Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,503 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

Cchub Releases Mobile Intelligence Infographic, Slightly Flawed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cchub Releases Mobile Intelligence Infographic, Slightly Flawed (438 Views)

Cchub Nigeria Invited Me For A Startup Pitch On Skype / Get noticed In Your Business Or Job With A Customised Infographic Resume / 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cchub Releases Mobile Intelligence Infographic, Slightly Flawed by enterprise54: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2014

ENTERPRISE54 – The Mobile Experience Centre of Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space CcHub has released a 2nd edition of the “How I Use my Phone” series, a research aimed at gathering market research intelligence around mobile behavior in Nigeria.

The aim of the series is to provide open access to information that will prove useful to the general public; albeit for different purposes such as knowledge acquisition, research, projects, product development etc.

This second installment, a sequel to the first which studied mobile usage patterns among market traders, is targeted at Nigerian working professionals.

The survey samples 1552 participants across several sectors of the economy and management levels from entry to senior management. 58.3% of the sampled population is dominated by male professionals. An interesting point to note is that the largest share of the population, 39.3% use their mobile phones, most, to browse over 36.1% who said they use theirs for making calls mostly.

A far-leading 31% also named Whats app as their most used mobile application. BBM followed with 20.9% with Facebook trailing behind with 15.7%. South African telecoms giant didn’t falter. MTN accounted for over a third of the population’s mobile network providing service to 38.5% of the professionals. Etisalat followed with 25.1% while Airtel and Glo trailed with 23.3% and 13.2% respectively.

A major flaw of the infographic (or research) is the negligence of participants’ income revenue. The purchasing power of these 1552 professionals is definitely a pivotal determinant of their mobile phone preference and behavior and without studying this financial factor it is impossible for Mxlab to achieve its noble objective of producing a balanced market intelligence businesses or organizations can rely on to build operations.

For example, How I Use my Phone infographic claims 56.1% of Nigerian professionals own a mobile phone, 37.9% own two, 5.3% own three and 0.6% own four. The only way the imports of this information should be taken seriously is if the questioned group share a common income range. Otherwise, it is heavily skewed. It doesn’t show, for example, if 56.1% of the sampled senior management execs who earn enough to own four phones, actually keep to owning just one.

Click link to continue reading http://enterprise54.com/cchub-releases-mobile-intelligence-infographic-slightly-flawed/

(1) (Reply)

Without Vision Business Perish / If In Need Of Cute Models For Jobs(get Them Here) / Charcoal Suppliers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.