Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? (1969 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) / Is My Wife A User?? - Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Kai! some of the answers in this video... “Its very good to have such things!!” shocked shocked shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2eqQkjm9lc

What do you think - is it okay for a man to give his wife a curfew ??
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Tallesty1(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2014
If the wife is irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by purplesummer(f): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Can a Nigerian wife place a curfew for her husband?

4 Likes

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Mynd44: 9:27am On Sep 11, 2014
A curfew on a grown woman?

This is hilariously crazy

5 Likes

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by cococandy(f): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2014
Why would a married person need a curfew?
Unless they don't realize the responsibility they've under taken by saying I DO.

If you're a husband or wife you don't reminding that you've duties waiting for you at home.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Kanwulia: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2014
So glad the BIBLICAL IJJIOTS are few in number! kiss
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2014
Mynd44: A curfew on a grown woman?

This is hilariously crazy
you are obviously an ardent supporter of equality of the sexes, in the same vain, you believe women have fish brains or sorry fish like behavior (that is attempting to put it mildly), u try well well.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Curfew gini? shocked
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by iykedare(m): 10:15am On Sep 11, 2014
purplesummer: Can a Nigerian wife place a curfew for her husband?

who is the head of the home?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by mykindofperfect(f): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2014
A wife and mother should know and do the right thing
If a married woman needs curfew it means she's not ready for family life cos it doesn't make sense to keep late nights when you have a husband and kids... Except she's a banker

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 10:35am On Sep 11, 2014
laraxxx: Kai! some of the answers in this video... “Its very good to have such things!!” shocked shocked shocked

What do you think - is it okay for a man to give his wife a curfew ??
In what context?

- Is it that the wife is in the habit of staying out late when she should otherwise be home?
- Or it that the man just sets a time which his wife MUST be home regardless of whatever thing that might be delaying her?

If it's the former, then Yes...a man in that situation can set a curfew on his irresponsible wife.

If it's the latter, then No...a sensible woman should already know she's supposed to be home at a certain time, and if for some reason she's running late, she should also know to call her husband & inform him of her delay.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by ahnie: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2014
things are really Happening.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
ur wife is ur property so do watEva u like. *runs out of thread*
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
In what context?

- Is it that the wife is in the habit of staying out late when she should otherwise be home?
- Or it that the man just sets a time which his wife MUST be home regardless of whatever thing that might be delaying her?

If it's the former, then Yes...a man in that situation can set a curfew for his irresponsible wife.

If it's the latter, then No...a sensible woman should already know she's supposed to be home at a certain time, and if for some reason she's running late, she should also know to call her husband to inform him of her delay.

My friend has been married for ten years and suddenly,her husband started this curfew thing. She MUST be home by 7pm regardless of where she is and what she's doing.

Countless times,she has slept outside her gate in her car because she came back some minutes past 7pm. In fact, on one occasion, she called her hubby to explain that she may not finish what she was doing to beat the 7pm curfew but the man refused. She had to start rushing back home. On getting home,the man had locked the gate and to make matters worse, she had a guest in her home.

I don't understand it though but.... i dunno what to say.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

My friend has been married for ten years and suddenly,her husband started this curfew thing. She MUST be home by 7pm regardless of where she is and what she's doing.

Countless times,she has slept outside her gate in her car because she came back some minutes past 7pm. In fact, on one occasion, she called her hubby to explain that she may not finish what she was doing to beat the 7pm curfew but the man refused. She had to start rushing back home. On getting home,the man had locked the gate and to make matters worse, she had a guest in her home.

I don't understand it though but.... i dunno what to say.
You're being serious? shocked

What on God's green earth led to him placing a curfew in the first place if it's work that keeps her out?
Has she been caught hanging out at suspicious places in the past, or did she cheat on him before?

I'm finding it hard to understand how it is that after 10years living together, the man just up and decided she must be home before 7pm for no reason whatsoever.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
You're being serious? shocked

What on God's green earth led to him placing a curfew in the first place if it's work that keeps her out?
Has she been caught hanging out at suspicious places in the past, or did she cheat on him before?

I'm finding it hard to understand how it is that after 10years living together, the man just up and decided she must be home before 7pm for no reason whatsoever.

He opened a frozen foods business for her in his hometown which is like 45 mins from where she
lives in town. At the time,she would come back home late from the place and all that but he never complained according to her. But then the biz folded and he suddenly became strict. One of the days he tried it,the young woman went out to get stockfish that she ordered for him but the supplier was coming from P.H and couldn't get in earlier than 7.

Her question however is : if she's cheating and the man locks her out like that, don't u think it's better for her because he'll just end up chasing her right back to her supposed lover?

But she always slept outside her gate. She didn't even go to her mum's so that no one would say it was in a man's house that she slept.

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

He opened a frozen foods business for her in his hometown which is like 45 mins from where she
lives in town. At the time,she would come back home late from the place and all that but he never complained according to her. But then the biz folded and he suddenly became strict. One of the days he tried it,the young woman went out to get stockfish that she ordered for him but the supplier was coming from P.H and couldn't get in earlier than 7.

Her question however is : if she's cheating and the man locks her out like that, don't u think it's better for her because he'll just end up chasing her right back to her supposed lover?

But she always slept outside her gate. She didn't even go to her mum's so that no one would say it was in a man's house that she slept.
That's some bad thinking right there by your friend. If her husband locks her out, that does not make it better for her to do anything.

About the business, you said it folded...so what is it that still keeps her out later than 7pm?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by cococandy(f): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some disgusting things one read here everyday.
So if he stays out later than 7pm for no fault of his,hope he'll lock himself outside too undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
That's some bad thinking right there by your friend. If her husband locks her out, that does not make it better for her to do anything.

About the business, you said it folded...so what is it that still keeps her out later than 7pm?

No. I think the man suspects her hence the curfew. And her argument therefore is: if u are doing all these things because u suspect that I'm cheating, won't you be driving me right back into the arms of the same man I'm sleeping with? Just like saying "don't nag a man about stuff because u may end up chasing him into the arms of the same woman". Hope u get me.

Not folded per say. They turned it into a satchet water factory and she oversees it too but it certainly doesn't keep her out late.

She usually goes to a salon to make her hair and on one of those days,they weren't able to finish before 7 and she called her hubby too to inform him but he refused. She had to carry half of her hair not made to return home early but it was already past 7!

There are naturally things beyond ur control that may delay u. Traffic for example

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
cococandy: Some disgusting things one read here everyday.
So if he stays out later than 7pm for no fault of his,hope he'll lock himself outside too undecided

Sometimes he doesn't come home at all sef.... lol.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by cococandy(f): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Prick
kreamidiva:

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
cococandy: Prick

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin wickkid!!!
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by cococandy(f): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some men really get away with bullshitt.
It's disgusting
kreamidiva:

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin wickkid!!!
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

No. I think the man suspects her hence the curfew. And her argument therefore is: if u are doing all these things because u suspect that I'm cheating, won't you be driving me right back into the arms of the same man I'm sleeping with? Just like saying "don't nag a man about stuff because u may end up chasing him into the arms of the same woman". Hope u get me.

Not folded per say. They turned it into a satchet water factory and she oversees it too but it certainly doesn't keep her out late.

She usually goes to a salon to make her hair and on one of those days,they weren't able to finish before 7 and she called her hubby too to inform him but he refused. She had to carry half of her hair not made to return home early but it was already past 7!

There are naturally things beyond ur control that may delay u. Traffic for example
Okay now that her husband has put her on a 7pm curfew, and you say the new sachet water business 'certainly' does not keep her out late, isn't it better to keep to the curfew than cause more problems?

You talking of traffic and hair, both of which can be effectively time managed to avoid going over time. If she has no problem carrying a half-done hair home just to be on time, I take it she actually wants to obey her husband...so it's best for her to fix her schedules appropriately.

You still haven't given me a reason as to why this current curfew is in effect.
You say her husband suspects her of cheating, my question is why.
What did she do or what has she been involved in recently or in the near past that makes her husband suspicious of her?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
kreamidiva:

She told you this also?
How then is he able to monitor her keeping with his curfew?

Your story keeps getting entangled...
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Heheheheheeee! cheesy
See policing!
They never born d maga w go do that.
Not only will I look for a well packaged man to keep me warm, I will also drink myself to stupor so I will hv clear eye and conscience to face him in d morning.

Olociousness plus monkey brain gives stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by cococandy(f): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:

I was going to ask that too.
Or is that he monitors her the days he's around.

Weird couple. And after 10yrs for that matter.
Mtchew undecided
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by crackhaus: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
cococandy:

Mtchew undecided
It's a wonderment **in Chief Zebrudaya's voice**
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
7 o'clock curfew? That's what a man gets when he wife's up a LovePeddler. No decent person should be out late except for work or traffic.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tallesty1: If the wife is irresponsible

Why would a man marry an irresponsible wife?

Isn't that irresponsible?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
She told you this also?

Your story keeps getting entangled...

Yes she did.

When he's home,he maintains his curfew. Crackhaus what don't understand
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Give His Wife A CURFEW ?? by kreamidiva(f): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
cococandy:

Mtchew undecided

My dear, he monitors her when he's around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Normal? Please Help!!! / These 3D Floors Will Blow Your Mind. / Should A Guy Find A Partner Because He Is Living Alone And Loneliness?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.