Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,800 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex (1859 Views)

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by blueberryp: 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ok, I have been really disturbed and right now I cant sleep.
I have been in a relationship for 2yrs now tho we have not been stable for some reasons including the fact that he once cheated on me. Not long ago we had issues that made us go off for a while and during this period my Ex got in touch with me.
We have been talking and we both realised that we still have a thing for each other tho we have our seperate relationships. We have gotten so close again and we spend so much time together, something I don't get with my boyfriend because he is always so busy.
Now my boyfriend wants us to get back together and he says he is willing to put more effort into the relationship but I don't want to tell my ex about this and am not really ready to get back with my boyfriend for now
Am so confused right now, I feel guilty but I don't even want to stop and I don't wwant to do anything stupid, what should I do?
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Kanwulia: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oh yes!
I do without qualms. Relationships and marriage are NOT JAIL SENTENCES! kiss
My husband is free to do the same!
Forsaking all others was not part of my vows. . . .
No apologies! kiss

You will always have "a thing" for the exes, BUT NEVER AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP! kiss
Keep all exes far away from your relationships.
They are exes for GOOD REASONS! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by blueberryp: 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kanwulia: Oh yes!
I do without qualms.
My husband is free to do the same!
Forsaking all others was not part of my vows. . . .
No apologies! kiss
ermmm, thanks for d advise. R u telling me u r eating ur cake and having it at the same time?
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Kanwulia: 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
blueberryp: ermmm, thanks for d advise. R u telling me u r eating ur cake and having it at the same time?
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Kanwulia: 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Let me put it this way.

YES! cool

You can only eat your cake and have it too ONLY IN A MARRIAGE! You have a marriage certificate or a bride price!
You might want to wait till you get married for at least 10 years to build a SOLID FOUNDATION IN YOUR HOME. . . .AND HAVE ALL YOUR CHILDREN IN ONE PLACE!!!!

You are still doing boyfriend/girlfriend. . . . . YOU NEED TO FACE ONE!

If you are distracted early in your relationship, it can only mean one or two things.

You lack self-control. . . .Or you are an IMMATURE PLAYA! cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by blueberryp: 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kanwulia:

Let me put it this way.

YES! cool

You might want to wait till you get married for at least 10 years to build a SOLID FOUNDATION IN YOUR HOME. . . .AND HAVE ALL YOUR CHILDREN IN ONE PLACE!!!!

If you are distracted early in your relationship, it can only mean one or two things.

You lack self-control. . . .Or you are an IMMATURE PLAYA! cool
ok, thx
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Op u can't eat ur cake and have it....make up ur mind and choose one before u loose both
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by blueberryp: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Daguccizgreat: Op u can't eat ur cake and have it....make up ur mind and choose one before u loose both
I can't seem to make up my mind, I love my man but sometimes we just don't connect, am tired of the off and on relationship
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Kanwulia: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
If you are tired, wait till you get married!
I thought as much.
Immaturity at work! grin

You go connec and disconnect taya ke!
You think emotions stay the same ni?
People like you BLOW all chances, because you allow raw emotions rule your actions. . . . .and keep jumping from place to place!

You are playing the game of TIRED MARRIED COUPLES. . . .when you are still doing boyfriend and girlfriend?
E be like say you nor wan marry.
Some EXES only exist to RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP, even where all they want is a QUICK PHOCK! wink
You will learn the hardest way! kiss

Good luck! You still dey reign!!!! grin

7 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Pampers: 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Whatever u decide to do just think of the consequences if ur pathner gets to know. Don't start a game u know u can't end. You can not eat ur cake n av it. What ever; its best to be sincere do that God vindicates u.
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by folawiyoma(m): 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dnt bcm a player
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by jideomowunmi(f): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2014
There was a reason why ur Ex is ur Ex..why do u wanna include him in ur future..move on girl undecided undecided
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Godmother(f): 11:14am On Sep 11, 2014
Kanwulia: If you are tired, wait till you get married!
I thought as much.
Immaturity at work! grin

You go connected and disconnect taya ke!
People like you BLOW all chances, because you allow raw emotions rule your actions. . . . .and keep jumping from place to place!

You are playing the game of TIRED MARRIED COUPLES. . . .when you are still doing boyfriend and girlfriend?
Some EXES only exist to RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP, even where all they want is a QUICK PHOCK! wink

This time I agree with kanwulia. All your ex wants is a quick roll in the hay afterall he still has his own relationship. And I can bet you that he won't be willing to leave that chick ina hurry.

OP, sometimes a part of us will always have a thing for our exes, this is where you have to make the conscious effort to let go and cut all ties.

You said your bf cheated on you and as much as I know how painful it is if he's apologised then forgive and let it go. He said he's willing to put in more effort, then give him another try and you too put in your own efforts

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by orbis(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2014
I guess there is a good reason why they are called Ex. If you love him so much now I wonder why you guys ever broke up. Face your current relationship for now and if it doesn't work out quietly leave. It's always a disaster dating a ex biyfriend. Trust me
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Safari29: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kanwulia: If you are tired, wait till you get married!
I thought as much.
Immaturity at work! grin

cheesy thank you jere

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by blueberryp: 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ok, thx for the advise, I'll focus more on my relationship now
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Safari29: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
blueberryp: Ok, thx for the advise, I'll focus more on my relationship now

now ur talkng

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Youngpo413: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2014
Its not nice to be in good terms with an ex...
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by shalommeri(f): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2014
well dats a tough decision to make dear...bt it depends in hw yr past was nd wad u tink d future wud b..i believe u're nt gettn younga..its abt wad wud affect u nd nt us bt wadeva y choose tink of how d past was,wad d future wud b nd hw d past wud affects d future..wen i mean past..i simply mean wad it was lyk wud both of dem
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by sexybash(f): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2014
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Most time the exes come back for a reason
Quicky
It's now left for you to decide whether to chop or not
Hahaha hahaha hahaha
I just dey laugh for reasons best known to me
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I slay em
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Lepetitechic(f): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
Kanwulia:
I thought as much.
Immaturity at work! grin

rofl grin
Kanwulia:
I thought as much.
Immaturity at work! grin

rofl @kanwulia I'm dying of laughter here choi!! you are right shaa
Re: Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex by Youngpo413: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2014
sexybash:
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Most time the exes come back for a reason
Quicky
It's now left for you to decide whether to chop or not
Hahaha hahaha hahaha
I just dey laugh for reasons best known to me
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I slay em
the Op still dey "chop" nonstop

(1) (Reply)

Sex Before Or After Marriage ? / Worlds Most Prolific Mum With 69kids(incredible Stuff!!) / Less Privileged Homes In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.