least of the brethren who has no money to pay for his school fees.

We dash out new cars to pastor who already has several flashy cars in his garage while neglecting the least of the brethren who might need a fairly used car for cab business.

We have several estates on rent yet we can't dedicate one of our estates or building to habour the least of the brethren who don't have shelter.

We eat and waste food in our houses while the least of the brethren has nothing to eat.

Jesus said, when you don't do this to the least of the brethren, you are not doing it for me. Would you like to please Christ or to please your church/pastor? May God help us to give as Christ instructed us. Amen.
in all seriousness, I'm dead broke. Can you help??
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by alexleo(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness: Trust me you lose nothing at all.

Be wise.

How do you mean?
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by alexleo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ramon92: in all seriousness, I'm dead broke. Can you help??

Your signature shows you are a mocker. You cant be taken seriously.
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by Ramon92: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2014
alexleo:

Your signature shows you are a mocker. You cant be taken seriously.
is that supposed to be an excuse?? Christ surely won't be pleased with you.. Love is supposed to be shown more to an unbeliever like me.. So surprise me...
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by alexleo(m): 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ramon92: is that supposed to be an excuse?? Christ surely won't be pleased with you.. Love is supposed to be shown more to an unbeliever like me.. So surprise me...

I'm already playing my part in my little corner by the grace of God. Christ did not say it is you in particular that I must do it to. Those other people are human beings in need too.

How many people have you ever shared the little one you had with? Its an all encompassing instruction not isalated to one set of people.

Your mockery gives you joy and satisfaction so continue with it.
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by Ramon92: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
alexleo:

I'm already playing my part in my little corner by the grace of God. Christ did not say it is you in particular that I must do it to. Those other people are human beings in need too.

How many people have you ever shared the little one you had with? Its an all encompassing instruction not isalated to one set of people.

Your mockery gives you joy and satisfaction so continue with it.
thanks bro..may what you serve continue to bless you...
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by alexleo(m): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
James 4;17- Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
Re: As A Christian, If You Don't Give, You Are Missing It Big Time. by alexleo(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Ramon92: thanks bro..may what you serve continue to bless you...

Thanks. I serve the almighty God.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Three Feared Dead In Benin City As CCCGM Building Collapses / What Man Of God Is Pastorchris Oyakhilome? - Femi Aribisala / South Africans, Thanduxolo Doro And Mpho Molebatsi, Who Both Lost Their Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.