Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) (1367 Views)

Please, HELP. I Have A Problem With My Audacity Software / Audacity Software How Efficient Is It? / ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2014
About Audacity

Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages. You can use Audacity to:

1.Record live audio.
2.Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
3.Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
4.Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
5.Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
6.Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
And more! See the complete list of features.

About Free Software

Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Free software is not just free of cost (like "free beer"wink. It is free as in freedom (like "free speech"wink. Free software gives you the freedom to use a program, study how it works, improve it and share it with others. For more information, visit the Free Software Foundation.

Programs like Audacity are also called open source software, because their source code is available for anyone to study or use. There are thousands of other free and open source programs, including the Firefox web browser, the openoffice.org office suite and entire Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu.

you can use it for recording any sound, in case you cant afford a studio section. you can use it with some plugin and you will get some great result.
though am new to it so lets discuss about it and let see how we could help each other in improving on any current project or work we are in.
thanks

if you are new to it you can download it from here
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

for some amazing plugin to help you achieve good sound result download it here
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/plugins
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2014
Can I remove the vocals from a recording to make a Karaoke track?

This is possible only for certain stereo tracks. When the vocals are exactly the same on both stereo channels, you can remove them by “subtracting” one channel from the other. This works for many studio recordings, where the vocal track is mixed exactly in the center.

To do this in Audacity

Import your stereo file into Audacity.
Open the track menu (click the arrow next to the track title), and choose “Split Stereo Track.”
Select the lower track (the right channel) by clicking it in the area around the mute/solo buttons.
Choose “Invert” from the Effects menu.
Using the track menus, change each track to “Mono.”

Press the Play button to hear the results. If you are lucky, the voice will be gone but most of the other instruments will be unaffected, just like a karaoke track. You can use the Export commands in the File menu to save the results.

If the vocals are not exactly the same on both stereo channels, there are some other techniques or optional plug-ins you can try. Please see our Vocal Removal Audacity Wiki page for more details.

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Vocal_Removal
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
i will upload some OF my great song i did with audacity.
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
new version for this great software is out.
go to the link at the top to download it
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by MrTeymee(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
*following.... Op are u a producer?
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 6:42am On Dec 18, 2014
MrTeymee:
*following.... Op are u a producer?
no but i do my song by myself with this software. If you cant afford a studio section this is the right one for you,. Your mic on your laptop is what you will use for recording.
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by MrTeymee(m): 8:34am On Dec 18, 2014
fnep2smooth:
no but i do my song by myself with this software. If you cant afford a studio section this is the right one for you,. Your mic on your laptop is what you will use for recording.
Op abeg I need dis software how can I get it?
With it you can voice on instrumentals ryt?
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 8:48am On Dec 18, 2014
MrTeymee:

Op abeg I need dis software how can I get it?
With it you can voice on instrumentals ryt?
yeah...
it has great features. go to the top of the thread and you will see the link. follow up.. You won't regret it. I have done about 10 song now. just for fun sha but I pray people hear it some day
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by MrTeymee(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2014
fnep2smooth:
yeah...
it has great features. go to the top of the thread and you will see the link. follow up.. You won't regret it. I have done about 10 song now. just for fun sha but I pray people hear it some day
How big is the file?
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 9:10am On Dec 18, 2014
MrTeymee:

How big is the file?
not up to 30mb
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by MrTeymee(m): 9:32am On Dec 18, 2014
fnep2smooth:

not up to 30mb
Can I download it with my fone?
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by MrTeymee(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2014
fnep2smooth:

not up to 30mb
Just download it. I imported an instrumental. Hw do I record on it
Re: Do You Use AUDACITY? Lets Meet Here. ( For Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Producer) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
MrTeymee:

Just download it. I imported an instrumental. Hw do I record on it
move your mouse to the round red button. that's the record

(1) (Reply)

Bed Of Stone. . Asa. . Album Review / Downlload Hot Music: Davido – Owo Ni Koko / DOWNLOAD: Dremo – Thieves In Uniform (End Sars) • Mp3 •

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.