Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

For Lawyers And Law Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For Lawyers And Law Students (643 Views)

5 Universities That Do Not Accept 2 Sittings In O’level For Medicine And Law / National Open University Of Nigeria Law Students And Graduates. / Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Lawyers And Law Students by Viciyke(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2008
Am a law student, but i find it very diffcult digesting cases and statutory provisions. Pls i need advice on how to remember these aspect of law as it is the most important thing in d law profession. Tanks
Re: For Lawyers And Law Students by maedan(f): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2008
It's true that you need cases and statutory provisions, especially during tests and exams because they impress the lecturers so much. But how to memorise them? Noone has any hard and fast rules.

The thing is, start from day one, and not a few weeks to exam, to know your cases and stats. If you start early, you get used to them. What we used to do was, we had a case book and a provisions book. In the case book, we summarized the cases given to us, and tried to memorise them topic by topic. You put the relevant cases under the topics they were taught, and tried to make a connection in your mind that would stick. The same went for the stat. provs.

I don't know how my friends did it, but I hardly used too many cases or provs during exam, but I made good grades bc I knew the principles, and most times that's what the lecturer really cares about. I made it thru my Bar Exam without one single case or prov, shameful, I know. Just try your best and leave the rest. wink

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Students, Help! / Please Help Me / The Best University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.