Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) (16888 Views)

My Last Day In School (complete story) / Nairaland E-workshop And Nairaland Writers Award: How Do We Improve? / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by LarrySun(m): 2:41am On Oct 11, 2014
zyzxx:
yes u do...
My brain stick to what u said b4 dat u will just explain two.

Am so glad sir dat u take ur time to write dis, more wisdom, knowledge and understanding amen.
Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by texanomaly(f): 4:42am On Oct 11, 2014
LarrySun:
If you wish to stay beyond the period booked it is essential that you contact reception office on the evening before the originally-planned departure date.

This example is a conditional sentence. It is important to talk about the rule for using commas in a conditional sentence. They usually have two parts. The part with "if" is a conditional clause. The main clause is the result.

They can come in any order, but in written English if the conditional clause comes first, you put a comma between it and the main clause. You don't use a comma if the main clause comes first. In your example, for instance, there should be a comma between the phrases. I also would have added "the" between contact and reception. It just sounds better to me.

If you wish to stay beyond the period booked(,) it is essential that you contact (the) reception office on the evening before the originally-planned departure date.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by MaziOmenuko: 8:51am On Oct 11, 2014
In conclusion, while writing, have these two words in mind: Sex Sells.

Once you put an underground sex theme to your work, even the rigid writers and readers like larrysun, hbg etc will commend your work grincheesy
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by ZUBY77(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2014
MaziOmenuko:
In conclusion, while writing, have these two words in mind: Sex Sells.

Once you put an underground sex theme to your work, even the rigid writers and readers like larrysun, hbg etc will commend your work grincheesy

How are you Mazi, please contact me on Whatsapp. 08162894984. Let's talk.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by coolestboy(m): 11:40am On Oct 11, 2014
ZUBY77:

How are you Mazi, please contact me on Whatsapp. 08162894984. Let's talk.
U knw y i like you?
Ur heart of appreciation, am sure u're alwz indebted to Mazi in one way or d oda. Especially d fact dt u're bin inspired into writing 2ru its thread (LEGEND OF DA FUCKERZ).
Itz gud bro, keep it up.
But, av nt bin able to read frm ur blog lately. Watcha say?
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by ZUBY77(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
coolestboy:

U knw y i like you?
Ur heart of appreciation, am sure u're alwz indebted to Mazi in one way or d oda. Especially d fact dt u're bin inspired into writing 2ru its thread (LEGEND OF DA FUCKERZ).
Itz gud bro, keep it up.
But, av nt bin able to read frm ur blog lately. Watcha say?

Why haven't you been able to read?
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by coolestboy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
ZUBY77:

Why haven't you been able to read?
D recent devt saga....bar no strong bro. And am addicted already.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by ZUBY77(m): 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
coolestboy:

D recent devt saga....bar no strong bro. And am addicted already.

Speak English.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by coolestboy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
ZUBY77:

Speak English.
U be clown...
Jesus spoke in parables and so did I.
Grant my request!
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by OMA4U(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2014
Finally, Mr Larry is able to bless us with lectures on punctuation marks. Even if they are just three, it's commendable. Better late than never. Thanks, Nairaland Literature Section is indebted!

You've really helped me with the use of 'comma'. I don't know why, comma confuses me a lot.

Thanks, Larry.

And Texanomaly, you're right. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by treasuregr8(f): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2014
I love this thread..learning..
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by NkyOtk: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Divepen:
Please if you miss your time, you cannot use another person's time, I will have to help you fix another time

Nkyotk, we are waiting for you.

i'm so sorry, i was off the internet for a while. Sorry I missed this

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by PrettySpicey(f): 3:54am On Oct 16, 2014
hey whitemosquito, this is the sample I want you to help me with....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Presentation Meeting was finally over. It had lasted longer than she’d anticipated. Dragged on by an endless stream of questions, debates, reassurances and defences, it had taken an hour and half longer to close up.

Now that it was all over, hosts and Participants were now clustering in twos and threes for the usual after-work chitchat.
Alexandra Ameze Iguodaro usually enjoyed the blow-off-steam chitchats that followed this sort of meetings. But not this time. She was running late already. Her iPad, notepad and laptop neatly gathered and dropped into her black briefcase handbag, she got swiftly to her feet. Indicating by a nod of her head that she was leaving, she left her Creative Director, Nicholas to finish off whatever was left.

She glided effortlessly on her black heels, through the elegantly furnished and conventionally designed conference hall of the Heritage Hotel towards the door, making sure to avoid eye contact with any of the chitchatting groups.

The bid for the hotel’s advertising contract had been made almost three months earlier when the newly acquired Heritage Hotel property at Adeola Odeku had still been undergoing finishing touches. With the edifice now an awe-inspiring reality, a Presentation Meeting with only three of the bidding advertising agencies had been scheduled for that afternoon. And because they’d been just three, she hadn’t expected the meeting to take long at all.

The second her feet stepped through the open slide door into the hall, Alex raced for the elevator, hoping to be inside it before anyone would notice and stop her.

“Ms Alexandra?”

The calm grave voice of the hotel’s Advertising Manager halted her.

Alex stared at the elevator desperately, just one more step and she’d have made it too, she sighed. She was almost tempted to take that step. But this was the Manager in charge of a contract she was bidding for. So fixing a bright smile on her face she turned.

“Yes, Mr. Kwan?” For Christ’s sakes let this not be another Q & A section!

She watched with a silent desperation as the compactly built man walked towards her in what she’d come to term his unhurried-quick-steps.

**Thanks smiley ***
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by whitemosquito(f): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2014
What exactly do you want me to do? Ur narrative is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by festwiz(m): 7:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Please help rate and review this story. https://www.nairaland.com/1953786/5man-crew#27475063 thanks
Re: Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) by rapmike(m): 12:09am On Nov 07, 2014
whitemosquito:
What exactly do you want me to do? Ur narrative is perfect.

White mosquito, please help me rate my story; The Circle of Three. Please check my profile for the story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Oriki Of Ikoyi - I've Just Translated It To English, How Fair/bad I Am? / Onging Stories Collection Of Clustergist.com / The Girl Next Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.