Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method (2415 Views)

Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo / What I Got On Boxing Day, Job Seekers Beware! / Job Seekers Beware Of This Username (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Am typing from my nokia 3310, so plz forgive my typos... This one happened to me, but jst that am already scam proof so I was able to identify the scam right from the on set... So this lady just joined a facebook page that i belong. I didnt notice when she joined, but i can tell that she was new as she has not always being part of our discussion. So one day, she just dropped this post on our wall... "any natural science graduate with minimum of 2:2"... When I saw her post, I decided to check her profile to see where she works. Low and behold, I saw "works in chevron as HR personnel" but looking at her pictures, friends and comment on facebook, she doesnt seem like one who works in chevron. My instincts just told me that she maybe trying to scam pple, but i decided to give it a trial. So I sent a msg to her, the following day she repleid and was telling me that she was asked to bring a science graduate that will fill in a position in chevron lab, warri.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
After telling her that I met the requirement, she demanded for my cv which I sent, after removing some vital information. After abt an hour, she called me and asked me to send mtn 750 so dat she will be able to call her superior that will help her process my application. I just laffed... So I told her that as a job seeker, that I dont have much on me, that I can only afford dat of 100 naira. So said ok, dat i shld send it. So i jst transfered the 100 naira from my phn to hers. After abt 30min, I got an sms with chevron as the sender(i guess its bulk sms) saying that my application for a technician has been successful, but to complete the application, I need to upload a medical fitness report.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
I called her, told her that I dont have the report, so she said I shld go to a general hospital and get on before 12:30pm, else I will lose the application. Funny enough, it was already 12:10pm. So I told her I wont meet the deadline. So she said that she can do it for me over there in her office clinic, but I need to pay her the sum of 3k for express processing. I accepted, then she sent an acct number for me to pay in the money. Luckily for me, it was UBA acct number.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
That morning, I got a credit alert frm UBA cos I bank with them. So, I just called her, told her that am having problem trying to process the payment, that the bank is demanding for the number in which she used to open the acct as a form of verication. So she sent the phone number, then I just edited the alert sms that I got frm UBA, sent it to her with my bulk sms, pick up an old teller of UBA that is not all that clear and forwarded it to her mail as evidence of payment... *edited* on the part of the balance in the alert sms, i just used asterisks and wrote some text missing. That was why I quickly forwarded the teller to her to make it look real...
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Zehner(f): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
What happened next?

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Zehner: What happened next?
the tory dey sweet u abi .... naijas like gist ... lols
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Zehner(f): 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
majekdom2: the tory dey sweet u abi .... naijas like gist ... lols
cheesy how u c d gist?
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Next thing, she called me and said that she has recieved the payment and that I will soon get a msg to confirm my application. Ten minute later, I got the sms frm same chevron... Saying that my application has been successful that I will be contacted for interview soon. So I called her and thanked her for her help. The following, I got another sms frm same chevron that my application failed. So I called her to brief her abt the text. She just acted surprised and said that she forgot to upload a form that is supposed to be signed by the HOD of that particular lab that she will get back to me. Later, she called again and said that the man is demanding for 5k before he signs the document, that if I can afford the money, I shld try and pay, that she is assuring me of the job ones the man signs. So I told her to send the acct number. So she sent a zenith bank acct. Bad for me, I dont have acct with zenith, so i dont knw how their alert sms works. I decided to cut off communication with her. So you guys shld be careful in trying to deal with an unknwn person that wants to help us get a job. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Zehner: cheesy how u c d gist?
its a bad situation in nigeria where job seekers are a prey to scammers and 419ners. where is the love?
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
All these happened btw tuesday and today. Maybe, tomorrow I will call her and tell her to help me get the job with her resource, then when I start getting my salary, I will compensate her for three good months...
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Zehner(f): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
majekdom2: its a bad situation in nigeria where job seekers are a prey to scammers and 419ners. where is the love?
truly sad. But the recharge card was a "warning bell" which "smelling" Hr person for Chevron o! A whole Chevron will accept 100 naira card then request 3000. @ Op u are smart sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Zehner: truly sad. But the recharge card was a "warning bell" which "smelling" Hr person for Chevron o! A whole Chevron will accept 100 naira card then request 3000. @ Op u are smart sha
I already knw it was a scam right after lookin at her profile. I just decided to play along to see how it goes. Funny enough, some job seekers might fall for that, as its just 3k den 5k wch is not much compared to scammers demanding 100k. But i want to believe that she will keep demand until you get tired of paying or when your eye opens.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Zehner(f): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
AltarBoy1: I already knw it was a scam right after lookin at her profile. I just decided to play along to see how it goes. Funny enough, some job seekers might fall for that, as its just 3k den 5k wch is not much compared to scammers demanding 100k. But i want to believe that she will keep demand until you get tired of paying or when your eye opens.
*smh May God help us in this country. We are our own enemies.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Zehner: *smh May God help us in this country. We are our own enemies.
Yes o... After we go dey complain govt govt, but we sef we bad. The thing wey pain me pass be say na woman wey wan scam me. So women have joined the league...
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Zehner(f): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
AltarBoy1: Yes o... After we go dey complain govt govt, but we sef we bad. The thing wey pain me pass be say na woman wey wan scam me. So women have joined the league...
na wa to u o! Na today! Scamming knows no gender.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by ekeneidiagbor: 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nigerians are smart but unfortunately majority are scam innovative... Op u did well...... A case of when d scammer gets fooled.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Zehner: na wa to u o! Na today! Scamming knows no gender.
I never knew of any female scammer... Unfortunately, i got to knw it by experience...
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
ekeneidiagbor: Nigerians are smart but unfortunately majority are scam innovative... Op u did well...... A case of when d scammer gets fooled.
Thanks bro... If only we can channel these scamming effort to more better things...
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
I had similar case yesterday, but with Globacom. My cousin called me telling me he's chatting with Mike Adenuga, I was so shocked wen he told me cos I can't imagine Mike himself chatting with a yung boi on FB. He then told me that Mike gave him a number for him to call and tell him about the job issue. So we decyd to call and the man I called told me to pay 8k for him to process my application on how I can be gainfully employed into Glo, I just started laffing immediately cos me know tis pure scam...
God will help us job seekers tho.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Austindark(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
wat is d world turning into
na wa o
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Davland(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
*Funny*

scammer being scammed
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
dorojazzy
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
polymathic: I had similar case yesterday, but with Globacom. My cousin called me telling me he's chatting with Mike Adenuga, I was so shocked wen he told me cos I can't imagine Mike himself chatting with a yung boi on FB. He then told me that Mike gave him a number for him to call and tell him about the job issue. So we decyd to call and the man I called told me to pay 8k for him to process my application on how I can be gainfully employed into Glo, I just started laffing immediately cos me know tis pure scam...
God will help us job seekers tho.
lol these scammers sef... What will someone who has a contact with Adenuga be doing with 8k. Just like the lady that tried to scam me. She just blew her cover by asking me for a recharge card. How could she, a chevron worker be asking of recharge card.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
AltarBoy1: I never knew of any female scammer... Unfortunately, i got to knw it by experience...
Lol first time I'm hearing of a female scammer.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2014
AltarBoy1: lol these scammers sef... What will someone who has a contact with Adenuga be doing with 8k. Just like the lady that tried to scam me. She just blew her cover by asking me for a recharge card. How could she, a chevron worker be asking of recharge card.
They're still learners na grin They don't know that tis nt all job seekers that are desperate and foolish as them..m broke arse niggresses n niggers
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Infact i rejoice with you guy for been wise, i have fallen victim to different scammers and i paid the money in a rush. After realizing have been scammed, i rained curses on them and even cast spells on them and their children to their third unborn generation.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by ocheola01: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
There must be part2 000
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by belindy(f): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
they r all bloody hungry fools. all their tactics are coming to light. thank God u were smarter@ op. anybody could have been a victim
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 3:02am On Sep 14, 2014
shegzyvic: Infact i rejoice with you guy for been wise, i have fallen victim to different scammers and i paid the money in a rush. After realizing have been scammed, i rained curses on them and even cast spells on them and their children to their third unborn generation.
Too bad you lost your cash to them... For me, any employemnt that has to do with dropping cash is a no no for me... Even if its my friend...

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 3:03am On Sep 14, 2014
belindy: they r all bloody hungry fools. all their tactics are coming to light. thank God u were smarter@ op. anybody could have been a victim
We just pray that with threads like this, pple will wisen up...
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
My friend just feel for this scam. He paid about 5k for wine and 3k for medical report. The girl(scammer) still went ahead to ask him to pay in another 3k to finally process his applcation, that was when he alerted me and I told him it was a scam. Plz guys, bewae of AMANDA OKOLO on facebook. She is the scammer and she works with some other guys that will claim to work in same company, she always claim to be working for an oil company in HR department. The email she normally use is bxnnnnnn@gmail.com.
Re: Job Seekers!!! Beware Of This Scam Method by AltarBoy1: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
She normally send out application message with "chevron@" as the sender to make you feel its from chevron. Be careful guys...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Industries: Fresh Call For Submission Of Cv / British Council Of Nigeria Job Recruitment (2 Positions) / INEC Exam / Screening Date For 2020 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.