Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu (12101 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Donkaz(m): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2014
this ebola of a disease no dey taya??
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by datbay(m): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Thank God
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by CyberWolf: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2014
nawa oo
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by slimmoney(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2014
hushmail: good news 4 9ja

hope say d woman no contract EVD 4 testing centre
abeg help me ask o cos na wetin dey my mind 2

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by MaziOmenuko: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2014
From what I read, the test are not 100% certain! To be on the safe side, she should be exported back to Morocco or SA with immediate effect! She's been in Guinea and congo for a period of time; she's stooling and vomiting for crying out loud!

When did Nigeria become an African centre for disease control? Let her get her ar'se back to SA abeg!

We have a lot in our hands right now!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by smudge2079(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2014
thank God!
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by slimmoney(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dis african countries now see nigeria as d final destination 2 their health issues cos we alwayz like 2 claim big brother every time

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by mugamboshino(m): 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
I'm happy for her and wish her speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Dreyl(m): 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thank God!
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by ceejayluv(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nobleval: Ok. Can we deport her now?
Nope...
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by ceejayluv(m): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
MaziOmenuko: From what I read, the test are not 100% certain! To be on the safe side, she should be exported back to Morocco or SA with immediate effect! She's been in Guinea and congo for a period of time; she's stooling and vomiting for crying out loud!

When did Nigeria become an African centre for disease control? Let her get her ar'se back to SA abeg!

We have a lot in our hands right now!

Sorry, but you can't bundle the lady into a plane as she didn't commit any immigration crime. She has to be taken care of and tested to satisfaction. If she's negative, she's free to continue her trip as she'll pose no danger to passengers. If otherwise, then the south African authorities can evacuate her or she can be treated here.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
iiiyyyk:

so if all the results came out positive u wiil be satisfy

please note the current death rate for ebola is 55%, and if things are done well, people report early before manisfestertion of signs, it can be reduced to 20- 30 %.

Not quite. Current death rate is 80%.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
iiiyyyk:

so if all the results came out positive u wiil be satisfy

please note the current death rate for ebola is 55%, and if things are done well, people report early before manisfestertion of signs, it can be reduced to 20- 30 %.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by makazona(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
why are they hurriedly declaring every case as negative?

Haba
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by IamChuks(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
grin grin
hushmail: good news 4 9ja

hope say d woman no contract EVD 4 testing centre

cheesy
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
ceejayluv:
Nope...
meaning what? Maybe we should give her an award.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by epospiky(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Is this for real? I read yesterday that she was tested positive for EVD. How come the result is negative today? Why the confusion, PRESS?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
CoolHunk:
Poster was referring to the death rate in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Youngzedd(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
adekayo1234: hmmmn.... may God continue to protection us

no vex o.....I just say make I try buy landed properties for Nl. 419s should keep off grin grin
no vex o... na university I wan build for that land up there but my friend talk say make I make future plans for accommodation

with this hectares of land here, I should be richer than Dangote gringrin

Ghetto dream.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by onyxo76(m): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Smilenw: Not being a pessimist here, but are these tests giving out the correct results or are we being kept in the dark ? People with full blown symptoms go in for tests and come back with negative results like nurse Justina's fiance, OAU student, SA woman..Anyways if its indeed true, then kudos to our Govt.
exactly my thought too, i just don't seem to trust these results even though i don't wish anyone dead. Suddenly all these people seem to be having negative results of late unlike when late sawyer was picked up... have we suddenly become immune? or are being fed half truths... the OAU student had been in contact with that late PH doctor and had very classical symptoms only for her result to come back clean....
i think we have a lot of 'downplaying' going on here... let everyone just be very careful.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by stevecantrell: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Smilenw: ^ Justina' s fiance said they ran the test thrice. His result came positive twice and negative once. The OAU student had blood in her stool and vomit and they had confirmed she had established contact with late doctor. They had released press statements agreeing with the rumor and then a audden u turn. The SA woman was brisked away because some prelim test showed she tested positive (thats wht the report I read said) And suddenly their results come back negative. If a man who tested positive twice could get a negative result third time, all these negative results should be checked and re checked before they are discharged.

I pity those who killed themselves after testing positive for hiv in a Nigerian lab. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by sujex2015: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
ichidodo: Ebola like all viral diseases has an incubation period...put her in the cooler and test her again....
if symptoms has started showing....it has then passed incubation period.....
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by thwarrior72: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
That southee should be bundled home immediately....pesky people undecided
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by sujex2015: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
onyxo76: exactly my thought too, i just don't seem to trust these results even though i don't wish anyone dead. Suddenly all these people seem to be having negative results of late unlike when late sawyer was picked up... have we suddenly become immune? or are being fed half truths... the OAU student had been in contact with that late PH doctor and had very classical symptoms only for her result to come back clean....
i think we have a lot of 'downplaying' going on here... let everyone just be very careful.
why did they stil confirm d ones dat r positive, dis is a national threat nd dey r taking it more serious than anything......wot wl they gain 2 hastingly declare them negative? U had contact mst nt make u +ve expt contact with symptomatic ones.....u guys r always hapi 4 bad news......

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nigeria playing big brother Africa since 1960.

In the light of the new trend of coming out negative, isn't it wise if they leave them in isolation to actually complete the 21 days?

Whatever happens, this woman should be sent back to SA or made to stay in quarantine for 21days, SA will treat a Nigerian worse.

We can't continue to swallow Chukwu's words hook, line and sinker! Guy is a complete politrickcian who is more concerned with staying relevant than safeguarding our health. I hope he is not trying to justify his 22nd September resumption date.

God, in thee do we put our trust!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by sujex2015: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
epospiky: Is this for real? I read yesterday that she was tested positive for EVD. How come the result is negative today? Why the confusion, PRESS?
she was suspected.....d test result was nt yet out then......
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Richy4(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
Abi she no no road to her country?
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Ann2deals(f): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
I don't think ebola is real because i have not gotten any news that ebola killed any Nigeria citizen among all the people that board the same
flight with that man who was ebola positive.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by lordmayor2013(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Her identity was disclose but I got I back pics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stale / 7 Scientifically Proven Ways To Stimulate Brain Cell Growth / Neurogenesis / COVID-19 Update For October 3 2020 In Nigeria - (2,968 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.