Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Picking A House - HELP!!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Picking A House - HELP!!! (809 Views)

Estate Agent's Practice Of Picking-up Clients In Eateries. / Cost Of Wiring A House. / Another Window Opening To Own A House In Abuja Wit Out Fcda Problems Pic Includ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2014
Good morning All,

Been an ardent follower of the Nairaland threads and going by statistics on how much learned advice has been given on here, I'm convinced this shot of mine at seeking advice will not fail.

I'm a fresh graduate who's trying to relocate to Lagos and start life. Life in terms of networking, job search e.t.c
I don't at the moment have friends that I could stay with for long nor family members in town.

During my short visits, I've been trying to settle for a choice location that affords safety, stable power and quiet environment away from the hustle and bustle of the day. But I've not been able to have an almost perfect pick.

Please in your opinion, kindly help suggest a place you think best will fit. My rent budget is quite flexible as much as possible but not looking beyond 400k. A roomy studio apartment or Mini flat are what I'm looking at.

Cheers all.
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
19views no response
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by doyin1985(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
What part of Lagos do you have in mind?
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
doyin1985: What part of Lagos do you have in mind?

I naturally have a flair for cool, silent life of the island. Nevertheless I'm worried if opportunities for someone who's just starting life in a city like Lagos abound there.

Took a walk alongside an agent to Ogudu GRA a week ago, it seem cool enough too.

Hence why I'm here to seek opinions that could aid my decision.
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by doyin1985(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Well, ogudu axis aint bad at all.....its central just like yaba,and surulere...the issuue is your 400k budget...though with tht sum, you can get a good miniflat at any of that location
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
doyin1985: Well, ogudu axis aint bad at all.....its central just like yaba,and surulere...the issuue is your 400k budget...though with tht sum, you can get a good miniflat at any of that location

Thank you.
Permit me if you were asked to choose, would you prefer the Island to the Mainland?
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by doyin1985(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Would prefer ogudu
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
doyin1985: Would prefer ogudu

Ok. Thank you so much.
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by sam13(m): 12:21am On Sep 13, 2014
Suggestion of perfect areas i can choose for you Surulere, Yaba, Ogudu,there are good miniflats in these areas
Call 07038462492
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2014
sam13: Suggestion of perfect areas i can choose for you Surulere, Yaba, Ogudu,there are good miniflats in these areas
Call 07038462492

I'm not a fan of Yaba as such due to it's proximity to UNILAG and the students. I'd rather prefer Ogudu not the Ojota side now. But some place fairly cool.. I could also work with the GRA
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Come to lekki, an estate close to alpha beach. There are a couple of mini flats for 350k so u have a choice to choose one. It's a quiet neighbourhood with good roads and street lights. The sea is just right behind you so on a Sunday evening if you don't feel like going out, you can sit infront of your house and enjoy the serene view of the sea and the natural breeze in the air.

It's ideal especially if you are working on the island because you will always be against traffic during rush hours.

Pictures available on request.
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
YorubaJesus: Come to lekki, an estate close to alpha beach. There are a couple of mini flats for 350k so u have a choice to choose one. It's a quiet neighbourhood with good roads and street lights. The sea is just right behind you so on a Sunday evening if you don't feel like going out, you can sit infront of your house and enjoy the serene view of the sea and the natural breeze in the air.

It's ideal especially if you are working on the island because you will always be against traffic during rush hours.

Pictures available on request.

That sounds perfect I must confess.
I'd like to see the pictures. Drop your line and I'd send you a message.
You also didn't talk about power.. What is power like there?
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by casmirjohn: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sapiosexual22:

call,08174452902,08159777608
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sapiosexual22:

I can send you pictures on whatsapp. Power is okay, I can't guarantee 24 hrs light but in a day, there's usually power for more than 10 hours. Call me on 08098526071.
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
casmirjohn: call,08174452902,08159777608

Good evening, I should call you on what exactly sir?

YorubaJesus:

I can send you pictures on whatsapp. Power is okay, I can't guarantee 24 hrs light but in a day, there's usually power for more than 10 hours. Call me on 08098526071.

Sent you a message via whatsapp
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sapiosexual22:

Sent you a message via whatsapp

I dont use whatsapp on that number. Call or send sms or send your number
Re: Picking A House - HELP!!! by Sapiosexual22: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
YorubaJesus:

I dont use whatsapp on that number. Call or send sms or send your number

Just did...

(1) (Reply)

Big Shop To Let @ Alapere For 10,000naira Per Month X1yr. / Land For Sale At Ibusa, Delta State. / Urgent Sales- Affordable 3/4 Bedroom Duplex @ Lekki, VGC, & Yaba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.