Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Picking A House - Help!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Picking A House - Help!!! (1123 Views)

Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! / Photos Of A House In Abu Dhabi That Looks Exactly Like A Coin / Travel Agents Inthe House; Help Needed For Hoilday In Sao Tome And Principe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good morning All,

Been an ardent follower of the Nairaland threads and going by statistics on how much learned advice has been given on here, I'm convinced this shot of mine at seeking advice will not fail.

I'm a fresh graduate who's trying to relocate to Lagos and start life. Life in terms of networking, job search e.t.c
I don't at the moment have friends that I could stay with for long nor family members in town.

During my short visits, I've been trying to settle for a choice location that affords safety, stable power and quiet environment away from the hustle and bustle of the day. But I've not been able to have an almost perfect pick.

Please in your opinion, kindly help suggest a place you think best will fit. My rent budget is quite flexible as much as possible but not looking beyond 400k. A roomy studio apartment or Mini flat are what I'm looking at.

Cheers all.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by lymelyte(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sure 400k is enough for a mini flat at ajah Part of Lagos..
Sapiosexual22: Good morning All,

Been an ardent follower of the Nairaland threads and going by statistics on how much learned advice has been given on here, I'm convinced this shot of mine at seeking advice will not fail.

I'm a fresh graduate who's trying to relocate to Lagos and start life. Life in terms of networking, job search e.t.c
I don't at the moment have friends that I could stay with for long nor family members in town.

During my short visits, I've been trying to settle for a choice location that affords safety, stable power and quiet environment away from the hustle and bustle of the day. But I've not been able to have an almost perfect pick.

Please in your opinion, kindly help suggest a place you think best will fit. My rent budget is quite flexible as much as possible but not looking beyond 400k. A roomy studio apartment or Mini flat are what I'm looking at.

Cheers all.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
lymelyte: Sure 400k is enough for a mini flat at ajah Part of Lagos..

Isn't Ajah the extreme end of the island.
Looking at it's proximity to job prospects.

1 Like

Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by lymelyte(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sapiosexual22:

Isn't Ajah the extreme end of the island.
Looking at it's proximity to job prospects.
No it is not.. When I mean ajah, I mean ajah lekki extension.. As a matter of fact, ajah is not far at all. There are jobs on the island. What kind of job are you looking for? Inbetween, extreme and end means the same thing..
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
lymelyte: No it is not.. When I mean ajah, I mean ajah lekki extension.. As a matter of fact, ajah is not far at all. There are jobs on the island. What kind of job are you looking for? Inbetween, extreme and end means the same thing..

Ok... Lekki Extension will extended to place like Abraham Adesanya yeah?
And I'm a fresh graduate. Hence, anything to give me a career headstart will be good.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by lymelyte(m): 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sapiosexual22:

Ok... Lekki Extension will extended to place like Abraham Adesanya yeah?
And I'm a fresh graduate. Hence, anything to give me a career headstart will be good.
yes..
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2014
Try Ogudu GRA. Its on the mainland but not far from the Island. Very serene with mostly the upper and middle class. Very quiet. Stable electricity and accessibility to the major places in the city.

A good studio apartment will be about 300k, excluding the agency and other fees. Only problem is that you may be asked to pay for 2 yrs. So with agency fee and all, it could come up to 800k/2years.

That used to be my hood and I miss it so much. Best place I've stayed in Lag.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2014
lymelyte: yes..

Ok. Thank you.
The traffic on that road at night is something to dread. Thank you still though for your input.
I will give it some thoughts
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 11:15am On Sep 13, 2014
Phema: Try Ogudu GRA. Its on the mainland but not far from the Island. Very serene with mostly the upper and middle class. Very quiet. Stable electricity and accessibility to the major places in the city.

A good studio apartment will be about 300k, excluding the agency and other fees. Only problem is that you may be asked to pay for 2 yrs. So with agency fee and all, it could come up to 800k/2years.

That used to be my hood and I miss it so much. Best place I've stayed in Lag.

Thank you so much. I have been there myself and I must confess that yes, the environment is super serene and I loved my first walk through it alongside the agent who toon me visiting.

Problem however is, the size of the studio apartments were quite small and coming up with 2years rent is quite something I can't afford. A year, I could still do.

By the way, do you have any links to securing an apartment there? A big studio apartment or a fairly priced mini-flat?

Thanks.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sapiosexual22:
Thank you so much. I have been there myself and I must confess that yes, the environment is super serene and I loved my first walk through it alongside the agent who toon me visiting.

Problem however is, the size of the studio apartments were quite small and coming up with 2years rent is quite something I can't afford. A year, I could still do.

By the way, do you have any links to securing an apartment there? A big studio apartment or a fairly priced mini-flat?
Thanks.

Very serene indeed and kinda central. Accessible to all parts of Lag without much hassles. Then again, if you want to buy cheap food stuff, all you need do is take #50 cab to Ojota. You have almost all the major banks along that road. So, bank transactions are quite easy. Relatively safe too. Stayed there for good 2 years and never for once did I hear of any robbery incident. Don't mind me ooo. I really just love the place.

Some landlords do take one year's rent. You do have to search harder though. Tell your agents to get houses that landlords accept one yr payment. I paid for 1 year when I stayed there. Just called the landlord and he said he doesn't have any vacant flat. I've lost the agent's contact.

If you want a bigger room, then do a mini flat . Then again, it's more money. The one I stayed in was quite small too, but I didn't mind cos I was staying alone. Sometimes, quality prevails over quantity wink

Good luck in your search and welcome to Lasgidi!

1 Like

Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema:

Very serene indeed and kinda central. Accessible to all parts of Lag without much hassles. Then again, if you want to buy cheap food stuff, all you need do is take #50 cab to Ojota. You have almost all the major banks along that road. So, bank transactions are quite easy. Relatively safe too. Stayed there for good 2 years and never for once did I hear of any robbery incident. Don't mind me ooo. I really just love the place.

Some landlords do take one year's rent. You do have to search harder though. Tell your agents to get houses that landlords accept one yr payment. I paid for 1 year when I stayed there. Just called the landlord and he said he doesn't have any vacant flat. I've lost the agent's contact.

If you want a bigger room, then do a mini flat . Then again, it's more money. The one I stayed in was quite small too, but I didn't mind cos I was staying alone. Sometimes, quality prevails over quantity wink

Good luck in your search and welcome to Lasgidi!

Yeah it's position is quite strategic with accessibility to major access routes to Lagos and even outside, Yet still maintaining it's serenity.The power too I was told is quite great.

Overall sounds like a perfect place!
Thank you... One hopes to make dreams come true starting from West Africa's biggest city.
I'd consider a fairly spacious self con.

Permit me to ask, was the one you stayed in a BQ to a house where it was just you and your landlord in the compound?
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sapiosexual22:
Permit me to ask, was the one you stayed in a BQ to a house where it was just you and your landlord in the compound?

It was like a block of flats. About 5 self contains and 2 mini-flat. He was staying in one of the mini flats.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema:

It was like a block of flats. About 5 self contains and 2 mini-flat. He was staying in one of the mini flats.

Oh ok... Thanks for your time again.
I'd try my luck at it.
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by seyikares(f): 1:57am On Sep 19, 2014
@phema
Eeya its just u be parked away, I would have loved to meet u, that's where I stay now too by virtue of marriage , how's your new environment?

@ops u can still try ojota,ketu,Maryland,oregun gbagada,they are all easily accessible too and r cheaper .
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 19, 2014
seyikares: @phema
Eeya its just u be parked away, I would have loved to meet u, that's where I stay now too by virtue of marriage , how's your new environment?

Aaaawwww. Would have loved to meet you too. I stayed there as a single lady. Moved to the Island when I got married. But trust me, I still miss that place like kilode! smiley
Re: Picking A House - Help!!! by Sapiosexual22: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
seyikares: @phema

@ops u can still try ojota,ketu,Maryland,oregun gbagada,they are all easily accessible too and r cheaper .

Thanks dear... God bless your heart!

(1) (Reply)

Marriott Hotels & Resorts SCAM Or REAL??? / Traveling To Spain / MH370 Plane May Be Somewhere In Africa( Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.