Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. (5202 Views)

What Do You Think About This Bmw. Epic Rice ;d ;d ;d / Can Someone Please Give Us More Details: I Saw This BMW GT In Traffic Today / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Fulaman198(m): 8:19am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Fulaman198(m): 8:20am On Sep 11, 2014
yungboss:
a car that has hp from 240bhp up to 321bhp...all the e36 m3 would be faster than the 2007 Camry V6...
wait till I get the e36 evolution, then we'll see on special invitation. It'll be a contest for fund raising for Charity...

I will probably change my car to a newer Audi S4 in about 2 years.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by yungboss(m): 8:27am On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198:

I will probably change my car to a newer Audi S4 in about 2 years.
better for you...
hope you do realize your source itself, is sourced from various sources...read the disclaimer. Do you accept my offer, to raise funds for charity. The e36 m3 vs 2007 Camry v6. Stock cars?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Lexusgs430: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2014
The OP is probably more confused now, after all this arguments !!!!!
Order ................................

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG: Assuming, and only assuming that it is running and driving under it's own power and needs nothing other than the cosmetics then I think it's worth it for $2,500

Out here you'll get this for around $1,000, plus my fees of $500, plus shipping of $2,000 equals $3,500 and then you'll add clearing and registration.

So yes if you like the car then the value is there.

Good luck.

PS: Put an M3 bumper.

Shipping of $2000! shocked is it coming by flight from the moon?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by yungboss(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Lexusgs430: The OP is probably more confused now, after all this arguments !!!!!
I'm sorry,and to the Op too. Negative comments were already being made so I had to highlight the value of some good about the car. After reading all these he would make a better informed decision. I'm not against negative comments though, they form a part of many areas to consider too.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 11, 2014
@lomomike please edit the thread.......
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Inception(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG: Assuming, and only assuming that it is running and driving under it's own power and needs nothing other than the cosmetics then I think it's worth it for $2,500

Out here you'll get this for around $1,000, plus my fees of $500, plus shipping of $2,000 equals $3,500 and then you'll add clearing and registration.

So yes if you like the car then the value is there.

Good luck.

PS: Put an M3 bumper.

Ban alert! grin
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Mist100: Am considering buying this car for 400k (Its either a 2000 or 2001 model). I would love your opinions on maintenance. Response please.

Oga rest easy...hold on...save your money I think you should be able to get a toks for 600k.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by yungboss(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2014
smartchoice:

Oga rest easy...hold on...save your money I think you should be able to get a toks for 600k.
good advice too. I should have said it earlier.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198: I would not pay that much for an E36. The car is too old.

But you'd gladly part with 470k for a '98 camry? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
smartchoice:

Shipping of $2000! shocked is it coming by flight from the moon?

Yes it's being delivered by the space shuttle.

I don't live in Texas and Los Angeles ports only allow container shipping.

Any other questions
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Lexusgs430: The OP is probably more confused now, after all this arguments !!!!!

You read my mind I swear.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2014
Inception:

Ban alert! grin

Lack of reading comprehension alert smiley

Again.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2014
Speed and the rest isn't much of a problem to me. If you have used this E36 what was your experience like. Maintenance, spare parts availability, fuel consumption and the likes. Just simple details. Thanks anyways for the education it was still worth my time.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2014
fidelio2002:
Guy u av tried explaining to him, leave n let him continue to wallow in ignorance. And imagine him asking what sch u attended when he knws nothing.
HP=torque * RPM/5252. In a lay man's language its a determinant of d strenght, acceleration n speed of a car.
Quite suprising how a bmw M6 that weighs 105kg more and have 35hp less than an E63 AMG will eat up that E63AMG and spit out its exhaust pipes for all to see.

Horses, torques and weights are one thing and they alone can't be the reason why a car will drive faster than another.

Forget age, and aesthetics and V6 and 267hp. That E36 will outperform a camry (and even a solara) on the twisties. And the driver of the E36 will always wear a smile always. Trust me.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Inception(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

Lack of reading comprehension alert.
why dont you refer the OP to your post which is to be placed where it belongs? not minding the shocked price you placed on your advert?
well what can i say? i hereby ordain you as 21st century "Jack the Ripper"
grin
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 11:18am On Sep 11, 2014
OK o...u have all tried. I thank you all very much.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2014
Mist100: OK o...u have all tried. I thank you all very much.

OP at the end of the day you'll be able to sift through the thread and make an educated decision.

The 3 series BMW are their bread and butter. They are solidly engineered vehicles and should serve you well.

I've personally owned over 10 of them over the years. My love affair with BMW is strong and I have owned a 1602 like Siena.

Here are some pics of "some of mine".

One of the pics shows a BMW 2002 that I was restoring and another shows a head on collision with a dunce Mercedes driver who ran a red light.

Good luck on your decision.

PS: I think you got the idea on my previous post, I wasn't offering to sell you any car at all, I was just showing you pricing to compare and to see that this car is a great value in my opinion. I think you should buy it.

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2014
yungboss:
you must be....
give me an e36 m3, 1997...I'll chew your Camry and spit out its tyres...

Whatever he's smoking is making him delirious.

I totally lost automotive respect for him as soon as I read the M3 part. Totally clueless person.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Inception:
i have heard you sir!
first class fool
cool

Good, now f-off troll.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by icemann(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
fidelio2002:
Guy u av tried explaining to him, leave n let him continue to wallow in ignorance. And imagine him asking what sch u attended when he knws nothing.
HP=torque * RPM/5252. In a lay man's language its a determinant of d strenght, acceleration n speed of a car.

Hahaha. You are funny grin . I bet you don't know what the 5252 in equation is for.

Speed is a scalar, torque and HP are vectors. You can't interchange the use in any logical statement. Torque is rotational momentum and speed is distance per time. Assuming in a vacuum two objects of different mass (weight) are at the same momentum1, the smaller object would be faster. If you apply that logic in a car, you find out heavier objects are slower if same momentum ( which is torque) so faster means more HP or torque and less weight. I don't want to go into more mechanics so others can follow.

1Momentum is mass x velocity (speed)
M1 V1 = M2 V2
M= mass
v= velocity ( speed)

More HP does not mean faster if it did diesel engines would be the standard for racing.

My point is
1. Speed is not measured in HP
2. More HP doesn't mean faster.
3. HP to weigh ratio determines speed.(with all other factors being equal)

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

Yes it's being delivered by the space shuttle.

I don't live in Texas and Los Angeles ports only allow container shipping.

Any other questions?

cool
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mist100: Speed and the rest isn't much of a problem to me. If you have used this E36 what was your experience like. Maintenance, spare parts availability, fuel consumption and the likes. Just simple details. Thanks anyways for the education it was still worth my time.

Fuel consumption is superb....parts readily available....think the complete 4cylinder engine costsless than 50k.....iit's a great car....second only to the w202 c class which is certainly more luxuriousb but with compromise on performance except for the 230, 220,200 electric throttle. Kompressor.....yungboss can testify to these.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

Good, now f-off troll.
Bros you did a nice job explaining what others couldn't, why are you back to the argument? There will not be a winner in this, just passionate users emotionally attached to their cars.

Abeg let's get back to the basis of the thread please.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
By the way the seller sent this to me this morning.

Good to hear from you. Hope you are well 2day. It a 6 cylinder engine( M50 single Venus) 240KH speed. E36 body with E39 make up ( that's y the engine is 6 plugs) . It's the last set of it series b4 Koja. Have used it for 4yrs in Naijam
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
By the way the seller sent this to me this morning.

Good to hear from you. Hope you are well 2day. It a 6 cylinder engine( M50 single Venus) 240KH speed. E36 body with E39 make up ( that's y the engine is 6 plugs) . It's the last set of it series b4 Koja. Have used it for 4yrs in Naija

what do you guys think?
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Inception:
It is quite unfortunate...
No wonder you were expelled to where you are right now.
I believe that your imbecilic attributes must have landed you in places where you must have 'picked up the soap'
Cos you talk like someone with a schlong between his teeth

grin

which was quite long though

I'm sure in your little brain your lunatic ramblings make sense to you.

Your position is a weak and pathetic one.

Back on topic, have you owned a 3 series in your life?
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Inception(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

I'm sure in your little brain your lunatic ramblings make sense to you.

Your position is a weak and pathetic one.

Back on topic, have you owned a 3 series in your life?
Feeble question of a weakling
NOW GET OFF MY TITS!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Preventing Trucking Accidents - A Must Read For Truck/Freight Container Drivers / Nairaland Car Picture Thread. Stock & Tuned Rides (Pictures Inside) / Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.