Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

My Computer Gets Slow - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Computer Gets Slow (520 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? / Why Is My Laptop So Slow? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Computer Gets Slow by kaillybatt: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2014
i work on internet marketing and online promotions. Please suggest me, best tips to keep away from formatting every 3 months.
Re: My Computer Gets Slow by Unionised(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2014
Do the traditional DISK CLEANUP every month end.

Formatting too frequently will kill your hard drive.
Re: My Computer Gets Slow by Harmilly: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2014
Unionised: Do the traditional DISK CLEANUP every month end.

Formatting too frequently will kill your hard drive.
yu can also upgrade ur RAM so as to make it faster
Re: My Computer Gets Slow by Unionised(m): 11:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Harmilly: yu can also upgrade ur RAM so as to make it faster

And when it gets full of junk again, you upgrade?

That's expensive.

Do you buy a new WARDROBE every time the OLD one gets full?

Just clear out the junks...
Re: My Computer Gets Slow by Fulaman198(m): 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
1. Get a good computer (core i3 minimum with at least 4gb of RAM)
2. Get powerful internet and computer security
3. Get a computer running Windows 8.1 64-bit
4. Install your OS to an SSD of at least 128gb
5. Don't go to bad websites
Re: My Computer Gets Slow by Kajool: 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
If your computer is slow, it doesn't matter how fast your Internet connection is, the whole thing will just seem slow. You can only access the Internet as fast as your PC will allow you to.
One of the quickest and easiest computer upgrades you can perform to increase the performance of your web browser is to install more or better RAM on your computer.
2.Upgrade your router. If your router is old, chances are it can barely keep up with modern web traffic. Old wireless routers will also have weak antennae, which can leave your devices without a solid connection to the network. All of this combined can lead to sub-optimal speeds when browsing the web.
Look for routers from trusted companies such as Netgear, D-Link, Cisco, and Belkin. Make sure that the included antennae are strong enough to reach everywhere that you need.
If you are covering a large area with your wireless network, you may need to install a repeater. This will rebroadcast your wireless signal in another area of your home or office, and greatly increases the range of your wireless network.
3.Replace your old cable modem. Any solid-state electronics will degrade over time due to accumulated heat damage. Your broadband modem will have a harder and harder time 'concentrating' on maintaining a good connection as it gets older (signal to noise ratios will go down, and the number of resend requests for the same packet will go up). An after-market cable modem as opposed to a cable-company modem will frequently offer a better connection.
Make sure that any third-party cable modem you purchase will work with your current service provider.
4.Try to use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi. If you can, try to hardwire as many of your connected devices as possible. This will lead to higher speeds for those devices, as well as less interference for your remaining wireless devices, such as tablets and phones. I can advise you to download this software, which can extremely help-CCleaner.
Good Registry Cleaner will improve your computer and Internetperformance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ once it will sounds better ...

(1) (Reply)

Pls Cn Any1 Hlp Me Wit Hw To Insert Music In A Form In Visual Basic / What Are The Implications Of The New National ID Card? / Top 5 PC Makers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.