Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? (4094 Views)

Falcao Set To Sign For Arsenal / (SPORTS) My Son Is Worth N200m -U 17 Kelechi Iheanacho Dad's / I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Vieira(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2006
My son has grown up with my Arsenal obsession and my wife has started complaining!

The problem is that her brother is a Chelsea fan and is trying to convert my son, he said he will buy my son a Chelsea jersey.

I told my wife in private that if he buys that jersey I will dash it to Oxfam and my son will never wear it!

She thinks that I am brainwashing the kid, he is 3 and he recognises Henry and if he sees any Arsenal top on a person he will go to them and pull the shirt and say Arsenal in his baby voice.

He also insists on wearing his Arsenal top to parties which his mum does not like!

Do you think there is anything wrong in what I am doing?
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by under18(f): 11:49am On Jul 27, 2006
Ok man!
I now know you have a son.
the message has sank.
Lets see the picturesof your family as i guess
u want us to know
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by aloib(f): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2006
oh my gosh, well it happens, its ok , but pls dont let it be that bad that u wouldnt let him wear the chealsea jersey

under18, damn!! he has a cute son, wish he was old, i swear ill marry the son o
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by iice(f): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2006
Sis u remember that our friend wey u dey always fight with? Na de same thing hin dey talk, say hin child must play football, say child must like Arsenal lol
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by under18(f): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2006
Who knows he is our Arsenal Vieira.
take him to Arsenal academy we will retain him

I want your picture,wife and those tthree sons.
hurry up
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2006
I will be a blue man here.

So you will give an expensive shirt to Oxfam( charity shop). Na wa o.

I go ask Seun to ban you. grin

At age 3, please you people should not confuse the boy o. Let him enjoy football now then he will choose his team.

You know in England, eachmember of a family may be supporting different team.

Over 95% of my friends are Gunners, in fact all my three wives support Arsenal. What can i do?

I hereby post your son's picture again.

Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by under18(f): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2006
Three wives?
How do you manage to satisfy all those women?
You must be a millionaire lol.
am scared here all men are married.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2006
@Vieria

Please dont post your family picture jare. What for?

@Aloib

So, you can marry somebody by just their look. grin
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2006
@U-18

Its okay.

I am just hundrednaire.

Soon, i am going for the 4th one on Nairaland soon.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by aloib(f): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2006
lmao that razz man joke!! na wah o, yeah i know, i ave an uncle like that too
iice:

Sis u remember that our friend wey u dey always fight with? Na de same thing hin dey talk, say hin child must play football, say child must like Arsenal lol

chai akolawole, 3 wives shocked shocked

yea o, men i'm ugly i ave to marry fine boy o so my kids could be fine abeg, i ave suffered so much wid this ugliness
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by under18(f): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
who will the 4th woman be?
should i call her lucky or what?

Who has that spoit son. I love the Arsenal
kitty he has. He is so dark that I can only see eyes.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by nightrider: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
vieira

you are right to brain wash your son, very very right

the bible says bring up a child in the way that he should go and he'll never depart from it

You can't risk him supporting a crappy, expensively boring blue team or a dumb a.ss red team. You need him to fly like emirates baby!!!!

to be slick like henry and agile like lehman, you need him to be strong like toure and smart like fabregas, you need him to be experienced like wenger and bleed like a gunner.

so man brainwash the boy, brain wash him. And keep arsenal in family for generations to come. angry
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2006
nightrider:

1) the bible says bring up a child in the way that he should go and he'll never depart from it

2) You can't risk him supporting a crappy, expensively boring blue team or a dumb a.ss red team. You need him to fly like emirates baby!!!!

1) Pastor NightRider grin

2) Dumb red that is far far better than Gunners.

Boring side that BORINGLY beat the so called Guners three times in one season, posting boring six goals past agile Lenman in the presence of Smart Febregas.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by otolorin(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2006
Akola - whatever it is!
viera - its so, so nice to hear your son will pull me by my arsenal shirt and mumble the word 'ARSENAL' - no beta decision as per the footballin career of ur child.

but dont teach him to hate chelski - dat'll be utterly wrong
you can only make him see reasons to love arsenal beta!
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by under18(f): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2006
Because its Arsenal go ahead to brainwash him.
so is that your son?
let me see your pic abi.

the man with 3 wives
I ask again who is your 4th catch on this nairaland?
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Vieira(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2006
Under18, you can check my profile for my pix and also a link to my site.

Nightrider, I like the idea of my son having all those attributes.

I do not want him learning:

the handballing skills of Drogba

the diving of Robben

the misyarning of Murinho

the dirty tackling of Essien

grin
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Jackal(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ Vieira,
U stand the risk of being charged for child abuse by the Metropolitan Police if u brainwash ur kid.
Hey, this is the UK where the laws are too twisted and complicated.
If ur kids prefers Millwall and u are forcing Arsenal on him and he mentions it in school then u might land in troubled waters.
To an average white folk, u are abusing the right of that child.
Let the kid enjoy football and let him decide who he wants to support.
Children's welfare are very sensitive in the UK.
A word is enough for the wise. wink
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by menike(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2006
@Vieira

Dude if I have a Son - I guarantee y'all , He wud be born in North London n' wud be a Die Hard Gunner fan.

(If he plays for Arsenal someday, That wud only make me a proud Dad) grin cheesy
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2006
menike:

I guarantee y'all , He would be born in North London n' would be a Die Hard Gunner fan.

By their fruits, ye shall know them.

That is the characteristics of Gunners all over the world ( most expecially Naija ones).

Just look at Jackal's advice: Proper football fan.

In Church on Sundays, i don't have problem with the service of the day but Arsenal fans, their argument is , , i am sure few of them will be smuggling guns to the house of the Lord. grin

@Vieria

Personally, i don't mind if your Son plays for arsenal but i will fight with your Household if i hear that that Wenger pays him peanut ( £400 a week).

[size=13pt]I want your Son to earn as much as David Beckham and Ferdinands of this world.
[/size]

I don't want one French man to sell off Tade to IICC of Ibadan or Ashanti Kotoko of Ghana because he is 28.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by aloib(f): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2006
akolawole angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry, where in IB are u
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by kellorah: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2006
leave the little child, he will grow out of it soon (well,hopefully). my lil brother is obsessed about footie like mad. he's got may of the books, cards and what not!.i don't think he'll be this obsessed in 5 year's time when he'll have bare exams to be thinking about.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2006
aloib:

akolawole angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry, where in IB are u

See me see wahala o.

This woman dey pusue me all around.

I am in Bashorun-extension
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by aloib(f): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
hiissss and ure happy, watever , was just wondering cos i lived in IB, hisss
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by soccerchic(f): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2006
@Vierira

I must agree your son is so cuteeeeee and that arsanal jersey look good on him, so please keep encouraging him.
Infact, sent him to me here in Canada for his next vacation and trust me by the time he goes back, he will only know one team and that is ARSENAL the great. Your wife can come too since he is a minor and I will make sure I " brainwash" her too grin I have succeded in 'brainwashing" /educating my 2 year old nephew in joing the mighty team. And i will make sure that he stays that way grin

GO ARSENAL GOOOOO grin
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Nutter(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2006
@Vieira,

Your question is not worthy of a true Gunner. It’s not brainwashing, it’s education wink. Can you imagine the kind of dysfunction that will come with raising the poor boy to be a Juventino or a Chelskite (and don’t even get me started on Man U)? Bring the boy to our new stadium built by Kings for Kings jare. No need for long story.

Raise him Gunner; raise him proud!
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by bagoma(f): 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ veira,
what better team is there to support than the great Arsenal football club.
you are doing the right thing man.
my little two and half year old son screams "Arsenal win" every time a goal is scored in a football match regardless of which club/country is playing. cheesy

Really, its one of the best legacy to leave a child: guiding him to follow d best club in d world from infancy. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Arsenal wins!
Arsenal rules!!
Arsenal forever!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2006
This arsenal people, i tire o grin
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by kellorah: 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2006
Akolawole:

This arsenal people, i tire o grin
lmfao
me 2
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Vieira(m): 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2006
@Jackal: Millwall??

Never!!! That will even be worse child abuse if I see my son going down the wrong path and not correcting him!!!

SoccerChic, I am applying for canadian visa for my son but I was told that in Canada people get attacked by bears everyday!!

Nutter, I hear you. I will bring him up the right way!

Bagoma, nice to see that you are training your little one in the right way.

Kola, you see the passion of Gunners? Even after a season of winning nothing we are still the proudest and most fervent fans around.

Gunners4Life!!!
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by diddy4(m): 12:18am On Jul 28, 2006
i dont see any harm u are doing. prolly when he grows he will choose the right part. might still be with arsenal or might go with chelsea.
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by Akolawole(m): 2:47am On Jul 28, 2006
Vieira:

Kola, you see the passion of Gunners? Even after a season of winning nothing we are still the proudest and most fervent fans around.

Passion or what do you call it?

Most fervent or most FANATIC.

You are trophyless last season but is that going to change now?

I doubt it [ I MAY BE WRONG]
Re: Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? by wormedup(m): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2006
maybe i should just report all u arsenal FANatics to the polizie and we find out how right u guys are in child upbringing grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9japredict Scams, Beware Of 9japredict. My Story With 9japredict. / Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 / Super Bowl XLVI: Giants Vs Patriots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.