Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) (16826 Views)

My Last Day In School (complete story) / Nairaland E-workshop And Nairaland Writers Award: How Do We Improve? / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by luvmijeje(f): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
texanomaly:

If you don't s[b]ee[/b] that tumm[b]y[/b] has the same ending sound as "see", I can't help you anymore.

If I had seen it, I wouldn't have ask. Thanks, I can now see your point.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by texanomaly(f): 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
luvmijeje:

If I had seen it, I wouldn't have ask. Thanks, I can now see your point.

I apologize. I was rude. It was uncalled for.
embarassed
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by luvmijeje(f): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
texanomaly:

I apologize. I was rude. It was uncalled for.
embarassed

Awwwww wink apology accepted.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by philtrum(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks for all the explanation....well I understand some and I still need to read the remaining all over for proper comprehension..... can I post a piece here for evaluation... well it has no rhymes so....I Dont know
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Royver(m): 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Good evening to you nairalanders.

I'm honoured to have been chosen to give a talk on PLOTTING a story. I'm not one for too much talk so I'm going to go straight to the point.

First of all we need to know what a plot is:
A Plot is the arrangement of the main event of a play, story, novel, film or similar work devised and presented by the writer as an inter related sequence.

Plot is most often about a conflict or struggle that the main character goes through. The conflict can be with another character, or with the way things are, or with something inside the character, like needs or feelings.

The main character should win or lose at least partly on their own, and not just be rescued by someone or something else. Most often, the character learns or grows as they try to solve their problem. What the character learns is the theme.

The conflict should get more and more tense or exciting. The tension should reach a high point or “climax” near the end of the story, then ease off.

The basic steps of a plot are: conflict begins, things go right, things go WRONG, final victory (or defeat), and wrap-up. The right-wrong steps can repeat.

A novel can have several conflicts, but a short story should have only one.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Royver(m): 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I want to show my profound recognition and gratitude to our Super writers, Larrysun, Ishilove, whitemosquito, mazionumeko, repogirl, princesa, kayemjay, humblebygrace,frank317, redmosquito, audreytimms, prettyspicey, noble4d, cuddlemii, timpaker, sammyhoe,temitopedaniel, to name but few in no particular order.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Dygeasy(m): 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STORY COLLABORATIONS

Collaborative writing can be a pretty fun thing to do. It is when two, three or more writers come together on a common plot, setting,and in certain instances, characters to make a story. Now, we must understand that colaborative writing can be done in two ways;
1. The writers decide and agree on what the plot, characters and settings of thestory would be like. They share a common idea and allot a part of the story to work on each participating writer.
2. Each participating writer works pn the cue left by the preceeding writer. There is usually no planned agreement on any of the elements which makes up the story. This brings about disorderliness and poor alignment of events or introduction of obsolete characters which in turn makes reading and adequate followership cumbersome. For the purpose of this workshop, we will be focusing more on the first way of going about collaborative writing. I hope this makes a jolly good ride.

We shall be limiting our scope of observance and example citations to collaborative writing involving two writers. When we have a collaboration of two writers on a story, what we usually have is;

(i) Writer A Is known, Writer But isn't known or
(ii) Writer A isn't known, Writer But is known or
(iii) Writer A and Writer But are knows or
(iv) Writer A and Writer But are unknown.

Cases (i) and case (ii) are pretty much the same so we'll definitely dwell on these. Case (iii) is another scenario in which we'll dwell on for the purpose of the next point. Case (iv) is rarely ever the case.

Collaborative works do take place bweren't two underdogs but the question is "to what end?" One writer is usually the initiator of the idea while the other writer buys it. The initiator is most times an unknown writer inviting a well-known writer to boost the 'sale ' of the story (most probable reason) or a known writer featuring an unknown writer (for reasons subjective to the initiator in this case which is rare) or two known writers featuring each other (we can of course guess why this could be ) but two unknown writers? that's an almost dead on arrival Case. It might work out fine but the start will definitely be slow.
Now personally from experience and direct and indirect learning, here are some things you need to know and do in collaborative works.

* Always determine in advance who will do what and who will own what. If possible put this agreement into writing irrespective of whom you're writing with. Even your best friend. Here are some important tips to follow ;

- Who owns each character and what universe you have created for that character.
- What either of you may and may not do to characters owned by the other.
- Who writes the last word. Only one person can do this. Reach an agreement. It is important!
- How will you divide the work itself?
- What will happen to the universe and it's characters if one of you wants to drop out. Do you both have the perfect mastery, coordination of the characters and the universe created for them. The synergy of both of you must be in synchronization?
- How will you resolve differences if one of you does work that the other deems unacceptable, inappropriate, or simply wrong for the world?

* Write a good outline and stick with it.
This is important and it might seem not to be a big deal. You and your friend (a writer) share a vision. You've talked about it endlessly, you know who your characters are and what you want to do with them. It's alright if you don't have the whole story worked out but make sure the same idea flow in your heads. That's synergy in sync.

* Divide your workload clearly.

If one of you is going to write the even chapters and the other one is going to write the odds chapters, fine. If one of you is going to do the detective and criminal scenes while the other will do the romantic scenes, that's okay too. If you want to do all the scenes with Big Max and your friend wants to write from David Osho's point of view or Andy Cole, that also works. What you don't want is to be bopping along on chapter three and have your collaborator suddenly start having ducks because you've stepped on what he saw as his territory. No. We sure don't want that to happen.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by daveP(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
repogirl:
thanks very much, DaveP, glad it hit the right notes, dancing sekem!
lol this sekeming is everywhere! shocked
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Dygeasy(m): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
[continued]

* Figure out why you want to do a collaboration in the first place, and both of you sit down and work oup what each of you contributes

The ideal collaboration is one in which the story you're writing together is one neither of you could write alone. If one of you is a brilliant humour story-teller and the other is a good romance writer and you're doing a story on "HOW TO MAKE HER YOURS WITH ONE WINK" then you're heading in the right direction. If one of you has vast knowledge in politics and the other is equally proficient in all things terrorist, crime, homicide or detective stories and you're developing a political story that involves terrorism, assassination with well thought out tactics and strategy, you're right on the money.
If however, both of you are doing this because you think it will be easier than writing a whole book by yourself, get into a room, lock the door, get into a bed and stay there till you regain your senses.

However from my own experience here, the act of writing changes the vision and even with an outline you can end up in trouble. A friend here (on Nairaland) contacted me for a collaboration and I agreed. I had created a universe in whicha brilliant and smart orphaned kid through every trouble and attempts on his life eventually gets lucky at the end of the day. It was supposed to be an inspirational, romantic and humour thriller. My friend (who had no idea before) bought the idea and I wrote the outline and the first draft. Since we were supposed to post it here on Nairaland, my friend posted the first draft which I wrote, as his. I forgave him and wrote the second draft. He wrote the the third draft and it veered completely off what I had in mind. Not only did he change the universe, he changed the character and everything that had to do with my original outline and first draft. You can imagine how annoying that would have been. I did the usual forgiving and washed my hands clean off that collaboration. My friend and I connected in other ways other than literaure...lol!

If you've gone through this and you know how you want to divvy up the work and you've covered all your potential trouble spots and worked them out in advance and you still want to do the collaboration, you should do fine.

Remember that joint projects always take longer than you planned, always contain some suprises and rarely turn out the way you expected. They can be fun if you know this in advance and have already made allowances.

THANK YOU.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Dygeasy(m): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks Divepen for this chance. I appreciate too other facilitators.

Pardon my lateness. It was fun all the way!!

Thank you all.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
[size=16][b]Welcome to the End of LITE(Living In The Truth Everyday) E-Workshop
THANK TO ALL OUR FACILITATORS
[/size]
Larrysun- You were awesome and helped asked many of our questions that were so educative. It's really nice working with you
Whitemosquito- You are my boss, and you know that, I remember asking her to be a facilator rather late and informally, though we didn't really know each other then, but she accepted it anyways...Although, I have not given myself the 'konk' she wants me to give myself lol. Even when I the Host seems Awol she was still trying to drop her post at the exact time given to her, a woman of intergrity.. My super writer's Editor 'Tuu si greato'..
Sammyhoe- Ah! To be candid, when I gave sammyhoe this request I was sort of afraid that he will not have the time, he who is writing many stories and doing other things, he might not be able to do so. But he 'wowed' everyone here and even took time to explain everything to Larrysun and others who wanted to know more...Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!
Audreytimms- Hmm!! This is my personal 'Mama', Friend and helper. How can I thank you enough for everything. The way you were running from your home to Cafe and back because of this E-Workshop, yet you saw it as your own and used every of your time and energy on it. Thank you for the morning reminders, thank you for asking me to write a Poem for miss Hazel eyes it has birth a concept in my mind, check the link I will paste later to know what I mean.
Princesa- Ha! My bossest boss. You still always surprise me. Can I thank you all for being more than a facilator, using this opportunity to still thank you for making me become the 'Jega' for the Nairaland Best writer of the month.
Prettyspicey- You were surprising and helpful, ma, I am short of words here, I still remember that day when Audreytimms said you were on a journey when she called you to replace her time with yours, I almost fainted but You still dropped your post at the time slated. Thank you very much.
Davep- Oh! Baba. The most co-hosting facilitator, he had worked as a facilator, student and a co-host taking the pain to thank almost every facilitator on my behalf thank you Baba, you are a great man and would go places.
kayemjay- He is also one the few people I gave the info late but he still agreed and he did an exceptional job though time wanted to bar him but he was determined to change lives and help in the building writers for tommorrow. Thank you sir.
Texanomaly- Oh! You are awesome ma! Wow! Because of this event she had to shift the time for her job for this, just to build lives and help writer for how much? You are someone we should always celeberate and learn from. With Patience she was able to teach everyone that need to know one thing or the other. Thank you ma...Thanx alot.
jigsawkillah- Oh! I can not posibly say how grateful I am for your wonderful contribution, it has open eyes and you would forever be on top of your game, thankx alot.
Queenxstar- Thanx for making plans with me behind the scene and before the day, your not being around must have a reason
Noble4d- Oh! Baba Noble, this is a man with faith, and great skills tat we should always look out for. He has a great faith that made even Tiffanyj have a reason to change her day with him
flakkydagirl- Wow! I know how it must have felt not to be able to do what you have been planning to do after many days. She had been one of d reasons I got the idea of this workshop after our 'What If' which she was actively involved in. You are a blessing, ma, always remind yourself ma.
TiffanyJ- Wow! My one and only Nairaland 'together we grow team', I will always remember how we call ourselves to different thread to encourage others. I will never forget how many times you've voted for me to be the best writer''. The day you made Fp changed my view and was one of the reasons I now enjoy commenting on almost every literature thread. How can I thank you for the sacrifice you made and how you even wish to continue writing the article thanx.
Missyhorlah- Thanx for everything. Thanx a lot.
Timpaker- Oh! My boss I will never forget your trademark the red color that is the same color of love. You are great and no one is disputing that. Keep the good work going I have finally joined you all fully @ the Poem for review section and hope to be there always.
Dorisbest- Iya oooo. Thanxxxxxxxx
Repogirl- 'Blushing', this is another person i always though would not time but I kept on holding to a string of faith, but she did more than I can think of she came and posted at the time alloted to her. You are a prodigy and I love the Midea's touch you gave your write-up. Pleaseeeee Be a lecturer.
Kingzpen- Oh! Jumping.... This is the killer. He killed everything he had to say in a short write-up, blowing our mind open.
Therock5555- Chief.... Hmm... Hm... Hmmm... I am speechless what can I say to a boss that spared his time and touched the live of people thanxxxxxx a lot..than[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
[b]Royver- Oh! Great man... Na u o! Thanks for your time and your help. For being around. Your write up is a one that people ought to read again and again.
OMA4U- This man, this brother. You are a genie. You capital lettered name always make me see you like a chief in Agbada, on an high chair,* shake right shoulder* You are a wonderful writer that we should still learn from.. Boss anything for the boys
Thanz a lot. Thannz alot
Dammygoody- Dammydogood, I felt the pain in your message as you sent me the msg. I know you wish I gave to someone else. But i wanted to be you or no one else.
Yet, I do not want to be the one to stop whatever thing you wanted to do @ that time. You've been great and have been of help from the beginnig to the end.
Rapmike- Baba! A man is not who he says he is but what he does.
You proved the real man in you when you took up the task to tell about the thing everyone cannot talk about because many of us have that same problem. You are just too awesome.
Dygeasy- Thanx alot baba.. Who could have though that the great Dygeasy himself would have the chance to be here but you came and even made our day, when we thoug nothing might come out of today you saved the day.

To my Bosses and Friends.
Lopeoba- Thanx for the time you spent here with us. I need to know will be here soon. I am starting the same day with my Motivator, I just hope she will not runaway again. You've been so wonderful.
Mynd44- I know you do not have time but you still helped made this thread sticky, making it have a very high number of views.
I am sure you have your reason for not yet putting this thread of frontpage, and I trust that you know there are many writers that stay off Literature section who would benefit from this. Many of who will pray for you for putting this thread of Fp. I know you are always our boss. Your Tripaternal gave me hope of being a writer when I almost gave up.
Thank you for working hand in hand with us all and even commenting
Obinnau- Baba! Thanz for everything. Thank you for closing this thread till 29th. And I should thank you for 'commenting and encouraging me when I was trying to change my genre then, your comment also gave me hope of becoming a great writer.

And To my
[size=16]masquadalicious self I say goodbye for a few days off the net or literature section [/size][/b]
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by JuanDeDios: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
texanomaly:

It depends on the type of poem one is writing and the knowledge one has. The examples I gave were for those who would like to start writing poetry, but don't know how. . . .
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by repogirl(f): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
You're most welcome, divepen, I appreciate the opportunity given me to participate, for it was a good learning experience for even myself. I wish you the best in your endeavors and many more great ideas as this one.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by PrettySpicey(f): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Chai Divepen, you sabi do speech o... hehehe.

Many thanks, dear fellow for involving humble me.. it was an honour and one I hope I represented truly.

Sincerely hope this project is and will remain helpful to all who take the time to read.

God bless all Our talents.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmm @ Prettyspicey, with that google have no chance but to return 'you know who' to me.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by PrettySpicey(f): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
Divepen:
Hmmm @ Prettyspicey, with that google have no chance but to return 'you know who' to me.

Google doesn't do returns, only takeovers
tongue
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Google doesn't do returns, only takeovers
tongue
lol....
If I hear...
It must do this returns or else..
Na war ooo
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by PrettySpicey(f): 5:50am On Oct 06, 2014
Divepen:

lol....
If I hear...
It must do this returns or else..
Na war ooo

grin grin grin tongue
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by noble4d(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2014
@ Divepen...God bless u and all the contributors
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Dygeasy(m): 8:58am On Oct 06, 2014
Divepen I am humbled. I don't often hear people describe me as great but you did. Thanks for counting me worthy of here.

More power to your elbow.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Chuksemi(m): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2014
Benefited greatly from this. cool . And I have taken the bold step towards becoming a poetcheesy. I've posted two poems already. grin
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Writeditor: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2014
texanomaly:

It depends on the type of poem one is writing and the knowledge one has. The examples I gave were for those who would like to start writing poetry, but don't know how.

The first poems I ever wrote were in school. Whatever was assigned, I wrote. The same with any writing. I found I liked writing. After that I would pick a style and let that guide my writing.

Back then the challenge was just knowing I could do any style I wanted. Now I think more about what I'm trying to say, "letting it out", than the style.

I changed my presentation as quickly as I could, when I discovered we were no longer using the comments thread. In the process it lost any semblance of order and sense. I apologize for that.

Here is something I failed to add.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/grammar-rules-and-tips/tips-on-writing-poems.html

"There are a few things to think about before you start writing your poem. The following tips on writing poems will help you get started.

Know your purpose. Why are you writing a poem and what do you want it to do?
Pick a subject. You do not have to pick a stereotypical poetry topic such as nature, animals, love, or some sort of darker topic. Poems can be written about any topic under the sun.
Choose a pattern. You might choose to use free verse, rhyming couplets, or an epic poetry style. It's better to let the words flow with the style, than to return later and try to fit your already-written ideas into a totally new scheme.
Avoid clichés. These are sayings that have been overused, like busy as a bee, or blind as a bat.
Use imagery. Paint with your words and use concrete words that appeal to the senses. Abstract words can not give the reader a good picture of what you are trying to say.
Use similes and metaphors. Similes compare two things, like “you are sweet as honey” and usually use the word “like” or “as.” Metaphors state that one thing is another thing, like “you are a pig.” Things being compared in a metaphor have at least one thing in common but are very different in other ways.
Remember that poems do not have to have rhymes or meter. If a poem is too much like a nursery rhyme, it can distract from the poem’s purpose.

Revise your poem. You should put it away for a day or two, then read it again and try to make it better. You may want to have a friend read it and get his opinion.

Get Creative
Now that you have some tips on writing poems, you need to get those creative juices flowing. Poets see the world in a different way. Look around and try to get a different perspective.

If you stand on your head, you will see things differently in a physical way. A poet does this figuratively by imagining what people are thinking about or why they are doing something. If a poet saw an apple, he may wonder why it is there, who put it there, what the apple is thinking, or what it will become, like applesauce or pie.

Take a walk and try to experience every physical sense: touch, smell, hearing, taste, and vision. Watch people and animals and imagine their feelings and perspectives. Get silly and make up crazy stuff. Loosen up, have fun, and start writing."

Here is a link with types and forms of poetry. Pick a few, and give it a try. I've forgotten how fun that can be. Maybe I will too.

https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/glossary-poetry-types
That's right. I don't do much poetry but I've read The Poetry Home Repair Manual by Ted Kooser (former poet laureate of the United States) and he wonders how anyone can write good poetry when they're hemmed in by rules. By the way, I like your signature - that's something I'm learning to do.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by rapmike(m): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2014
So it has ended. Thanks to Divepen for the opportunity to present something in the midst of great and powerful writers like Larrysun, Kayemjay, Repogirl and others.

Thanks to the other contributors who made time to make this workshop a success.

Thanks to all those who learned and commented, and to those who learned and ghosted away, without students, a teacher will not be different from a mad man.

Thanks to God Almighty, who kept all of us alive to start and end this workshop successfully.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by dammygoody(m): 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Where do I start from?

Special thanks to Divepen for understanding me and my excuse, I sincerely appreciate.
To the facilitators, teachers and learners of this great programme, I say a big Well done ...

I'm so glad this wonderful programme came to a successful end though I can't help but regret I wasn't a total part of it.

Once again well done boss Divepen, more strength, power, initiative.....
Let's do this again please.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by daveP(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dygeasy:
Thanks Divepen for this chance. I appreciate too other facilitators.

Pardon my lateness. It was fun all the way!!

Thank you all.
im thinking of a collabo. Your lecture just reignited that. (salutes with two fingers)
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by daveP(m): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
(enters in concerto master's suit divided at the back like kirk franklin's. Takes a bow and picks up wand from table.

@ the click of a finger, a hidden wall gives way to a concerto band equipped with clarinets, trombones, OBOE, triangle, trumpets, saxos, violins and whatever is good for orchestral bewilderment. Waves hands as band stimulates the airwaves with a piece of Beethoven.

It ends on a high) Thank you! smiley (sits at piano) my fellow writers. Heres a song for y'all. smiley......

( test runs piano, as band kicks in with support. In high baritonic accent)

As we go on,

we remember,

all the times we, had together

and as our lives change, and whatever,

we will STILL BE....

FRIENDS FOREVERRRRRR........

(Stands to exit after applause, but floodlights refuse to off)

omo make this guy off this thing nah grin (runs)

One Love.

(comes back as Dave)
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Dygeasy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
daveP:
im thinking of a collabo. Your lecture just reignited that. (salutes with two fingers)
lol! Go on ahead. I'll cheer you on. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2014
Divepen:
[size=16][b]Welcome to the End of LITE(Living In The Truth Everyday) E-Workshop
THANK TO ALL OUR FACILITATORS
[/size]
Larrysun- You were awesome and helped asked many of our questions that were so educative. It's really nice working with you
Whitemosquito- You are my boss, and you know that, I remember asking her to be a facilator rather late and informally, though we didn't really know each other then, but she accepted it anyways...Although, I have not given myself the 'konk' she wants me to give myself lol. Even when I the Host seems Awol she was still trying to drop her post at the exact time given to her, a woman of intergrity.. My super writer's Editor 'Tuu si greato'..
Sammyhoe- Ah! To be candid, when I gave sammyhoe this request I was sort of afraid that he will not have the time, he who is writing many stories and doing other things, he might not be able to do so. But he 'wowed' everyone here and even took time to explain everything to Larrysun and others who wanted to know more...Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!
Audreytimms- Hmm!! This is my personal 'Mama', Friend and helper. How can I thank you enough for everything. The way you were running from your home to Cafe and back because of this E-Workshop, yet you saw it as your own and used every of your time and energy on it. Thank you for the morning reminders, thank you for asking me to write a Poem for miss Hazel eyes it has birth a concept in my mind, check the link I will paste later to know what I mean.
Princesa- Ha! My bossest boss. You still always surprise me. Can I thank you all for being more than a facilator, using this opportunity to still thank you for making me become the 'Jega' for the Nairaland Best writer of the month.
Prettyspicey- You were surprising and helpful, ma, I am short of words here, I still remember that day when Audreytimms said you were on a journey when she called you to replace her time with yours, I almost fainted but You still dropped your post at the time slated. Thank you very much.
Davep- Oh! Baba. The most co-hosting facilitator, he had worked as a facilator, student and a co-host taking the pain to thank almost every facilitator on my behalf thank you Baba, you are a great man and would go places.
kayemjay- He is also one the few people I gave the info late but he still agreed and he did an exceptional job though time wanted to bar him but he was determined to change lives and help in the building writers for tommorrow. Thank you sir.
Texanomaly- Oh! You are awesome ma! Wow! Because of this event she had to shift the time for her job for this, just to build lives and help writer for how much? You are someone we should always celeberate and learn from. With Patience she was able to teach everyone that need to know one thing or the other. Thank you ma...Thanx alot.
jigsawkillah- Oh! I can not posibly say how grateful I am for your wonderful contribution, it has open eyes and you would forever be on top of your game, thankx alot.
Queenxstar- Thanx for making plans with me behind the scene and before the day, your not being around must have a reason
Noble4d- Oh! Baba Noble, this is a man with faith, and great skills tat we should always look out for. He has a great faith that made even Tiffanyj have a reason to change her day with him
flakkydagirl- Wow! I know how it must have felt not to be able to do what you have been planning to do after many days. She had been one of d reasons I got the idea of this workshop after our 'What If' which she was actively involved in. You are a blessing, ma, always remind yourself ma.
TiffanyJ- Wow! My one and only Nairaland 'together we grow team', I will always remember how we call ourselves to different thread to encourage others. I will never forget how many times you've voted for me to be the best writer''. The day you made Fp changed my view and was one of the reasons I now enjoy commenting on almost every literature thread. How can I thank you for the sacrifice you made and how you even wish to continue writing the article thanx.
Missyhorlah- Thanx for everything. Thanx a lot.
Timpaker- Oh! My boss I will never forget your trademark the red color that is the same color of love. You are great and no one is disputing that. Keep the good work going I have finally joined you all fully @ the Poem for review section and hope to be there always.
Dorisbest- Iya oooo. Thanxxxxxxxx
Repogirl- 'Blushing', this is another person i always though would not time but I kept on holding to a string of faith, but she did more than I can think of she came and posted at the time alloted to her. You are a prodigy and I love the Midea's touch you gave your write-up. Pleaseeeee Be a lecturer.
Kingzpen- Oh! Jumping.... This is the killer. He killed everything he had to say in a short write-up, blowing our mind open.
Therock5555- Chief.... Hmm... Hm... Hmmm... I am speechless what can I say to a boss that spared his time and touched the live of people thanxxxxxx a lot..than[/b]
oh my bad,M sorry,school is really sucking me,haven't been active here
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by AudreyTimms(f): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
repogirl:
You're most welcome, divepen, I appreciate the opportunity given me to participate, for it was a good learning experience for even myself. I wish you the best in your endeavors and many more great ideas as this one.
She took the words right out of mouth, Divepen. grin
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by AudreyTimms(f): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
daveP:
(enters in concerto master's suit divided at the back like kirk franklin's. Takes a bow and picks up wand from table.

@ the click of a finger, a hidden wall gives way to a concerto band equipped with clarinets, trombones, OBOE, triangle, trumpets, saxos, violins and whatever is good for orchestral bewilderment. Waves hands as band stimulates the airwaves with a piece of Beethoven.

It ends on a high) Thank you! smiley (sits at piano) my fellow writers. Heres a song for y'all. smiley......

( test runs piano, as band kicks in with support. In high baritonic accent)

As we go on,

we remember,

all the times we, had together

and as our lives change, and whatever,

we will STILL BE....

FRIENDS FOREVERRRRRR........

(Stands to exit after applause, but floodlights refuse to off)

omo make this guy off this thing nah grin (runs)

One Love.

(comes back as Dave)
Lmao! Na wa o! So much drama! I slept off during the beethoven rendition sha!
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by daveP(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
AudreyTimms:

Lmao! Na wa o! So much drama! I slept off during the beethoven rendition sha!
grin that means the record still stands. Many just doze off in comfort when its on play@ concerts. Though not as bad as Enya's.

Hope youre cool? How was your buildup to this workshop? (she exhales)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Covers Stylist Magazine With "We Should All Be Feminist”Shirt / Untitled / Onging Stories Collection Of Clustergist.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.