Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,186 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? (1971 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) / Is My Wife A User?? - Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Tallesty1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why would a man marry an irresponsible wife?

Isn't that irresponsible?
How will he know?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tallesty1: How will he know?

By getting to know her before marriage.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Tallesty1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

By getting to know her before marriage.
She will show only what she wants him to know.

Pretenders are many
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by beeevan: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

My friend has been married for ten years and suddenly,her husband started this curfew thing. She MUST be home by 7pm regardless of where she is and what she's doing.

Countless times,she has slept outside her gate in her car because she came back some minutes past 7pm. In fact, on one occasion, she called her hubby to explain that she may not finish what she was doing to beat the 7pm curfew but the man refused. She had to start rushing back home. On getting home,the man had locked the gate and to make matters worse, she had a guest in her home.

I don't understand it though but.... i dunno what to say.

Nawaoooh!!! All these to stay married?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tallesty1: She will show only what she wants him to know.

Pretenders are many

Very few people are such good actors that they are able to pretend to be someone they are not for a long time.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
beeevan: .

Nawaoooh!!! All these to stay married?

She's in an abusive marriage (according to her) but has decided to endure because according to her "she has no where to go to".

So a curfew is one of the least things she has to endure. My prayer is that she doesn't get hurt one day.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Tallesty1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Very few people are such good actors that they are able to pretend to be someone they are not for a long time.

atleast they do exist and most people don't date for long b4 doing the needful.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by beeevan: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

She's in an abusive marriage (according to her) but has decided to endure because according to her "she has no where to go to".

So a curfew is one of the least things she has to endure. My prayer is that she doesn't get hurt one day.

Nawaoooh!! Am really Short of words here.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tallesty1: atleast they do exist and most people don't date for long b4 doing the needful.

Then a curfew won't help them either.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva: She's in an abusive marriage (according to her) but has decided to endure because according to her "she has no where to go to".

I can wager that this woman has no source of income except the man.

Thats why she is still in the marriage, If she leaves what would she eat? Most women who stay in abusive marriages especially in Africa is due to economic reasons

Thats why economic independence would be one of the ways to avoid abuse

3 Likes

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Abrilla(f): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
I was placed under curfew by husband last year
He didn't like the company I kept
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

Yes she did.

When he's home,he maintains his curfew. Crackhaus what don't understand
Okay...he monitors her only when he's home, got it!

Now what is the reason for this curfew. You're her friend and she's not here, so go ahead.
Has she been involved in suspicious activities recently?
Where is her husband's suspicion coming from?

Most importantly...why does she need to stay out later than 7pm on purpose, minus the effect of traffic?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
Okay...he monitors her only when he's home, got it!

Now what is the reason for this curfew. You're her friend and she's not here, so go ahead.
Has she been involved in suspicious activities recently?
Where is her husband's suspicion coming from?

Most importantly...why does she need to stay out later than 7pm on purpose, minus the effect of traffic?

Lol... crackhaus hapu m aka...
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

Lol... crackhaus hapu m aka...
What a story grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Being A Pastor Or An Imam A Guarantee Of A Happy Home? / Married And Faithful Club / See How Married Woman Now Deal With Husband Snatcher (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.