Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. (5123 Views)

What Do You Think About This Bmw. Epic Rice ;d ;d ;d / Can Someone Please Give Us More Details: I Saw This BMW GT In Traffic Today / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mist100: By the way the seller sent this to me this morning.

Good to hear from you. Hope you are well 2day. It a 6 cylinder engine( M50 single Venus) 240KH speed. E36 body with E39 make up ( that's y the engine is 6 plugs) . It's the last set of it series b4 Koja. Have used it for 4yrs in Naija

what do you guys think?

Dude, get that car already and do some restoration (Pimpin') on it. I got a friend who own that car same colour but i4 engine. Its got the i4 and i6 variants and they are good on gas, strong road performance (i6 variant) and pocket friendly. I'd upload my friend's E36 for you if you want me (only if my friend agrees of course)!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by icemann(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
You guys are derailing from the subject. You can insult each other but let's keep talking cars.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
@ inception and cityNG, I have an itch that makes me wanna give someone/some people a ban. Pls don't start I beg of you two.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by icemann(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

Dude, get that car already and do some restoration (Pimpin') on it. I got a friend who own that car same colour but i4 engine. Its got the i4 and i6 variants and they are good on gas, strong road performance (i6 variant) and pocket friendly. I'd upload my friend's E36 for you if you want me (only if my friend agrees of course)!

The fact he is on a budget and don't know about cars is enough reason to stay away from an old BMW. Stick to Japanese till you got cash.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann:

The fact he is on a budget and don't know about cars is enough reason to stay away from an old BMW. Stick to Japanese till you got cash.

Oh dear, you want him to live a boring life with that camry, okay I get it. I also live a boring life with my toyota. @OP, do what is on your mind. Follow your instincts and live either joyfully drifting, pow'r sliding and et al or live boringly home, work, home, work.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Mist100: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

Thanks bros..i will wait for the pics then.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by bravolad(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
We have enjoyed loads of physics tutorials and mechanical engineering here. It's fun and enriching. However, insults is an aberration on a forum like this. Personally, I see anybody that insults and abuses the other as being immature, rude, intolerance and narrow-minded. I belong to other fora and blogs where people disagree to agree on different topics but never use abusive and/or insulting language.

Sometimes, there's a tendency to slightly and temporarily derail a thread based on counter responses to subject matters but never degenerate to insults. I have observed that this is a trend across nairaland. Surely, not a good omen. The first response to certain threads start with insults to the original post. An absolute no no and a turn off.

This is where effective moderating is required, though depending on what the owner of the site wants.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by icemann(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

Oh dear, you want him to live a boring life with that camry, okay I get it. I also live a boring life with my toyota. @OP, do what is on your mind. Follow your instincts and live either joyfully drifting, pow'r sliding and et al or live boringly home, work, home, work.

I don't want to get banned so Ive decided to reserve my comments. grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann:

I don't want to get banned so Ive decided to reserve my comments. grin grin

Speak please. No ones gonna ban you if you don't break any rule grin
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Fulaman198(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

But you'd gladly part with 470k for a '98 camry? undecided

Heck no

I would never buy a car more than 10 years old
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198:

Heck no

I would never buy a car more than 10 years old

While I respect your position but I think you're missing out on some good cars.
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann:

That's actually a valid point but OP is asking about this BMW though.

Do you think it has value at this price point?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
OP, if you buy the car, offer this seller $50 for these springs, they are the real deal and will transform your car.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4635812638.html

PS: I am not responsible for any parts that a good gallop removes grin

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by auhanson(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ikenna351:

I always wonder why Nigerians would think a better car is one with more hp.

Go back and read youngboss post you quoted. He said, "would drive better" and " more exciting to drive". He didn't say faster than newer cars.

A petrolhead looks at "road handling" or "overall character" of a car at whatever speed it does. That's what makes a car fun to drive; that's what makes a car safer when driven aggressively.

A fastest car must not win a race. More hp is an advantage and will be more "Wow!" when a road handler got one.

Ikenna

Thanku brother, i have nothing to say again. Its not all bout HP, but its about safety and enough galant to twist bends and max out without heartbreak swivelling and waving(a thing i cant stand in a car no matter what) and ability to stop abruptly as situation arose. Handling is the game, a car without handling is no car to me.

Even at that if i handle that Bmer your 2007 Camry will not see my breaklight.. It doesnt matter if you give me a mile at startup, but lo i'll beat you to eat multiplies d miles behind me...
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by auhanson(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
yungboss:
you must be....
give me an e36 m3, 1997...I'll chew your Camry and spit out its tyres...

"ol boy dont kill me wt laf"... you are humorous

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mist100: Am considering buying this car for 400k (Its either a 2000 or 2001 model). I would love your opinions on maintenance. Response please.
That is a 1992 to 1997 car bro, the 1998 is the beginning of the Coja

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann:
When did HP become the way to measure speed? I taught speed was distance per time.
That Man will die for TOYOTA grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Fulaman198(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

While I respect your position but I think you're missing out on some good cars.

Without a doubt, you are right it's just that when you think of possible maintenance problems that can be a serious drawback.

But if I wanted cars from the late 90s to early 2000s, They would be the following

2002 Toyota Supra
1997 Volvo 850R
1997 BMW M3 4 door
2002 Mercedes C32 AMG
2002 Audi S4

the list goes on and on
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198:

Without a doubt, you are right it's just that when you think of possible maintenance problems that can be a serious drawback.

But if I wanted cars from the late 90s to early 2000s, They would be the following

2002 Toyota Supra
1997 Volvo 850R
1997 BMW M3 4 door
2002 Mercedes C32 AMG
2002 Audi S4

the list goes on and on

Why quote a Volvo? I thought you said you hate volvo after your sour experience with your former car, a volvo?
Re: PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. by Fulaman198(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

Why quote a Volvo? I thought you said you hate volvo after your sour experience with your former car, a volvo?

If I didn't have to worry about mechanical issues I said lollll come on Mike cheesy. That's another reason why I originally said I can't deal with cars more than 10 years old.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? / How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? / I Need An Advice On 2001 Passat 1.8 Turbo Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.