Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! (1463 Views)

Is It Legal To Courier Nigerian Passport From Nigeria To Canada / Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (2) (3) (4)

Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by expertman(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dear peeps,

I applied for Myanmar visa through their embassy in South africa.

After much talks with one of their visa office who told me to send my passport and that of my wife and kids because we going for a short tourist.

I choose to send them through fedex.

Within 3days it got to him at the embassy. To my greatest surprise he called me that I sent him Nigeria passport and I replied yes in affirmation.

I am a Nigerian and I can't hide my nationality.

So he replied that he is sorry that they no longer issue Visa for Nigerians. At that point I was speechless I begged him for 3 days to assist me but he decline.

The only solution is to pick up my passport!

I went to fedex and they contact their office in SA
To my surprise I was told to pay N67,983 for the pickup.

I was so devastated hearing that amount.

So I need advise if any one have encounter such problem before and how you got it solved.

Or if you know the price I can get such service at other courier company.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
shocked so is that mean Nigerians are not allowed to go in Myanmar or u juz don't need a visa to visit that country? sad sad
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by expertman(m): 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
KashyBaby:
shocked so is that mean Nigerians are not allowed to go in Myanmar or u juz don't need a visa to visit that country? sad sad

If you can get your visa fine. But the embassy appointed to issue visas for Nigerians says they can't grant us their Visa.

So how will you enter when you can't get the VISA ?
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
expertman:

If you can get your visa fine. But the embassy appointed to issue visas for Nigerians says they can't grant us their Visa.

Why not they cant grant u tourist visas? They shud have a valid reason for this..
Some countries OP, they don't need visa for u to travel in their country..I will example my country which is Philippines, we don't need visa to go to any Asian countries and some part of south America & even in the USA as long as we travel as a tourist.

U may ask somebody who's in Myanmar to get it for u..
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by uckennety(m): 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
expertman:

Pls is nigeria nott beta dan dt hellhole! Pls go tahiti or cape-verde
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by expertman(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
KashyBaby:

Why not they cant grant u tourist visas? They shud have a valid reason for this..
Some countries OP, they don't need visa for u to travel in their country..I will example my country which is Philippines, we don't need visa to go to any Asian countries and some part of south America & even in the USA as long as we travel as a tourist.

U may ask somebody who's in Myanmar to get it for u..

Oh you from Phillippines ? Never knew that you from that country.

My sister you are right that you have many Visa free countries to your passport.

This is because you. Have a strong passport.

Nigeria too have many Visa free countries.

Hope to visit Philippines soon too.

@Justwise please kindly help out sir !
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by expertman(m): 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
uckennety:

Pls is nigeria nott beta dan dt hellhole! Pls go tahiti or cape-verde
Not every one travels for greener pasture sir.
My wife deals with spiritual items and that's one of the reasons for the visit.
Though you won't understand sha !
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by uckennety(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
expertman:

Not every one travels for greener pasture sir.

My wife deals with spiritual items and that's one of the reasons for the visit.

Though you won't understand sha !

Pls go to india!rEad wt I sent u!nt u.s or u.k said tahiti and cape vErde!its in W.africa 4 tourism
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by expertman(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
uckennety:

Pls go to india!rEad wt I sent u!nt u.s or u.k said tahiti and cape vErde!its in W.africa 4 tourism

I don't understand what you are saying sir !
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by femijck(m): 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
I would advise u look up their website, if they allow authorisation of individual to pick it up on ur behalf.....i had d same issue wit fedex last month when i ordered them to pick my passport, they charged me same amount as urs. Whereas it cost me just 16k to send thru same Fedex....but i later authorised someone to pick it and i spent less 8k to bring it back to naija thru EMS.
My cent.
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by expertman(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
femijck:
I would advise u look up their website, if they allow authorisation of individual to pick it up on ur behalf.....i had d same issue wit fedex last month when i ordered them to pick my passport, they charged me same amount as urs. Whereas it cost me just 16k to send thru same Fedex....but i later authorised someone to pick it and i spent less 8k to bring it back to naija thru EMS.
My cent.

Thanks bro you right just contact UPS NOW. They said 19K for the pickup.

Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by uckennety(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
expertman:

I don't understand what you are saying sir !

Neva mind!!!
Re: Need Help In Picking My Passport From Myammar Embassy South Africa ! by eGarage(m): 1:13am On Jul 18, 2016
expertman:

Dear peeps,
I applied for Myanmar visa through their embassy in South africa.
After much talks with one of their visa office who told me to send my passport and that of my wife and kids because we going for a short tourist.
I choose to send them through fedex.
Within 3days it got to him at the embassy. To my greatest surprise he called me that I sent him Nigeria passport and I replied yes in affirmation.
I am a Nigerian and I can't hide my nationality.
So he replied that he is sorry that they no longer issue Visa for Nigerians. At that point I was speechless I begged him for 3 days to assist me but he decline.
The only solution is to pick up my passport!
I went to fedex and they contact their office in SA
To my surprise I was told to pay N67,983 for the pickup.
I was so devastated hearing that amount.
So I need advise if any one have encounter such problem before and how you got it solved.
Or if you know the price I can get such service at other courier company.
Thanks in anticipation

Dear Sir,

How have you been able to sort out your VISA? I am bid to be in Yangon this week and still not figured out how to get my VISA. Did you get through eventually? Is Visa on Arrival applicable?

Would appreciate your response.

Black Girl Gruesomely Murdered In Asia (warning: Horrifying Video) / World’s First Underground Hotel To Open In Shanghai, China (Photos) / France