Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again (729 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / Funny Video Of My 'kid Bro'.. He Doesn't Know Where He Slept Last Night / She Left Me After My Effort With My Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Saw the topic "Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics)" on the front page now, and going through all the pics, I thought to myself... would my kid bro do any of this? why did I do it back then? my answer was because I was scared of beatings I guess. But my kid bro knows how to chest cane till you're tired
So fellow NLers please if you have a kid bro/son (10yrs of age) who is so stubborn(destroys household items; especially electronics, tears sofas, burns your clothes if you annoy him etc) and rude(i.e you talk to him, he walks away, murmurs rubbish back, or hisses), basically doesn't feel pain from beatings, he actually fights you back even or tries to collect the item being used to flog him, and if he does begin to feel pain he grabs objects to fight back. How would you discipline him please? My mom really doesn't have his energy anymore(tho when she had the energy she always left him as the baby of the house saying he'll outgrow it tongue )...so now she ignores him or simply shouts her head off to tears and curses.
I refuse to beat him and use harsh violence till he breaks, like some may suggest, because I'll nearly kill him! I've heard different stories of some parents beating their kids to coma or out of anger throwing them at the wall and they die. next resort should be punishments, right? But if a kid refuses to do the punishments, how else do you discipline the child?
Grounding? This boy's life is based indoors on tv and computer... it wouldn't be fair to disconnect it all because of him.. I have other kid siblings who are cool headed and share this with him and do not deserve to be punished along side... plus he would likely break the tv out of anger if this should be done. (Yes he has temper issues).
He has been taken for deliverance also, no change

I don't know if it's a characteristic of being the only overweight human in the family(weighs over 70kg at 10yrs shocked) or last born.. but please I need suggestions from all.
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by dat9jaguy(m): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
Send him to a military boarding school,Command or NMS Zaria.After six years he will become a model citizen.
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by soulglo: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
D4V1DD4: Saw the topic "Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics)" on the front page now, and going through all the pics, I thought to myself... would my kid bro do any of this? why did I do it back then? my answer was because I was scared of beatings I guess. But my kid bro knows how to chest cane till you're tired
So fellow NLers please if you have a kid bro/son (10yrs of age) who is so stubborn(destroys household items; especially electronics, tears sofas, burns your clothes if you annoy him etc) and rude(i.e you talk to him, he walks away, murmurs rubbish back, or hisses), basically doesn't feel pain from beatings, he actually fights you back even or tries to collect the item being used to flog him, and if he does begin to feel pain he grabs objects to fight back. How would you discipline him please? My mom really doesn't have his energy anymore(tho when she had the energy she always left him as the baby of the house saying he'll outgrow it tongue )...so now she ignores him or simply shouts her head off to tears and curses.
I refuse to beat him and use harsh violence till he breaks, like some may suggest, because I'll nearly kill him! I've heard different stories of some parents beating their kids to coma or out of anger throwing them at the wall and they die. next resort should be punishments, right? But if a kid refuses to do the punishments, how else do you discipline the child?
Grounding? This boy's life is based indoors on tv and computer... it wouldn't be fair to disconnect it all because of him.. I have other kid siblings who are cool headed and share this with him and do not deserve to be punished along side... plus he would likely break the tv out of anger if this should be done. (Yes he has temper issues).
He has been taken for deliverance also, no change

I don't know if it's a characteristic of being the only overweight human in the family(weighs over 70kg at 10yrs shocked) or last born.. but please I need suggestions from all.

When you started beating him with a stick like an unwanted mule he started to act like one. I hate when you Nigerians ruin a child's life and then start taking the child for deliverance. This child already thinks he is evil and that is all thanks to you. Hopefully he will be exposed to done one who can correct him with love. After beating your ass he will go out and beat up other asses he finds.
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
soulglo:

When you started beating him with a stick like an unwanted mule he started to act like one. I hate when you Nigerians ruin a child's life and then start taking the child for deliverance. This child already thinks he is evil and that is all thanks to you. Hopefully he will be exposed to done one who can correct him with love. After beating your ass he will go out and beat up other asses he finds.

Mind you, this wasn't the case till he started misbehaving and ignoring simple corrections with love, telling him why it's not good, promising gifts and actually buying them after he promises not to do whatever act again... My mom still tries this once in a while with him but he still reverts to the old devilish act the next day.. So please now what?.... seize the gifts from him? he doesn't care.. there's cartoons and computer
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
dat9jaguy: Send him to a military boarding school,Command or NMS Zaria.After six years he will become a model citizen.
My suggestion exactly! The boy even says he wants to be an engineer and soldier at the same time, but they're sending him to a christian school.. fg's ebola break is what's keeping him now
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by soulglo: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
D4V1DD4:

Mind you, this wasn't the case till he started misbehaving and ignoring simple corrections with love, telling him why it's not good, promising gifts and actually buying them after he promises not to do whatever act again... My mom still tries this once in a while with him but he still reverts to the old devilish act the next day.. So please now what?.... seize the gifts from him? he doesn't care.. there's cartoons and computer

There's honestly nothing you could tell me that would convince me that this child is just evil. NOTHING. Who bribes their child with gifts to do the right thing? Never heard of a Nigerian doing that. Why would such a child not feel like they have the upper hand. Now after giving him a sense of entitlement you people want yo beat it or cast it out if him. Why should you give him the option for anything. If he is grounded them he is grounded. Why should he gave cartoons or computers. This is my problem with mist Nigerian parents. They never follow through. They want a quick fix. Bribe him if beat him because that's easy. You can't even be bothered yo take the cartoons away girl a month because it'll take too much work to monitor him constantly for a month until he gets it. You lost your power the moment you started negotiating gifts for good behavior.
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
I said taking the tv/dstv subscription and computer away won't be a fair move on his other cool headed siblings... now what do you suggest please?
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by soulglo: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
D4V1DD4: I said taking the tv/dstv subscription and computer away won't be a fair move on his other cool headed siblings... now what do you suggest please?

It is his mother's job to make sure he has no access to these items. Is he attached to the computer. Where is she when he starts watching the tv or using the computer. This is what you do when you parent. You follow through. You can't shout it from the bed in your room. You gave to be in the thick of it. If the other kids are watching tv then he needs to be somewhere else. The computer is even easier and the fact that you're saying as if keeping a child away from it makes me realize that you people are not ready. I don't see a bad kid. All I see is bad parenting
Re: How To Set My Kid Bro Straight Again by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Okay, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it, and will talk with my ma on implementing it.

(1) (Reply)

Man Suspects The Children He Has Been Spending Money On Are Not His Children / Hero Monkey Revives Electrocuted Friend / Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.